Hillary Clinton Retains Strong Appeal to American Women
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:53:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Hillary Clinton Retains Strong Appeal to American Women
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Hillary Clinton Retains Strong Appeal to American Women  (Read 3187 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 22, 2015, 05:21:55 AM »

http://www.gallup.com/poll/182081/hillary-clinton-retains-strong-appeal-american-women.aspx?utm_source=Politics&utm_medium=newsfeed&utm_campaign=tiles

But clearly she'll lose the nomination because some white men on the internet and in the media hate her!
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 05:54:33 AM »

Her overall fav/unfav % in this poll is 50/39%:

The breakdown among men is:

Podgy the Bear
mollybecky

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 02:15:57 PM »

This really becomes the big reason why she will be a formidable candidate next year.

Interesting to see that on the net favorable list, Ben Carson is in second place.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 03:45:18 PM »

In a better world, she'd lose because IceSpear forgot to vote.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2015, 05:44:15 PM »

According to the latest CNN poll, 64% of American women would be proud to have Hillary as president. And yet "progressive" men like X would rather have Ted Cruz as president than her.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2015, 05:54:07 PM »

I seriously thought this was going to be some satire, maybe one of those excellent "If It Happened There" pieces in Slate.

I mean, really. Of course she does. This should not be a surprise to anyone.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2015, 06:07:09 PM »

I seriously thought this was going to be some satire, maybe one of those excellent "If It Happened There" pieces in Slate.

It certainly is a surprise to the white male pundits, white male columnists, white male news anchors, white male talk show hosts, and white male internet commentators that assume everyone hates Hillary because they do.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2015, 09:03:48 PM »

It certainly is a surprise to the white male pundits, white male columnists, white male news anchors, white male talk show hosts, and white male internet commentators that assume everyone hates Hillary because they do.

But are white males the only group of people who feel this way about Hillary?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2015, 09:05:55 PM »

Yes. Even our True Leftists who oppose her on this site are entirely white males.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2015, 09:47:17 PM »

Yes. Even our True Leftists who oppose her on this site are entirely white males.

In that case, white males are just about the only people who support Hillary as well.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2015, 09:49:53 PM »

According to the latest CNN poll, 64% of American women would be proud to have Hillary as president. And yet "progressive" men like X would rather have Ted Cruz as president than her.

Are you deliberately lying about what I said or do you just lack basic reading comprehension skills?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2015, 10:07:44 PM »

No, of course not. Plenty of women and minorities dislike Hillary too. But the vast majority of them like her. The fact that said groups of white men continue to talk about Hillary as if she's super unpopular and Democrats are desperate for an alternative seems to be harkening back to the days when only white men could vote. Let's just ignore the fact that women and minorities like Hillary and pretend they don't exist! Roll Eyes

Let me put this a different way: women will make up 55-60% of the Democratic primary electorate. Do the white male pundits seriously think, after all the enthusiasm about the first female president, that female Dems are going to run into the arms of dull as dishwater Martin O'Malley or Ronald Reagan's cabinet member Jim "Women Can't Fight" Webb? Particularly after the near miss in 2008, screwing over the women in the party who are enthusiastic for Hillary yet again would be equivalent to the party signing its own death warrant in 2016. There's a reason that Warren is the only person who could've possibly defeated Hillary, and it's not just because of her following or ability to raise money. It's also because she was the only one who could neutralize the gender factor.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2015, 06:32:38 AM »

No, of course not. Plenty of women and minorities dislike Hillary too. But the vast majority of them like her. The fact that said groups of white men continue to talk about Hillary as if she's super unpopular and Democrats are desperate for an alternative seems to be harkening back to the days when only white men could vote. Let's just ignore the fact that women and minorities like Hillary and pretend they don't exist! Roll Eyes

Let me put this a different way: women will make up 55-60% of the Democratic primary electorate. Do the white male pundits seriously think, after all the enthusiasm about the first female president, that female Dems are going to run into the arms of dull as dishwater Martin O'Malley or Ronald Reagan's cabinet member Jim "Women Can't Fight" Webb? Particularly after the near miss in 2008, screwing over the women in the party who are enthusiastic for Hillary yet again would be equivalent to the party signing its own death warrant in 2016. There's a reason that Warren is the only person who could've possibly defeated Hillary, and it's not just because of her following or ability to raise money. It's also because she was the only one who could neutralize the gender factor.

Right, everyone who doesn't worship last the alter of Hillary is an evil sexist pig.  That's why most of us want Elizabeth Warren instead of Hillary Roll Eyes
RR1997
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2015, 08:06:21 AM »

This is not surprising at all.

[/thread]
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2015, 08:29:43 AM »

Are you deliberately lying about what I said or do you just lack basic reading comprehension skills?

It's obvious you would rather support Adolf Hitler than Adolf Hillary. Admit it!
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2015, 08:42:56 AM »

Possibly your most deranged post yet.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2015, 02:49:58 PM »

Right, everyone who doesn't worship last the alter of Hillary is an evil sexist pig.  That's why most of us want Elizabeth Warren instead of Hillary Roll Eyes

I never said anything remotely similar to that, so it seems you completely missed the point. My point is the white males (particularly in the media) continue to act as if they speak for the majority when they pontificate about "Democratic dislike of Hillary" when in reality they're in the deep minority.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2015, 03:05:59 PM »

Possibly your most deranged post yet.

Please feel free to elaborate on why you feel that way. But if we're going to talk about deranged, how many posts have you made suggesting Jim Webb has a strong chance at winning the Democratic nomination? As we say, those in glass houses...
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2015, 01:25:23 AM »

Wait, you're getting upset at me for this characterization, when earlier, in response to this, you lol'ed?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

It't not outside the bounds of intelligent reading to take from two effortposts arguing that a Cruz presidency would have no negative ramifications for your preferred policies, but positive ramifications for your party, and stating that you would personally be amused by it, that you would prefer that outcome to the alternative. So, if it came down to Hillary vs. Cruz, which would you prefer to win? And if Hillary, why?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2015, 07:14:28 AM »

Wait, you're getting upset at me for this characterization, when earlier, in response to this, you lol'ed?

It't not outside the bounds of intelligent reading to take from two effortposts arguing that a Cruz presidency would have no negative ramifications for your preferred policies, but positive ramifications for your party, and stating that you would personally be amused by it, that you would prefer that outcome to the alternative. So, if it came down to Hillary vs. Cruz, which would you prefer to win? And if Hillary, why?

I challenge you to find a single post in my entire time on this forum where I said Ted Cruz was preferable to Hillary.  Find one single solitary post.  Hint: No such post exists because I'd never say that.

Casting a write-in is different than voting Republican.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2015, 02:52:39 PM »

I challenge you to find a single post in my entire time on this forum where I said Ted Cruz was preferable to Hillary.  Find one single solitary post.  Hint: No such post exists because I'd never say that.

I think Beet's point was: If electing Ted Cruz would be a positive experience for the country and the Democratic Party overall, then why not support him?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2015, 03:51:25 PM »

I think Beet's point was: If electing Ted Cruz would be a positive experience for the country and the Democratic Party overall, then why not support him?

Perhaps you can take a short break from playing the boy who cried sexism to find one post where I said that electing Ted Cruz would be a positive experience for the country.  Screw that, find a post where I even implied it.  Oh right, you can't because I've never done either of those things.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2015, 04:14:30 PM »

Perhaps you can take a short break from playing the boy who cried sexism to find one post where I said that electing Ted Cruz would be a positive experience for the country.  Screw that, find a post where I even implied it.  Oh right, you can't because I've never done either of those things.

Your initial post in the other thread listed several benefits (Democratic Party might learn a lesson and get a "good nominee" in 2020, and Cruz would destroy the GOP.)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2015, 04:25:49 PM »

Your initial post in the other thread listed several benefits (Democratic Party might learn a lesson and get a "good nominee" in 2020, and Cruz would destroy the GOP.)

Sure, but it's pretty obvious he'd still be horrible for the country in the mean time and that is ultimately more important.  Voting write-in =/= voting for Cruz.  If Cruz and Hillary were the only options on the ballot, I'd vote for Hillary in a heartbeat, but they are not the only two choices.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2015, 06:20:58 PM »

Not really. At least if you live in a swing state.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies