Opinion of MormDem
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:43:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of MormDem
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Opinion of MormDem
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 62

Author Topic: Opinion of MormDem  (Read 2521 times)
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2015, 07:38:13 PM »

Has a weird habit of spamming Previous Poster threads, but otherwise a good guy
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2015, 08:42:37 PM »

morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2015, 09:01:49 PM »

There's been a....certain kind of backlash against the more pedestrian posters from the IRC types. You always see those guys with a significant HP vote now. I'm not one of those guys, mainly because calling someone a HP is a big call for me.
Illuminati Blood Drinker
phwezer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.42, S: -7.30

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2015, 09:16:40 PM »

Snowstalker, lets be honest. There is nothing remotely interesting about you. You're a spoiled brat masquerading as a predictable arm chair revolutionary who is too afraid to even picket a Walmart. Grow the f[inks]k up already and come back to reality.

My theory of Atlas eunuchs preferring the thoroughly tedious posters is once again bolstered.
Well considering the amount of ass kissing TNF gets because he's ~so principled~ and ~intelligent~...
You? You, the True Leftist who called for the beheading of bankers and then went total READY 4 HILLARY, rival Snowstalker in terms of spewing out useless, pompous BS. Quit hating on TNF because he is the poster that you aren't, and never, ever, will be. Any questions?

Ha.

I wish. I wish I had Snowstalker's ghoulish RIP HITLER AND TOJO, NOBLE FIGHTERS AGAINST THE WESTERN MENACE attention whoring, or IceSpear's #READY4HILLARY peppiness. But I'm blase on Hillary (I'd honestly prefer Sanders or Warren), and I'm not really the kind of guy to seek out attention (would I be posting on this forum if I was? Tongue) No, at the end of the day I'm pretty much your doctrinaire progressive/social democrat. Which, is one of the worst places to be on the political spectrum.

Social democracy is, in my view, about helping the poor. You don't think SDs champion LBJ as an unsung hero because of Vietnam, do you? No, they champion him because he was probably the last President of the past fifty years who really tried to destroy poverty in America. Well, nowadays you've got a. Tea Party conservatives, who speak of the poor in ways not dissimilar to certain 20th century political figures, b. mainstream Republicans, who don't talk like Tea Party conservatives but do vote like them, and c. mainstream Democrats, who make comforting noises about the poor's plight but don't do anything because they're scared of losing votes. Nobody in the halls of power has the will or want to actually do anything. And that hurts like a motherer. There are other SDs outside the halls of power, of course, but there's really not much to do with them besides share in the misery every time Congress votes to cut welfare AGAIN or pass MORE deregulation.

I'm not going to claim every self-professed social democrat is some noble, tortured enlightened soul. There are plenty of arrogant shmucks who latch onto it, and other strains of leftist thought, as a means of sounding hip, cool, intellectual, and DEEP.jpg. And who knows, maybe deep down I am one of them. But I don't feel like it. I didn't write this thinking "When all the girls in my history class read this, they'll beat down my doors to bang for sure!" I don't support Sanders/Warren/et al thinking "LOL, when that square in the principal's office hears this, he'll hit the roof!" I don't write that LBJ was a good President thinking "Haha, f you Grandpa, I'll tell everyone how awesome the guy you probably burned in effigy was!" And I'll admit, if you don't buy that, you have every right to. This is probably my first effortpost in the almost year I came back, which is saying something.

I don't know. I really don't know. This was all rather rambly and disjointed. Concluding thoughts? True Leftism is BS, I'm BS for buying into it, I'm double BS for dropping it like a hot rock without so much as a word, and I'm triple BS for producing zero posts of effort after almost a YEAR of being back. (Seriously, you were right, it's pretty much been one-liners and emptyquotes worthy of a day-old newbie.)

God, if He exists, save America, and especially her poor.

And that's all I have to say about that. /forrestgump
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2015, 09:26:46 PM »

retaliating with a HP vote!

tbh there isn't anything particularly noteworthy about MormDem. I agree with him on most issues, I guess but where's the disagreement it's pretty deep and he's kind of...bland.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2015, 10:39:07 PM »

This I concur, truly so much so that a second poll had to be created to try an understand him, nevermind that retromike* just did this not that long ago.... But perhaps it is because he is not of this planet*

*A citizen once well respected, believed to have been discredited between his bid to become Moderator (a highly coveted position), and his visit to Lost Wages with which the citizens warned another man, Joe Republic to hide
**My sources have him originate from a place called Earth which I am told is the farthest thing from Atlas as possible. Or was it Kalab?

He has this tendency to prefer regulation and deal with things diplomatically, gets things as direct and up to date from the source as possible.

This puts him at odds with the five set narratives (which are Communism [a violent, hot-blooded citizenry that don't believe the rich can ever be reasoned with], SJW-ism [a quieter, but less self-aware and passive aggressive citizenry, but no one can doubt their intentions to please], Conservatism [a citizenry with little regard for anyone else's values but a great love for seeing everything work out for the best], Libertarianism [a citizenry that believe everyone to be for themselves], and the most hated of all by everyone Idontcaresockeryism)

These views and the misinterpretations often lead to the worst slur here of all, "Moderate Hero" though they all have often combined this slur with  terms I am told are just as common on the man's planet (these being racist, sexist, homophobe, bigot, misogynist)

***To be fair, they do exist, but none of my research leads me to believe he is one.

When he does not rile those groups, he has done other random things such as

- Prefer It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia only when his brain is off

- Vote for Kenya over Japan

- A preference for Batman as a soundtrack, but not the Hans Zimmer one [He tells me there was another one by a guy named Danny Elfman...but I think he just mashed two names together]

- Abstain from the participation in coffee drinking, or booze, or sex

- Start a thread in which one ranks the Presidents by oration [I tired to talk him out of this one

I'm sure there is more, but to try and understand him, so grotesque, sometimes vile...is simply too difficult for my mind to take...I need a break...that's all for today

~L.D. Smith

hahahaha ... Stage 5: Identity vs Role Confusion. I remember it well.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2015, 11:02:31 AM »

An interesting character.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies