Opinion of the Cabrini-Green Housing Projects? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:00:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of the Cabrini-Green Housing Projects? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
FP

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 40

Author Topic: Opinion of the Cabrini-Green Housing Projects?  (Read 4444 times)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: March 31, 2015, 09:27:25 AM »
« edited: March 31, 2015, 09:31:51 AM by HockeyDude »

Red I spent about 6 months living in Lake County and we could ride the Metra to Chicago in an hour.  The "suburbs" in Cook County where you could ride the Metra for $2 into downtown in 15 mins are no where close to what I think your idea of a suburb is.  I had a friend whose house was in Tinley Park and we would often spend the weekends there, and his area was absolutely indistinguishable from the outskirts of a city proper.  Are you saying you would rather live in a hellhole project where you have a decent chance of getting robbed and assaulted daily than this place?  

Could you briefly define for me what you consider to be a "suburb"?  Is it simply ANY area outside the official city lines?  I've always lived in the suburbs and while they largely suck they are not all created equal.  

EDIT: Hell man, I grew up visiting my dad in Conshohocken, PA every other weekend and it's barely any different than Northeast and South Philly, despite the moniker of "Philly burbs".  It even votes about 65-70% Democratic.  There are a couple of housing developments but it's not like you have to go there and they are quite out of the way.  

Here's an aerial view of downtown

What's so awful? 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies