"Shoot the Gays" Measure May Make Ballot in California (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:49:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  "Shoot the Gays" Measure May Make Ballot in California (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Shoot the Gays" Measure May Make Ballot in California  (Read 5416 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: March 22, 2015, 09:30:43 AM »

I hope it does. It won't even get 10% but analyzing where it does best would be fun. Plus it would make the right wing look even more extreme and marginalized in California.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 12:57:19 PM »

Those who proposed or sign this measure should be found guilty of hate crimes.
Thankfully, signatures are made public.

Uh, that'd be unconstitutional.

Also probably a majority of people signing it would be because they want it on the ballot for the same reason as me, or are just trolling, or just are the types who hold to sign all measures for ballot access on principle.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 01:22:12 PM »
« Edited: March 22, 2015, 01:25:29 PM by I left my heart in the back of the cab »

Come to think of it, it might break 10%. This is the lowest I've ever seen a referendum get and even it barely broke 10%. Though it would be interesting to see if this got less.

And you can bring up a couple examples of the type of people who'd unironically support this, but it's clear they're an extreme fringe majority. I still bet that a majority of people who'd sign this would do so only for amusement. The same thing that was clearly happening with this poll.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 06:13:10 PM »

Come to think of it, it might break 10%. This is the lowest I've ever seen a referendum get and even it barely broke 10%. Though it would be interesting to see if this got less.

And you can bring up a couple examples of the type of people who'd unironically support this, but it's clear they're an extreme fringe majority. I still bet that a majority of people who'd sign this would do so only for amusement. The same thing that was clearly happening with this poll.
How'd that one do so well (relatively) in Shannon County?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pine_Ridge_Indian_Reservation

While this was clearly a right-wing militia/sovereign citizen backed measure, it's not too hard to see why it would be appealing to such a neglected and disenfranchised people.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies