"Shoot the Gays" Measure May Make Ballot in California (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:44:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  "Shoot the Gays" Measure May Make Ballot in California (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Shoot the Gays" Measure May Make Ballot in California  (Read 5397 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« on: March 22, 2015, 02:33:13 PM »

Come to think of it, it might break 10%. This is the lowest I've ever seen a referendum get and even it barely broke 10%. Though it would be interesting to see if this got less.

And you can bring up a couple examples of the type of people who'd unironically support this, but it's clear they're an extreme fringe majority. I still bet that a majority of people who'd sign this would do so only for amusement. The same thing that was clearly happening with this poll.
How'd that one do so well (relatively) in Shannon County?

I bet with this one they'll signatures saying something like "sign this to protect the children" from people who don't question it any further.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 10:19:27 PM »

Come to think of it, it might break 10%. This is the lowest I've ever seen a referendum get and even it barely broke 10%. Though it would be interesting to see if this got less.

And you can bring up a couple examples of the type of people who'd unironically support this, but it's clear they're an extreme fringe majority. I still bet that a majority of people who'd sign this would do so only for amusement. The same thing that was clearly happening with this poll.
How'd that one do so well (relatively) in Shannon County?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pine_Ridge_Indian_Reservation

While this was clearly a right-wing militia/sovereign citizen backed measure, it's not too hard to see why it would be appealing to such a neglected and disenfranchised people.

I don't know the background behind this but I don't see why this would be especially attractive to any of the groups you mention. Reads just like something cooked up by an overzealous opponent of corruption.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies