Huck: Obama "disdains" Israel because he identifies w/ the rest of the Mid-East
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:32:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Huck: Obama "disdains" Israel because he identifies w/ the rest of the Mid-East
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Huck: Obama "disdains" Israel because he identifies w/ the rest of the Mid-East  (Read 1746 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 19, 2015, 10:17:08 PM »

http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/huckabee-obamas-extraordinary-disdain-for-israel-comes-from#.lmEA9N18d

You must be logged in to read this quote.

This comes a few days after Huckabee reiterated his previous statements about a two state solution being a fantasy:

http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/03/16/mike-huckabee-weighs-israeli-elections

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Senate Minority Leader Lord Voldemort
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: -5.91

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 10:20:39 PM »

IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 10:26:39 PM »

So first Bibi addresses Congress right before an election without being invited by the president, then comes out against the two-state solution in a (sadly successful) effort to pander to his lunatic base, and now he's signaling for his minions in the GOP to follow suit. Truly disgusting. Despite always identifying as pro-Israel, I'm legitimately reconsidering my stance at this point.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2015, 10:36:02 PM »

So first Bibi addresses Congress right before an election without being invited by the president, then comes out against the two-state solution in a (sadly successful) effort to pander to his lunatic base, and now he's signaling for his minions in the GOP to follow suit.

To be clear, the opposition to a 2-state solution by Huckabee isn't new.  He's been calling it "unrealistic" since 2009.  And in 2007, he said "there's no such thing as a Palestinian":

Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2015, 11:16:44 PM »

Does the Huckster think it's 2012, and he'll be running against Obama? (I know, I know - he's really just running for a bigger advance on his next book, and a bigger paycheck on his next contract with Fox. Still, it's fun to pretend the man has an any dignity or self-respect left.)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2015, 11:20:43 PM »

Does the Huckster think it's 2012, and he'll be running against Obama? (I know, I know - he's really just running for a bigger advance on his next book, and a bigger paycheck on his next contract with Fox. Still, it's fun to pretend the man has an any dignity or self-respect left.)

He thinks Hillary and Obama are the same person. (I'm sure Huckabee thinks he win the GOP nomination, and I'm also sure he doesn't give a crap about winning in November)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2015, 11:41:55 PM »

We have Trump, Carson, and Graham. No need for this Huckabee fellow.
porky88
Rookie
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2015, 11:57:13 PM »

Even if he was running against Obama, this is no way to go about it.
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2015, 02:38:57 AM »

Huckabee is yesterday's news and so too is, Obama. Huckabee is like the energizer bunny, he never stops running - his mouth too; think he likes the sound of his voice, doesn't the guy realize that his 15 minutes are up. As for Obama, no surprise about his disdain for Israel, given his middle name is Hussein and it is likely he harbor's those anti-Jewish tendencies most of his life. Probably is a closet Muslim, and you can only see it, from his continuous apologizing to "those ones". 22 months and counting before he goes, and we are stuck with him and his fecklessness until then. His 15 minutes came and went along time ago.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2015, 02:50:56 AM »

Looks like someone is trying to get Sheldon Adelson's attention. Until Shellie picks his pony we can expect more pandering on who can out Isreal the pack.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2015, 11:04:54 AM »

Huckabee is saying Obama sees himself as the Other, and hence as sympathy for the Other in the Middle East. But this is  largely a projection of Huckabee's views of Obama as the Other onto Obama's view of himself. That is, Huckabee thinks Obama views himself, in the manner that Huckabee views Obama.

In reality, Obama's friction with Israel is more a product of his tendency to be very tapped into the dovish mood of certain Americans which is usually ignored in Washington. It's a product of the same tendency which resisted intervention in Syria, and so on.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2015, 11:26:04 AM »

People like him and other hawks like Graham, McCain, Bush,... are the reason why I cannot fully identify with the Republican Party. If the GOP wants to reach out to younger voters, he will be the wrong candidate (I woukl support Paul).

While I get where you're coming from, the ACTUAL way to change that is to be a part of the conversation/join the party.  The Democrats went from being a blatantly racist party to one that had a strong civil rights plank in the span of about 30 years in the mid-20th Century because people who were IN the party changed the discourse on the issue.  It didn't happen by people who agreed with their other policies sitting on the sideline because they couldn't stomach being a Democrat yet.

Being a part of a party means nothing more than you're adding one more set of views to a group of people who are called "Republicans" or "Democrats."  If you register as a Republican, there's one more non-hawk in the GOP than there was yesterday. 
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2015, 12:49:21 PM »

People like him and other hawks like Graham, McCain, Bush,... are the reason why I cannot fully identify with the Republican Party. If the GOP wants to reach out to younger voters, he will be the wrong candidate (I woukl support Paul).

While I get where you're coming from, the ACTUAL way to change that is to be a part of the conversation/join the party.  The Democrats went from being a blatantly racist party to one that had a strong civil rights plank in the span of about 30 years in the mid-20th Century because people who were IN the party changed the discourse on the issue.  It didn't happen by people who agreed with their other policies sitting on the sideline because they couldn't stomach being a Democrat yet.

Being a part of a party means nothing more than you're adding one more set of views to a group of people who are called "Republicans" or "Democrats."  If you register as a Republican, there's one more non-hawk in the GOP than there was yesterday. 

No. You have to defend everything they do or else you are fake. That is first rule of Atlas.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2015, 06:06:22 PM »

I swear, the Huckster must be a closet Democrat who's just trolling everyone.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies