Texas Attorney General wants to prevent gay workers from caring for sick spouses
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:41:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Texas Attorney General wants to prevent gay workers from caring for sick spouses
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Texas Attorney General wants to prevent gay workers from caring for sick spouses  (Read 1637 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 22, 2015, 11:40:20 AM »

http://www.towleroad.com/2015/03/texas-heartless-prick-attorney-general-wants-to-prevent-gay-workers-from-caring-for-sick-spouses.html#at_pco=cfd-1.0&at_ab=-&at_pos=0&at_tot=10&at_si=550eeef8e6e1bef5

It's worth noting that Texas may actually now hold a record for the number of anti-LGBT bills lodged in any state legislature session with 20 anti-gay bills at last count filed before the deadline. There are also a number of legal challenges, the most odious is below:

'Republican Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton doesn't want gay employees to be able to take time off from work to care for their ailing spouses.

Paxton, a tea partier, filed a lawsuit Wednesday against the Obama administration over a new rule extending the Family & Medical Leave Act to same-sex couples who live in states that don't recognize their marriages.

Paxton is also advising state agencies — which employ 310,000 people — not to follow the new FMLA rule.

“This lawsuit is about defending the sovereignty of our state, and we will continue to protect Texas from the unlawful overreach of the federal government," Paxton said in a statement. "The newly revised definition of ‘spouse’ under the FMLA is in direct violation of state and federal laws and U.S. Constitution. Texans have clearly defined the institution of marriage in our state, and attempts by the Obama Administration to disregard the will of our citizens through the use of new federal rules is unconstitutional and an affront to the foundations of federalism.”'
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 01:29:01 PM »

Ugh...

Because he is a fellow Baylor alumnus, I actually have access to his mailing address and contact info and it makes me really want to just find someone in China who can sell me a bulk order of dildos that I can then mail to him on a daily basis to totally f#$% with his mind until I run out.

He comes home from work? Dildo in a FedEx box on the front porch. He comes into the office in the morning? "Mr. Paxton, there is a package for you." Dildo. He's walking out to his car at the end of the day? Dildo on the hood of the car.

Eventually Ken Paxton will be found naked, crouched behind some bushes in his neighborhood, muttering, "Dildos...dildos...dildos everywhere!" to himself. The authorities will get involved. Mr. Paxton will quietly resign for personal reasons. His traditional, heterosexual Christian marriage will disintegrate. His children will be ashamed of him.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 04:29:50 PM »

Now there's "small government"! Or maybe it's "states' rights"? Ah, whatever suits.

It's sad that this is how these people are choosing to lash out: Relegating themselves to simple, open bigotry in response to a societal and legal shift on homosexuality and SSM. 
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 05:17:46 PM »

Ugh...

Because he is a fellow Baylor alumnus, I actually have access to his mailing address and contact info and it makes me really want to just find someone in China who can sell me a bulk order of dildos that I can then mail to him on a daily basis to totally f#$% with his mind until I run out.

He comes home from work? Dildo in a FedEx box on the front porch. He comes into the office in the morning? "Mr. Paxton, there is a package for you." Dildo. He's walking out to his car at the end of the day? Dildo on the hood of the car.

Eventually Ken Paxton will be found naked, crouched behind some bushes in his neighborhood, muttering, "Dildos...dildos...dildos everywhere!" to himself. The authorities will get involved. Mr. Paxton will quietly resign for personal reasons. His traditional, heterosexual Christian marriage will disintegrate. His children will be ashamed of him.

This is so f[inks]ing weird...
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2015, 06:55:06 PM »

Why has it taken so long for someone to nuke this trash state

smdh
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2015, 10:38:15 PM »

Ugh...

Endorsed.
Murica!
whyshouldigiveyoumyname?
Angola

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -10.00

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2015, 10:42:22 PM »

Ugh...

Due it.
stegosaurus
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 1.83

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2015, 10:54:41 PM »

Sometimes I wonder why I live here.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2015, 08:20:50 AM »

I must admit I supported Paxton. I never realized how stupid he is.

You supported a far-right Republican and got a far-right Republican. How does it require a "realization" to know that he would be an idiot?
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2015, 09:15:47 AM »

SSM isn't legal in Texas, so why are they even bothering?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies