"Shoot the Gays" Measure May Make Ballot in California (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:28:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  "Shoot the Gays" Measure May Make Ballot in California (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Shoot the Gays" Measure May Make Ballot in California  (Read 5402 times)
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: March 22, 2015, 01:06:36 PM »

Those who proposed or sign this measure should be found guilty of hate crimes.
Thankfully, signatures are made public.

Uh, that'd be unconstitutional.

Also probably a majority of people signing it would be because they want it on the ballot for the same reason as me, or are just trolling, or just are the types who hold to sign all measures for ballot access on principle.

There are more pastors like this than you think, IMO.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w83kIAfuKoE
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 04:51:45 PM »

CA Republicans are the most right-wing in the country, so of course they'd do something extreme, but this is just terrible. I doubt a Homocaust will get any votes outside of extremists.

Also, this makes me question what CA would be like if the parties were nearly the same like in Rhode Island.

They are?

Texas and perhaps Oklahoma are somewhat close, but many Republicans in CA either live in a bubble (in the south) or live in such close proximity to the most actively liberal region of the country so take the full-on opposite approach (in the north). The former is likely a bigger explanation as to why but I can't say for sure. The north is probably where some moderation from the party comes in.

States like Colorado (Colorado Springs) and some of the south have likely have further right Republicans, but the median Republican is a more accurate representation so I think CA and TX can safely be called the two most right wing.

I have a hard time believing the average Mississippi/Alabama Republican is more liberal than the average California Republican.  I mean, 65% of Mississippians said in a 2000 poll (I think?) that AIDS was a punishment from God, so that would've meant 80%+ of GOPers.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 11:33:23 AM »

I have a hard time believing the average Mississippi/Alabama Republican is more liberal than the average California Republican.  I mean, 65% of Mississippians said in a 2000 poll (I think?) that AIDS was a punishment from God, so that would've meant 80%+ of GOPers.

Your reasoning is faulty. You assume that black Mississippi Democrats are more liberal than white Mississippi Republicans. But they're not.
They all live in the Bible Belt and thus they are in no way inferior to each other.

Black Mississippi Dems are definitely more liberal than the Republicans. 

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=173718.0

They overwhelmingly rejected the Personhood Amendment, for instance.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies