Opinion of JerryArkansas
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:34:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of JerryArkansas
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: ?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 104

Author Topic: Opinion of JerryArkansas  (Read 6630 times)
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2017, 09:15:35 PM »

haha Smiley
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2017, 10:04:02 PM »

He's turned into a really obnoxious SJW over the years.  HP.
So shameful to see progressives throw around "Social Justice Warrior" like it's an insult. This stuff does actually matter to people. I'm sure folks from many quarters would see the person you've become and call you a sad freak. That's not okay, and the people who'd be on your side are the ones you deride as "SJWs." Disappointing.

I have a question for you, Hagrid; which person, broadly speaking, based off of the following traits, generally has a harder time living in the US?:
1) A muslim living in a major metropolitan area (say, NYC) making six figures
2) A straight white male making $25,000/yr in East Kentucky

What kind of stupid question is that? No one is arguing that it's #1.

I mean, I haven't seen either JerryArkansas or HagridOfTheDeep explicitly argue for that, but I'd be surprised if they believed otherwise.
I can vouch for Hagrid bashing Kentucky voters.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2017, 04:57:37 AM »

People like him basically turned Daily Kos into a cesspool IMO.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2017, 11:58:51 AM »

I'm not a fan, and I do not attribute this to his leftism. There are plenty of leftists on the forum who I respect and whose ideas I find intriguing. JerryArkansas OTOH mostly just makes angry, condescending, bigoted posts that have little content to them beyond being angry, condescending, and bigoted. I am not sure what his goal is in doing so, but they certainly aren't going to convince people to agree with him.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2017, 12:03:58 PM »

I'm not a fan, and I do not attribute this to his leftism. There are plenty of leftists on the forum who I respect and whose ideas I find intriguing. JerryArkansas OTOH mostly just makes angry, condescending, bigoted posts that have little content to them beyond being angry, condescending, and bigoted. I am not sure what his goal is in doing so, but they certainly aren't going to convince people to agree with him.

Check your white male privilege!
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2017, 12:26:42 PM »

Jerry's collapse into madness also means there are zero good posters from Arkansas. Sad!
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2017, 12:54:47 PM »

What has the world come to that Jerry Arkansas of all people is now acting like a complete asshat. Now tbf to him, he is a young gay man who is an enthusiastic Clinton supporter living in goddamn Arkansas. Those dynamics together don't sound like they'd make for very happy people. 
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: September 26, 2017, 01:35:41 PM »

While I agree with the content of the article thus far, I have to say how absolutely chickenshit Rep. DeLauro and her husband are. They saw the warning bells going off, and yet they stood by her anyway as she cheated Bernie and told the white working class to go 'eff itself.

The juicy insider gossip about Mook and his data system is cool though. Good read.
No one care about the bonner you have for the white working class, and your shared economic anxiety.
The people of Wisconsin care about my "Bonner."
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #58 on: September 26, 2017, 01:53:20 PM »

Guilty of the cardinal sin of insistently poor spelling.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2017, 02:25:29 PM »

JerryArkansas has become one of the nastiest and most ignorant posters on this site, and that is no small feat over the past several months.

His political views are not as inherently toxic as those of many others here, but anyone who defends his brand of aggressive belligerence has some things to learn about how people get along with one another.

Of course it has become fashionable to bash politeness in certain political circles - whether politeness is dismissed as a form of political correctness, or privilege, or bourgeois values, or whatever - but how many of you would want to invite someone who behaves like Jerry to a party?

It's as if we've forgotten the idea that it's possible to be both highly political, even radical, while also being charming and charismatic. Never mind any notions that we have things to learn from each other.

You can't build a functioning community without norms governing acceptable behavior that allow people to feel comfortable most of the time. Almost everyone gets cranky or loses their temper, but it's quite another thing for it to be a constant din. Particularly when that begins to mix with an illiberal enthusiasm for street brawling and political violence.

The most that we can hope is that bitter and vicious posters like Jerry, Hagrid, or Alice are only using this site for drunken venting and nothing more. Maybe they're all pleasant and tolerant people in their personal lives. God knows, no adult could function from day-to-day treating people as they do here.

One of the best posts I've ever seen on atlas. Thank you for posting this Smiley
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2017, 02:55:18 PM »

I find his tactic of calling literally everyone who disagrees with him racist/sexist annoying and stupid as hell, and he really exemplifies the worst of the Clinton hacks on this forum. And I'm a person of color.

It's not just him that does that
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2017, 03:04:44 PM »

JerryArkansas has become one of the nastiest and most ignorant posters on this site, and that is no small feat over the past several months.

His political views are not as inherently toxic as those of many others here, but anyone who defends his brand of aggressive belligerence has some things to learn about how people get along with one another.

Of course it has become fashionable to bash politeness in certain political circles - whether politeness is dismissed as a form of political correctness, or privilege, or bourgeois values, or whatever - but how many of you would want to invite someone who behaves like Jerry to a party?

It's as if we've forgotten the idea that it's possible to be both highly political, even radical, while also being charming and charismatic. Never mind any notions that we have things to learn from each other.

You can't build a functioning community without norms governing acceptable behavior that allow people to feel comfortable most of the time. Almost everyone gets cranky or loses their temper, but it's quite another thing for it to be a constant din. Particularly when that begins to mix with an illiberal enthusiasm for street brawling and political violence.

The most that we can hope is that bitter and vicious posters like Jerry, Hagrid, or Alice are only using this site for drunken venting and nothing more. Maybe they're all pleasant and tolerant people in their personal lives. God knows, no adult could function from day-to-day treating people as they do here.

This more or less sums up my thoughts. It's too bad since he was really pleasant at one time.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2017, 06:47:17 PM »

I agree with this largely, but I'd really like to think his temperament is largely an act and he is much more civil in real life. 
Fuzzy Stands With His Friend, Chairman Sanchez
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2017, 07:07:09 PM »

I saw the name "JerryArkkansas" and thought that JUST MAYBE he would be some kind of reasonable Democrat.

Guess not.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #64 on: September 26, 2017, 08:35:46 PM »
« Edited: September 26, 2017, 08:42:03 PM by JerryArkansas »

Let's go through this for a bit, because I found it pretty different from the sh**tting on me from the others in this thread. 

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Def see worse all around the forum that you don't seem to call out, but I will give you that one.  I should calm down a bit

Going through the other points though, I don't see how me doing what I do, but in a bit, less of an overarching manner is something that is wrong.  I know this forum, and the other has a bit of an old boys club vibe from them; but is that so deep that calling out a bigoted statement has to be discouraged because it will hurt the decorum of the said forum.  If so, that's a pretty sh**tty way of running things and leads to the overruling of the forums with the deplorable that you currently see destroying both places.

But in the end, I know you guys don't give a sh**t what I say, and the same can be said in return, so I'll go back using this forum for what I've used it for in the past few months; a nice venting place (because I'm the nicest person on earth in person), somewhere to get somewhat decent foreign election coverage (you guys really have zero quality on the other boards now), and place to put some maps for people that I make them for.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #65 on: September 26, 2017, 08:42:25 PM »

Let's go through this for a bit, because I found it pretty different from the sh**tting on me from the others in this thread. 

Def see worse all around the forum that you don't seem to call out, but I will give you that one.  I should calm down a bit

Going through the other points though, I don't see how me doing what I do, but in a bit, less of an overarching manner is something that is wrong.  I know this forum, and the other has a bit of an old boys club vibe from them; but is that so deep that calling out a bigoted statement has to be discouraged because it will hurt the decorum of the said forum.  If so, that's a pretty sh**tty way of running things and leads to the overruling of the forums with the deplorable that you currently see destroying both places.

How is this a "bigoted statement"?

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/8/16/1690288/-Court-strikes-down-Texas-GOP-s-congressional-gerrymander-but-Democratic-victory-is-limited

DKos estimates it'll be at most a net 1 for Democrats, but even that's no guaranteed. I really don't get why they emphasize that the new representative will most likely be Latino. No wonder the white working class hates the left: this is blatant identity politics.
Ah yes, the white working class hate that the minorities will have a chance to elect people of their own race.  Very progressive of them.

I mean slightly tone deaf, maybe, but bigoted? Your sweeping generalization is far more bigoted.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #66 on: September 26, 2017, 08:45:32 PM »
« Edited: September 26, 2017, 08:47:20 PM by JerryArkansas »

How is this a "bigoted statement"?

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/8/16/1690288/-Court-strikes-down-Texas-GOP-s-congressional-gerrymander-but-Democratic-victory-is-limited

DKos estimates it'll be at most a net 1 for Democrats, but even that's no guaranteed. I really don't get why they emphasize that the new representative will most likely be Latino. No wonder the white working class hates the left: this is blatant identity politics.
Ah yes, the white working class hate that the minorities will have a chance to elect people of their own race.  Very progressive of them.

I mean slightly tone deaf, maybe, but bigoted? Your sweeping generalization is far more bigoted.
Did I say that was bigoted?  Anywhere in the post did I say that?  Me expressing displeasure for the notion that electing more Latinos make the white working class hate democrats is so bad.

Also LOL at me being bigoted, OK sure.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #67 on: September 26, 2017, 08:49:28 PM »

What's the map in his sig?
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #68 on: September 26, 2017, 08:51:19 PM »

A map I was working on for a commission a Professor at my college gave me.  2016 by the congressional districts used in 2006.  Made like 20 Bucks on it so I was happy.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: September 27, 2017, 12:05:33 PM »
« Edited: September 27, 2017, 04:22:24 PM by ColonelSanchez »

A map I was working on for a commission a Professor at my college gave me.  2016 by the congressional districts used in 2006.  Made like 20 Bucks on it so I was happy.
See why can't you just be a nice cartographer like your neighbor to the south? He's more invested in politics than you and he doesn't call me "finksface" or what have you either.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #70 on: September 27, 2017, 11:31:13 PM »

Bitterness tends to come a lot more naturally when you're alienated from a society that doesn't care about you.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies