Carson flubs foreign policy discussion in Hugh Hewitt interview (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:32:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Carson flubs foreign policy discussion in Hugh Hewitt interview (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Carson flubs foreign policy discussion in Hugh Hewitt interview  (Read 2566 times)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« on: March 19, 2015, 12:08:10 PM »

http://dailycaller.com/2015/03/18/do-you-read-this-stuff-hugh-hewitt-questions-ben-carsons-foreign-policy-chops/

You must be logged in to read this quote.

E.g., when Carson said that Islam goes back to Jacob and Esau, Hewitt corrected him, but Carson stuck to his guns:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Later in the interview, Carson said that "We need to convince [the Baltic states] to get involved in NATO", apparently not realizing that they're already in NATO.

A little googling makes it seem that this likely comes from some interpretations of the Bible that put a prophetic slant on the story of Jacob and Esau. With Esau as the "father" of the Arab people, and the split between the two brothers being emblematic of the hostility between Arabs and Israel over Palestine. All of which glosses over the difference between Arab and Muslim, among other problems with it.

The same googling leads me to think that anyone who takes this interpretation seriously is likely to be what I would personally label as 'Christian nutter'. That seems to match with my impression of Ben Carson, so it makes sense that he would really believe what he's saying. He's not making a mistake, he's just firmly planted in the world of Christian mythology, instead of history.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies