Favorite Country A-L (round 3)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:17:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Favorite Country A-L (round 3)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Favorite Country A-L (round 23)
Canada

Germany

Japan

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 66

Author Topic: Favorite Country A-L (round 3)  (Read 1721 times)
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2015, 08:18:27 AM »

Sticking with Germany.

I do have a feeling it's either going to be close with Sweden vs. US or a blowout in favor of Sweden. I think you all know my feelings on the internet's Sweden fetish by now.

You whine about a "Sweden fetish" yet you vote for Germany? And you have a red avatar. That makes absolutely no sense.

I'm a German student so I believe that only makes logical sense. I've seen time and again this odd idealization of Sweden as some sort of modern utopia which frankly I think is overblown.

Why can't red avatar like Germany? I don't get the conflict that you are seeing here.

Ah, sorry. I didn't know you were actually German. Can't blame you for rooting for your country. Wink

My point was that if you are left-wing, Sweden is on all objective accounts a better country than Germany. All the issues one might have with Sweden would also apply to Germany, while Germany lacks the more positive aspects of Sweden.

I study the language; I do not hail from 'Schland.

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2015, 08:55:02 AM »

Sticking with Germany.

I do have a feeling it's either going to be close with Sweden vs. US or a blowout in favor of Sweden. I think you all know my feelings on the internet's Sweden fetish by now.

You whine about a "Sweden fetish" yet you vote for Germany? And you have a red avatar. That makes absolutely no sense.

I'm a German student so I believe that only makes logical sense. I've seen time and again this odd idealization of Sweden as some sort of modern utopia which frankly I think is overblown.

Why can't red avatar like Germany? I don't get the conflict that you are seeing here.

Ah, sorry. I didn't know you were actually German. Can't blame you for rooting for your country. Wink

My point was that if you are left-wing, Sweden is on all objective accounts a better country than Germany. All the issues one might have with Sweden would also apply to Germany, while Germany lacks the more positive aspects of Sweden.

I study the language; I do not hail from 'Schland.

Then I'm back to not getting it. Tongue
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2015, 09:15:34 AM »

Deutschland selbstverständlich
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom