Opinion of the Cabrini-Green Housing Projects? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:27:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of the Cabrini-Green Housing Projects? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
FP

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 40

Author Topic: Opinion of the Cabrini-Green Housing Projects?  (Read 4443 times)
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« on: March 22, 2015, 12:07:38 AM »

This is an insult to all of the people that were forced to live in Cabrini's conditions.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 12:55:44 PM »

Having to sleep in such a place can be tolerable as long as you can still get to the cool parts of Chicago (and if it's that close to the Greyhound station, where I've been, it's VERY cool), you could just spend all day away from home. In a suburb you can't be in the cool parts of Chicago all the time.

You really don't realize how crime-ridden these projects were and the constant fear that tenants lived in.

Btw I grew up in the Chicago suburbs and I could indeed be in the city every day, all the time if I wanted to and had the time. We have trains here.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 12:07:57 AM »

Growing up in Lake County, I could take a train to the Loop in under an hour (to get to Uptown I'd get off Metra at a Northside stop and then hop on the L).

Surely a fair price to pay considering you still have access to the amenities but do not have to live at Cabrini Green.

And you again insult the former residents by comparing it to Des Moines. You really do not understand the history behind these projects, or you are just that insensitive to downplay the conditions for the opportunity to jab at the suburbs?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies