Looks like Bernie Sanders is running
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 04:42:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Looks like Bernie Sanders is running
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Looks like Bernie Sanders is running  (Read 3095 times)
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 20, 2015, 02:28:32 PM »

Politics1.com @Politics1com
P2016: Looks like Sen Bernie Sanders is running Pres. Check out redesigned, nat'l focus, office-non-specific site: https://berniesanders.com

Also
Politics1.com @Politics1com
P2016: Days after announcing he was filing Presidential exploratory committee ... Donald Trump has still not filed anything. No surprise.
retromike22
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 02:29:09 PM »

https://berniesanders.com/

There's a button asking me to "join the political revolution"

I can't remember all the words to The Internationale and my Marx is a bit rusty, but I do have a bunch of drab clothing.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 02:38:58 PM »

Great news!
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 02:39:26 PM »

Exciting. Hope he does well.
solarstorm
solarstorm2012
United States
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2015, 02:41:21 PM »

How is he as an independent actually allowed to run under the Democratic label?
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2015, 02:47:02 PM »

At least he's not a complete phony unlike some Democrats who try to run to as true leftists.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2015, 02:55:49 PM »

Lyndon LaRouche is a Democrat and not allowed to run under the Democratic label, so it can work the other way.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2015, 02:58:16 PM »

Whether or not he wins or even makes it out of Iowa he is going to provide a very, very important narrative to the 2016 Democratic field. 

Honestly... I think he'd be better off running as an Independent.  America is primed to embrace one. 
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2015, 02:59:59 PM »
« Edited: March 20, 2015, 03:01:58 PM by Monarch »

Whether or not he wins or even makes it out of Iowa he is going to provide a very, very important narrative to the 2016 Democratic field.  

Honestly... I think he'd be better off running as an Independent.  America is primed to embrace one.  

Unless you want the Republicans to win, you better want him to run as Democrat in the primary. He could easily give New Hampshire and Maine to the GOP.  Maybe lesser impact in swing states, but even a couple of percentage points would be costly.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2015, 03:07:58 PM »

Honestly... I think he'd be better off running as an Independent.  America is primed to embrace one. 

In which case, say hello to President Walker.
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2015, 03:22:15 PM »

I can't remember all the words to The Internationale and my Marx is a bit rusty, but I do have a bunch of drab clothing.

Seinfeld reference?
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2015, 03:56:48 PM »
« Edited: March 20, 2015, 03:59:08 PM by SteveRogers »

In much of the country there isn't actually such a thing as party registration/ membership.

Edit: In fact, there is no party registration in Vermont.
retromike22
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2015, 04:45:32 PM »

Seinfeld reference?

That wasn't my intention, but now I get the reference.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2015, 05:18:35 PM »

Sanders, 73, is considering running for the Democratic nomination for President, not as a third-party hopeful.

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20150317/NEWS0605/150319198#sthash.w5FC69VI.dpuf
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2015, 06:12:55 PM »

This is great. He has my vote no matter what he runs as.
Bakersfield Uber Alles
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2015, 06:14:46 PM »

This is great. He has my vote no matter what he runs as.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2015, 06:18:01 PM »

Sanders is an honorable man and would be an honorable President. Not my favorite politically, but I trust his judgement more than I do most of the other candidates.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2015, 06:29:41 PM »

IIRC he was allowed to run (and win) the Democratic senatorial nomination despite not being a member of the party. I realize rules may vary on national level so that's a good question.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2015, 08:00:43 PM »

Sanders, 73, is considering running for the Democratic nomination for President, not as a third-party hopeful.

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20150317/NEWS0605/150319198#sthash.w5FC69VI.dpuf

Great news! Sorry to the True Leftists who hoped he'd help install President Walker though.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2015, 08:07:04 PM »

Great news! Sorry to the True Leftists who hoped he'd help install President Walker though.

I don't think it's news.  It sounds like they're just repeating speculation, since everyone expects that he would run as a Democrat.  But they don't quote Sanders directly.  Sanders himself has never given any kind of firm commitment on whether he would run as a Democrat or an Indy.  Publicly, at least, he says he's open to both.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2015, 09:37:45 PM »

I don't think it's news.  It sounds like they're just repeating speculation, since everyone expects that he would run as a Democrat.  But they don't quote Sanders directly.  Sanders himself has never given any kind of firm commitment on whether he would run as a Democrat or an Indy.  Publicly, at least, he says he's open to both.

He stated in the article that there shouldn't be an uncontested primary, which obviously is an implication he'd be running as a Dem. He's also been visiting IA/NH, would be pointless if he was running as an indie.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2015, 09:42:34 PM »

He stated in the article that there shouldn't be an uncontested primary, which obviously is an implication he'd be running as a Dem. He's also been visiting IA/NH, would be pointless if he was running as an indie.

I know, and that's why everyone assumes that he's running for the Dem. nomination.  I expect that he'll run for the Dem. nomination.  I'm just pointing out that, whenever he's asked on the record whether he'd run as a Democrat or an Independent, he always says that he's undecided, and could go either way.  All of his actions to date suggest that he's running as a Dem., but just wanted to clarify that his "official" position is that he's undecided on that.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2015, 11:14:01 PM »

Now we have our own version of Ron Paul -along with his band of devoted followers and an entire movement to take over the Democratic Party apparatus, state by state. 
Bakersfield Uber Alles
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2015, 11:28:15 PM »

Now we have our own version of Ron Paul -along with his band of devoted followers and an entire movement to take over the Democratic Party apparatus, state by state. 
I'm not so sure that will be the case. I think that Democrats will be more enthusiastic for Clinton than the Republicans were for Romney in 2012.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2015, 11:31:19 PM »

I'm not so sure that will be the case. I think that Democrats will be more enthusiastic for Clinton than the Republicans were for Romney in 2012.

We'll see
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies