I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears, and sweat
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:40:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears, and sweat
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears, and sweat  (Read 2634 times)
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 26, 2005, 11:27:26 PM »

I've watched this evening with an amount of trepidation, confusion and laughter. I've not been an active part since filling a case at the Court earlier this evening for one reason only, I didn't want to enflame emotions no matter how high mine might have been.

As far as I have ever been concerned, the only entity with the authority to just strike a federal Law is the Supreme Court itself - I maintain this through and through, and the Constitution bears me out on this in its plain text. I maintain the constitutionality of the Marriage Equity Act, despite how much members of this forum may hate it, the Courts will now decide this matter and hopefully there we will find a resolution.

Within days our new Constitution will hopefully take effect - it has been many months in the coming. Hours and days of people's time have been spent working on it - Ernest's, Colin's, My own. Finally we will have a constitutional settlement that hopefully befits our great nation.

I have been in this nation many months, I have seen crises of all proportions - our Republic has stood the tests of time and has been tested to destruction. This will be no different, we will survive, we will go on.

A year ago today [seriously, I'm not kidding] was held a Revolution, a Revolution that was born in the hope that we could burn away the rot of discontent and partisan hatred. We had fire in our bones and we hoped to bring light to the forum as John would say. I hope these actions were forged in the same intent: If they were not, then the days ahead may be bleak, but I will always remember a solemn oath I took: "To preserve, protect and defend the Constitution".

My fellow citizens, good night.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2005, 11:32:37 PM »

Excellent statement, Mr. VP.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2005, 11:44:19 PM »

If you come to our side, you can execute the traitor Harry Smiley
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2005, 08:05:55 AM »

Excellent speech Mr. Vice President.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2005, 11:24:52 AM »

Approx. 5 miles from the Kentucky-Tennessee border

We're here with Vice President Bell who has arrived in Kentucky to visit troops who arrived here in the early hours of the morning on the order of President San Croix in response to an effective call to arms issued in the Southeast.

Mister Vice President, how exactly are the troops?

Well, I've had an opportunity to talk with some of soldiers of the Indiana National Guard who you can see behind me, and they are all doing well, they've kept in high spirits through out the day that has passed without incident.

We've heard that similar formations have been setup in other border states, is the Federal Government preparing an invasion?

Absolutely not. The federal government has deployed the militias of loyal Regions and the Army as a method of keeping the peace, and giving protection to the lives and property in the border States. Many citizens close to the border are extremely concerned about the possibility of a Southeast force attempting to annex a border State and it turning ugly - We're here to prevent this and to hopefully bring a peaceful resolution to this all

Whats your personal opinion of the Governor's actions?

I'm disappointed that the Governor didn't go through the legislative options available to him, but he never particularly escalated the situation. It was members of the SE government such as Jake who openly suggested that the federal government was going to attempt to invade the Southeast and effectively issued a call to arms who came seriously close to causing loss of life.

If the Court rules against the Governor, do you expect him to comply with the decision?

I hope so, but you'd have to ask the Governor

Undoubtedly there will be repercussions for this in the Senate, with legislation already being drafted, would you like to comment?

I've seen some of the stuff coming out of the Senate already, but now isn't the time to be discussing this, tempers are still fraid and emotions still high. Undoubtedly this issue will emerge in the next session and I look forward to working in the Senate as the Presiding Officer and with the President.

Thank you Mr Vice President.
DanielX
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -4.70

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2005, 06:07:53 PM »

I'd like to find out more about this revolution. And if it failed, what are you doing here?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies