Favorite Country M-Z (round 3) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:46:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Favorite Country M-Z (round 3) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Favorite Country M-Z (round 3)
Mexico

Sweden

United States of America

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 62

Author Topic: Favorite Country M-Z (round 3)  (Read 1260 times)
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: March 19, 2015, 04:51:28 PM »

USA to spite the internet's (and social-liberal political culture's, in general) Sweden fixation.

Yes, we love the country that has the most extensive, universalistic and egalitarian welfare system because we are "social-liberals". Roll Eyes

And this is why I vote Sweden

Partially to counterspite "muh Sweden fixation" USA voters, partially because US vs Canada would be boring Tongue. But mostly because it has the Nordic System and didn't vote for Dubya, Reagan, or Nixon, and it gave us the Wallander series.

Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 05:10:19 PM »

Partially to counterspite "muh Sweden fixation so I'll vote USA"

Seriously, that makes absolutely no sense. What's wrong with actually liking a country because it represents the practical enactment of many policies we find desirable and is, in all conceivable rankings, among the top 5 most successful countries in the world? As opposed to voting for USA because "GO USA YAY PATRIOTISM!!!11!1!1!1!1!!!"?

I s'pose I forgot a few words...figured the pieces could be put together (fixed that). Anyway, I'm tired of those voting USA just because "oooh social liberals will vote Sweden".

And I did have the word partially for a reason (another part being that an all NA battle would be boring) I also do genuinely like the country myself for what it is.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies