Hillary Clinton Retains Strong Appeal to American Women
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:49:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Hillary Clinton Retains Strong Appeal to American Women
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Hillary Clinton Retains Strong Appeal to American Women  (Read 3200 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2015, 06:23:43 PM »

KILL THIS WITH FIRE
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2015, 06:58:07 PM »

Casting a write-in is different than voting Republican.

Not really. At least if you live in a swing state.

I disagree.
Oak Hills
United States

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2015, 01:51:34 PM »

Casting a write-in is different than voting Republican.

Not really. At least if you live in a swing state.

Only if you would also consider not voting voting for a Republican.  Which is absolutely ridiculous.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2015, 03:18:32 PM »

i.e. "Why are white men holding America back?"
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2015, 06:35:07 PM »

There's no sin in voting third party, especially if one lives in a non-important jurisdiction. It's not equivalent of voting for the Republican/Democrat, etc. etc.

The only difference in opinion for people who say that is, what they really mean is that a vote is not an endorsement of the person you are voting for, but rather an expression of a preference for B instead of A. So if I vote for B, it doesn't necessarily mean that B offers me anything I consider worthwhile, only that I think the scenario of B winning would be better than A winning. Voting for C is me choosing not to contribute to the decision of the question, and I do lose my right to complain. But it's not the same as voting A either.
Oak Hills
United States

« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2015, 10:47:00 AM »

There's no sin in voting third party, especially if one lives in a non-important jurisdiction. It's not equivalent of voting for the Republican/Democrat, etc. etc.

The only difference in opinion for people who say that is, what they really mean is that a vote is not an endorsement of the person you are voting for, but rather an expression of a preference for B instead of A. So if I vote for B, it doesn't necessarily mean that B offers me anything I consider worthwhile, only that I think the scenario of B winning would be better than A winning. Voting for C is me choosing not to contribute to the decision of the question, and I do lose my right to complain. But it's not the same as voting A either.

Exactly.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2015, 12:30:23 PM »

I reject the premise that the choice is only between A and B.  The only people who have no right to complain are a the ones who simply don't vote at all.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2015, 01:02:00 PM »

I reject the premise that the choice is only between A and B.  The only people who have no right to complain are a the ones who simply don't vote at all.

Unless you are actively campaigning for Choice C or Choice C has a legitimate shot, you might as well not vote at all than support Choice C. You're basically voting Present.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2015, 02:35:06 PM »

I reject the premise that the choice is only between A and B.  The only people who have no right to complain are a the ones who simply don't vote at all.

Unless you are actively campaigning for Choice C or Choice C has a legitimate shot, you might as well not vote at all than support Choice C. You're basically voting Present.

No, you're really not.  That's a common tactic used by members of both parties to try to delegitimize any desire by others in their party to register their dissatisfaction with their party's nominee.  You're sending the message that your party isn't entitled to your vote and that if they want it, then they need to nominate someone you consider worth voting for.  There's nothing wrong with casting a protest vote, despite all the propaganda the Democratic and Republican parties put out there in a largely successful effort to discourage voters from ever doing so.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2015, 03:12:42 PM »

No, you're really not.  That's a common tactic used by members of both parties to try to delegitimize any desire by others in their party to register their dissatisfaction with their party's nominee.

But it doesn't delegitimize the registration of dissatisfaction to point out that the typical election is between a Republican and a Democrat and a third party has no shot.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

It doesn't matter what message you think you're "sending." You're not actually sending any message by voting for C other than that you voted for C, because no one knows anything else about you.
bobloblaw
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2015, 04:06:11 PM »

The difference between Obama and blacks versus Hillary and women is that Hillary will never get 95-97% of the female vote. There will be numerous female spokespeople after Hillary is elected that will attack Pres Clinton on all sorts of issues in a way that never happen with Obama and blacks.

Women will also have less loyalty to Hillary than blacks do to Obama. Hillary can try the Obama tactic that any opposition is sexist, but it will fall flat and fail, just like everything Hillary does.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies