Opinion of DeadFlagBlues
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:48:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of DeadFlagBlues
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: you know the drill
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 69

Author Topic: Opinion of DeadFlagBlues  (Read 3746 times)
traininthedistance
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 20, 2015, 12:35:32 PM »

Not sure he's ever gotten a poll.

FF of course.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 12:41:12 PM »

One of our best, duh.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 12:44:14 PM »

I have a favourable perception.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 12:47:34 PM »

His opinions on music seem good enough. FF.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2015, 12:47:49 PM »

Massive FF. Probably the poster who makes the most sense on social justice/political correctness-type issues.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2015, 01:24:49 PM »

Since my first impression upon reading his posts was blatantly anti-religious bigotry, and since then he's also added just about every negative part of the Atlas Left possible beyond the anti-religious streak and seemingly devoid of some of the more positive parts.

HP.

Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2015, 01:37:07 PM »

A massive Freedom Fighter.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2015, 01:48:25 PM »

I've always quite liked him.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2015, 04:04:32 PM »
« Edited: March 20, 2015, 04:06:06 PM by shua »

He's smart and a good writer. I still can't get over him calling me a vile racist because I as a white person believed the n-word had negative social impacts or because I cared one way or another or whatever the hell it was. Because of discrimination he's faced I guess he sees non-leftist whites as the race enemy and I can't take it too personally.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2015, 05:37:41 PM »

Very good poster. FF
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2015, 06:22:14 PM »

A very intelligent man, for sure. He seems to view everything as having some form of racial theme, which bothers me, as Shua noted.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2015, 09:07:47 PM »

Since my first impression upon reading his posts was blatantly anti-religious bigotry, and since then he's also added just about every negative part of the Atlas Left possible beyond the anti-religious streak and seemingly devoid of some of the more positive parts.

HP.

*Anti-Mormon bigotry

I'm a simpering feminist and a La Raza radical but you managed to hone in on my casual irreligion as a vice? Very weird, man. There are better reasons to dislike me.

By the way, I apologize for going a little overboard on race. Over the past ~2 years, I've invested a lot of my time reading historical and sociological explorations of race relations/backlash politics. As a result, I view a lot of political issues through the lens of race. Due to my background, my writing on this issue has a pretty sharp/biting tone that's more reflective of my emotions rather than my analysis or whatever. I could see how this would lead people to think I'm a white-bashing Maoist or whatever. In reality, I'm not far removed from the liberal consensus on race and immigration. I just tend to prioritize issues of race/ethnicity and have a different way of discussing them for obvious reasons.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2015, 09:48:17 PM »

His politics are all wrong, but he's a decent guy and has good intentions. FF. I always enjoy talking with him about drugs/labor unions on IRC.
Illuminati Blood Drinker
phwezer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.42, S: -7.30

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2015, 09:58:33 PM »

To all HP voters:

I have an EXPERIMENT for you all to conduct. WOOOOOO

Stop reading this and go get a pencil/pen.

Seriously, go do it.

Stop reading this.

STOP IT

STOP

STAAAAHP

OK now you've got the pencil. Or pen. Now go ahead and place it between the middle and ring fingers of your right hand (IT HAS TO BE ON THE RIGHT HAND OK JUST DO IT.) Now use your other hand to squeeze the aforementioned fingers around the pen(cil).

You might notice this REALLY HURTS and it's kinda like when your FOOT ITCHES except it's not an itch it's just PAIN and it's on your HAND. CONGRATULATIONS THIS IS YOUR PUNISHMENT FOR VOTING HP ON DEADFLAGBLUES.

Stolen from an episode of Zero Punctuation ORIGINAL JOKE, DO NOT STEAL
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2015, 11:45:20 PM »

I appreciate that he talks about race. I know it can be an unpleasant subject for white people to handle, though.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2015, 11:20:41 AM »

I appreciate that he talks about race. I know it can be an unpleasant subject for white people to handle, though.

Yes, mostly this.

dfb, I don't really think you talk about race too much.  If anything I think your commentary on race is pretty necessary given how much of an impact it has had on the politics of the country.  More to the point, I wouldn't necessarily think of it as a subject that you are forcing on anybody, but more of a reaction against a narrative that is being constantly shoved down a lot of peoples' throats about how immigrants and non-whites are a threat to white culture and that we need to reduce the number of people who are allowed into this country.  Most minorities do not choose to make it about race, society does. And you, as a Mexican American have every right to bring in your identity into the discussion and how it affects how you view things, because to say otherwise or pretend that it doesn't affect jack is just, well it's bullshit.
I mean I have very little non-white blood in me, but from my time researching the politics of the 19th century I can say that to pretend that what you look like doesn't affect the politics you subscribe to or (more accurately) how you react to the politics of the time is nonsense sold by naive (largely) middle-upper class white folk who have had no experience with prejudice.

So keep on brother, nobody is holding you back.

Epic FF.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2015, 11:43:50 AM »

HP.

*Anti-Mormon bigotry

I'm a simpering feminist and a La Raza radical but you managed to hone in on my casual irreligion as a vice? Very weird, man. There are better reasons to dislike me.

By the way, I apologize for going a little overboard on race. Over the past ~2 years, I've invested a lot of my time reading historical and sociological explorations of race relations/backlash politics. As a result, I view a lot of political issues through the lens of race. Due to my background, my writing on this issue has a pretty sharp/biting tone that's more reflective of my emotions rather than my analysis or whatever. I could see how this would lead people to think I'm a white-bashing Maoist or whatever. In reality, I'm not far removed from the liberal consensus on race and immigration. I just tend to prioritize issues of race/ethnicity and have a different way of discussing them for obvious reasons.

Well, I think LD Smith is a Mormon (correct me if I am wrong here), so he might have taken that jab a bit too personally.  I thought that one comment you made that one time (I am too lazy to look it up, forgive me) went a little bit into bigoted territory, but it isn't exactly like you were going out and advocating for all Mormon churches to be closed or some sh*t.  As you can tell from the previous post I made, I definitely do not judge you based off of that.

As for your second paragraph, yeah I am guilty of much the same thing when talking about politics up to the mid 20th century.  Unfortunately a lot of my writing is on historical matters (for obvious reasons) so a lot of people might get the impression that I am just another extremely bitter paddy who is upset that the Potato Famine wasn't front page news (for that I apologize as well, haha).  At the end of the day I can just say that a lot of my diatribes from an Irish American perspective of the 19th century is more of a critique of the supposed infallibility of capitalism and the "free market" to address the concerns of the working poor, both those of that era and that of today (and really how affluent liberals tend to ignore the economic lessons of the past).  Really at the end of the day a lot of ethnic/race based analyses end up coming to that same conclusion.  My biggest gripe is that a lot of people, even a lot of the red avatars on here who claim to be skeptical of economies of exploitation, do not really comprehend that a capitalistic economy, regardless of how much regulation there is (hell, left wingers like myself and TNF argue that capitalism cannot exist without The State) is by design a system that overwhelmingly favors the wealthy and privileged to the chagrin of the poor and non-privileged (ie, people who do not fit into the "mainstream").  Libertarians like to argue that without state intervention and barriers that prejudice against minorities would dissipate since a lot of business owners and such like to make money.  Of course problem with that kind of analysis is that it isn't the State that dictates how one views minorities, but it is society (like I stated in previous post).  Society in effect makes the laws (and so on and so forth).

That is just another way of looking at it, I suppose.

Just an additional nickel's worth here.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2015, 11:45:46 AM »

To all HP voters:

Seriously, go do it.

Stop reading this.

STOP IT

STOP

STAAAAHP

OK now you've got the pencil. Or pen. Now go ahead and place it between the middle and ring fingers of your right hand (IT HAS TO BE ON THE RIGHT HAND OK JUST DO IT.) Now use your other hand to squeeze the aforementioned fingers around the pen(cil).

You might notice this REALLY HURTS and it's kinda like when your FOOT ITCHES except it's not an itch it's just PAIN and it's on your HAND. CONGRATULATIONS THIS IS YOUR PUNISHMENT FOR VOTING HP ON DEADFLAGBLUES.

See I voted FF (normal) but this post was bad enough that I almost voted HP just because of the resulting negative association.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2015, 04:57:09 PM »

He's been one of the best people here for years.  I always make sure to read his posts when thread surfing.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2015, 05:22:34 PM »

FF for sure.
Oak Hills
United States

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2015, 02:55:59 PM »

One of my top ten favorite posters.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2015, 04:35:19 PM »

Huge FF. I always enjoy his posts and almost always find myself in agreement.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2015, 06:39:37 PM »

To all HP voters:

Seriously, go do it.

Stop reading this.

STOP IT

STOP

STAAAAHP

Also, if the exercise mentioned above actually gives you any pain then you have a promising career ahead of you as a huge pussy.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2015, 09:54:52 PM »

To all HP voters:

Seriously, go do it.

Stop reading this.

STOP IT

STOP

STAAAAHP

Also, if the exercise mentioned above actually gives you any pain then you have a promising career ahead of you as a huge pussy.

The only pain this gave me was having to read one of Phwezer's posts.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies