Dean on accountability
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:50:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Dean on accountability
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dean on accountability  (Read 723 times)
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 27, 2005, 07:11:55 AM »

With the recent resignation of "Senator" Chief of Staff Mike Naso it is time for someone who will keep promises. Two months ago Naso seduced this District and defeated a senator with much political knowledge. Now, after being abandoned by his most staunchest ally Keystone Phil, Mr. Naso did the right thing.

It is time that someone who does not skip 85% of Senate votes represents us, and I will make sure I participate in at the very least 90% of votes or resign.

It is time that we, the people of this nation, be able to remove our politicians from office through initiatives. As Senator, I will make every federal level official removable through petition.

It is time that we get more opportunities to contact our representatives. As Senator, I will create an open forum for my constituents.

I also pledge that if elected I will not seek reelection in June, since I will be away in July.

I invite my opponents, BRTD, MasterJedi and Mr. Hobbes to present their views to our district.

Thank you!
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2005, 05:07:21 PM »

I also pledge that if elected I will not seek reelection in June, since I will be away in July.

Keep in mind that when this becomes the Mideast Senate Seat in June, BRTD and Mr. Hobbes (being in the Midwest state of Minnesota) will not be able to run for re-election if elected.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2005, 05:10:38 PM »

Keep in mind that when this becomes the Mideast Senate Seat in June, BRTD and Mr. Hobbes (being in the Midwest state of Minnesota) will not be able to run for re-election if elected.

Then I'd like to know why you're getting Mr. Hobbes to run in the first place?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2005, 05:14:22 PM »

3/5 seats were unopposed in the last election, we need 4 candidates to make up for our loss.

That doesn't seem like a good answer to me. If I'm elected and do good I'd want to stay on for at least one more term and I wouldn't run for a seat if in two months I couldn't run for it again!
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2005, 06:01:49 PM »

3/5 seats were unopposed in the last election, we need 4 candidates to make up for our loss.

That doesn't seem like a good answer to me. If I'm elected and do good I'd want to stay on for at least one more term and I wouldn't run for a seat if in two months I couldn't run for it again!

In June, you (or anyone who won this seat who's presently running) would be running against the incumbent DanielX from the ACA (unless you or him switch regions) in the Midwest Regional seat.

As for Mr. Hobbes running for Senate, he has chosen to run his campaign as an independent candidate, away from the Union party label. 

I did not force him to run, King did not force him to run either; I only expressed hope that he would, considering at the time only NixonNow and BRTD were running for the seat.

While I feel obliged to give him the endorsement, since he a Union party member in good standing, I will not do any active campaigning for him.

That's all, Masterjedi.  I wish both you and Dean luck in your campaign.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2005, 07:16:37 PM »

In June, you (or anyone who won this seat who's presently running) would be running against the incumbent DanielX from the ACA (unless you or him switch regions) in the Midwest Regional seat.

As for Mr. Hobbes running for Senate, he has chosen to run his campaign as an independent candidate, away from the Union party label. 

I did not force him to run, King did not force him to run either; I only expressed hope that he would, considering at the time only NixonNow and BRTD were running for the seat.

While I feel obliged to give him the endorsement, since he a Union party member in good standing, I will not do any active campaigning for him.

That's all, Masterjedi.  I wish both you and Dean luck in your campaign.

Wasn't attacking, just stating my opinion.

And no I wouldn't be running against DanielX, he's in Wyoming (District 5) I'd be in the new District 2!
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2005, 07:24:32 PM »

For the record, Wisconsin is a Mideast State.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2005, 07:35:16 PM »
« Edited: April 27, 2005, 07:36:59 PM by King »

And no I wouldn't be running against DanielX, he's in Wyoming (District 5) I'd be in the new District 2!

Actually you wouldn't:  Starting in June, the Class A seats (Presidential Elections) become regional seats (NE, SE, ME, MW, PAC) instead of district seats (1, 2, 3, 4, 5).
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2005, 07:46:00 PM »

Actually you wouldn't:  Starting in June, the Class A seats (Presidential Elections) become regional seats (NE, SE, ME, MW, PAC) instead of district seats (1, 2, 3, 4, 5).

New constitution section slipped my mind. If I won I'd run for re-election in the Mideast so I wouldn't run against an incumbent.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2005, 09:38:33 PM »

For the record, Wisconsin is a Mideast State.

You're right, Peter.  My apologies. 

If Masterjedi wins, he won't be facing another incumbent, the other three would, however.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies