Opinion of the Cabrini-Green Housing Projects? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:01:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of the Cabrini-Green Housing Projects? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
FP

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 40

Author Topic: Opinion of the Cabrini-Green Housing Projects?  (Read 4445 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: March 24, 2015, 03:44:25 PM »

You're not being cute, BRTD. Cut it out. This is akin to arguing that you'd cheerfully sign up for fighting in the trenches on the Western Front for the chance to see the beautiful French countryside.

My attitude on this needs to be understood in context. I grew up in North Dakota and wanted to get out and move to a big city...but many people around were talking about how horrifying that is because all big cities are universally terrible places and you'd never survive and if you want to move to a bigger metro at least go to a suburb. So I vowed to never live in a suburb.

Because it's wise to go the rest of your life guided by an "F#ck you, Dad!" mentality developed during your adolescence. After all, if there's one thing we know, it's that you never need to mature beyond your freshman year of high school.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 01:38:57 AM »

Cabrini-Green, that name sounds like a great prefab subtropical resort.  How exciting!

There's a Catholic school in Southeastern Michigan named Cabrini (after a bishop, I think), so that's what pops into my head whenever I read this thread name.

Good example of the generally disastrous nature of public housing projects and urban "renewal" which probably was the biggest mistake of midcentury liberalism.

You sure? There were a lot of 'em.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies