Who would you rather have as president?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:29:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Who would you rather have as president?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Who?
Hillary Clinton

Ted Cruz

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 93

Author Topic: Who would you rather have as president?  (Read 3384 times)
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2015, 05:57:06 PM »

Doesn't matter, as both would be puppets of the capitalist class.
Anyway, it will be quite interesting to see whether there ends up being more Republican crossover for Hillary or True Left crossover for Cruz.

You're delusional. Please stop.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2015, 06:14:36 PM »

Anyway, it will be quite interesting to see whether there ends up being more Republican crossover for Hillary or True Left crossover for Cruz.

Roll Eyes

Do I seriously need to dig through the archives and find multiple examples of left wing posters suggesting Democrats are better off losing in 2016 if they nominate Hillary? Or would you prefer to admit you're wrong now and save us both some time?
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2015, 11:40:44 PM »

Roll Eyes

Do I seriously need to dig through the archives and find multiple examples of left wing posters suggesting Democrats are better off losing in 2016 if they nominate Hillary? Or would you prefer to admit you're wrong now and save us both some time?

Moderate Republican cross-over away from Cruz would be a g pandemic if he were nominated, no doubt.

The number of leftists that would actually go cast a vote for Ted Cruz would be like 6.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2015, 11:56:50 PM »

Ted Cruz is preferable of the two.

I would agree, though I don't particularly care for either one.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2015, 02:46:51 AM »

Roll Eyes

Moderate Republican cross-over away from Cruz would be a g pandemic if he were nominated, no doubt.

The number of leftists that would actually go cast a vote for Ted Cruz would be like 6.

Of course. But I was referring to the forum/this poll, not the real world.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2015, 12:27:11 PM »

Roll Eyes

You actually think that liberals on this forum would genuinely prefer Ted Cruz to Hillary Clinton as President
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2015, 12:35:29 PM »

IceSpear, I like you, but you have got to get over your obsession with the True Left.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2015, 02:42:51 PM »

IceSpear is starting to lose his grip on reality.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2015, 04:44:35 PM »

Roll Eyes

You actually think that liberals on this forum would genuinely prefer Ted Cruz to Hillary Clinton as President

Are you being deliberately obtuse? I never said that, nor did I say the majority did. But some have certainly said so. Here's some examples:

Thread: "Would it be better for the left if Hillary lost?"

Seriously, if we had four years of a President Walker with the GOP potentially in control of both houses of congress maybe you'd actually get a more robust Democratic primary field in 2016 and a more genuine clash of ideas between the DLC and the more progressive wing of the party.

When Bush was president liberals actually gave a sh**t about things like civil liberties. Now I wonder if they would have been okay with waterboarding if it had been done under Obama, given there acquiescence to drone strikes.

Thread: "Should Democrats throw the 2016 presidential race?"

I don't think having some centrist 3rd way President is worth having us getting destroyed in the House, Senate, Governorships, and local races. I think the Democrats might be best losing, but not too badly. They can probably net a couple of Senate seats, keep the House about the same. Then spend the next 2 years attacking the Republicans non-stop for everything they do. If all goes right, 2018 and 2020 can be good years for the Democrats, and they can ungerrymander the states.

I know this sounds crazy, but this last election calls for drastic action.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2015, 04:50:17 PM »

IceSpear is starting to lose his grip on reality.

I eagerly await your artful dodge of the actual evidence.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2015, 12:30:12 AM »
« Edited: March 25, 2015, 12:31:50 AM by Mr. Illini »

Roll Eyes

Are you being deliberately obtuse? I never said that, nor did I say the majority did. But some have certainly said so. Here's some examples:

Seriously, if we had four years of a President Walker with the GOP potentially in control of both houses of congress maybe you'd actually get a more robust Democratic primary field in 2016 and a more genuine clash of ideas between the DLC and the more progressive wing of the party.

When Bush was president liberals actually gave a sh**t about things like civil liberties. Now I wonder if they would have been okay with waterboarding if it had been done under Obama, given there acquiescence to drone strikes.

I don't think having some centrist 3rd way President is worth having us getting destroyed in the House, Senate, Governorships, and local races. I think the Democrats might be best losing, but not too badly. They can probably net a couple of Senate seats, keep the House about the same. Then spend the next 2 years attacking the Republicans non-stop for everything they do. If all goes right, 2018 and 2020 can be good years for the Democrats, and they can ungerrymander the states.

Perhaps it is you that is being deliberately obtuse. You have found two examples of left-wing  suggesting that a Hillary presidency would be worse than a Republican presidency, neither of which endorse the idea that they would vote for Ted Cruz in the poll, but rather bringing up the idea that a DLC president is bad for the party's interests.

Returning to your original post, you wondered whether Cruz crossover from Republicans would be larger than leftist crossover to Cruz.

Surely you cannot think that these two quoted posts demonstrate that the number of leftists who feel this way is anywhere near the obviously high number of moderate Republicans that would refuse to vote for Ted Cruz?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2015, 01:04:38 AM »

Roll Eyes

Perhaps it is you that is being deliberately obtuse. You have found two examples of left-wing  suggesting that a Hillary presidency would be worse than a Republican presidency, neither of which endorse the idea that they would vote for Ted Cruz in the poll, but rather bringing up the idea that a DLC president is bad for the party's interests.

Returning to your original post, you wondered whether Cruz crossover from Republicans would be larger than leftist crossover to Cruz.

Surely you cannot think that these two quoted posts demonstrate that the number of leftists who feel this way is anywhere near the obviously high number of moderate Republicans that would refuse to vote for Ted Cruz?

No, they both bring up the idea that Democrats should throw the 2016 presidential election if Hillary is nominee. If Ted Cruz is the nominee, that indicates tacitly or actively supporting Ted Cruz. It's not rocket science.

And like I already stated in the other post, we're not discussing the real world here. Obviously there would be tons more Republicans for Hillary than leftists for Cruz. We're discussing this specific poll on uselectionatlas.org. I posted two examples of leftists for Cruz. So far in this thread, 3 Republicans have indicated they would vote Hillary. So it's a completely fair question.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2015, 01:14:06 AM »

Roll Eyes

No, they both bring up the idea that Democrats should throw the 2016 presidential election if Hillary is nominee. If Ted Cruz is the nominee, that indicates tacitly or actively supporting Ted Cruz. It's not rocket science.

And like I already stated in the other post, we're not discussing the real world here. Obviously there would be tons more Republicans for Hillary than leftists for Cruz. We're discussing this specific poll on uselectionatlas.org. I posted two examples of leftists for Cruz. So far in this thread, 3 Republicans have indicated they would vote Hillary. So it's a completely fair question.

You're suggesting that on this site, as all members have access to the poll, there may be more leftists that prefer that Cruz wins than Republicans that would refuse to vote for Cruz. Your methodology is now digging through to find two people who in the past suggested that they preferred Hillary lose to generic Republican, not even Cruz specifically.

This would be analogous to going back and finding the instances in which forum Republicans suggested that they would not support Ted Cruz, making it fair, as that is what you have done for the leftist/Hillary option.

It is clear that the number of forum Republicans that would not vote for Cruz is much higher than the number of leftists that would vote for Cruz against Hillary. Your premise is ludicrous and indicative of your recent crusade against anyone in the Democratic Party that doesn't favor Hillary Clinton over all else, as if we owe her our unending love and support.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2015, 01:30:19 AM »

Roll Eyes

You're suggesting that on this site, as all members have access to the poll, there may be more leftists that prefer that Cruz wins than Republicans that would refuse to vote for Cruz. Your methodology is now digging through to find two people who in the past suggested that they preferred Hillary lose to generic Republican, not even Cruz specifically.

This would be analogous to going back and finding the instances in which forum Republicans suggested that they would not support Ted Cruz, making it fair, as that is what you have done for the leftist/Hillary option.

It is clear that the number of forum Republicans that would not vote for Cruz is much higher than the number of leftists that would vote for Cruz against Hillary. Your premise is ludicrous and indicative of your recent crusade against anyone in the Democratic Party that doesn't favor Hillary Clinton over all else, as if we owe her our unending love and support.

How is it clear? Where's the evidence? You could very well be right, that's why it was a question. I never stated "there's more leftists for Cruz than Republicans for Hillary on this forum." You're the one making grand pronouncements here, not me.

So either prove me wrong, or acknowledge that it was a fair question. Maybe if tons of Republicans were indicating their support for Hillary in this thread or the result was 90-10, then it would be very clear what the answer is, but that's not the case as of right now.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2015, 05:18:33 PM »

Roll Eyes

How is it clear? Where's the evidence? You could very well be right, that's why it was a question. I never stated "there's more leftists for Cruz than Republicans for Hillary on this forum." You're the one making grand pronouncements here, not me.

So either prove me wrong, or acknowledge that it was a fair question. Maybe if tons of Republicans were indicating their support for Hillary in this thread or the result was 90-10, then it would be very clear what the answer is, but that's not the case as of right now.

Please stop playing a game with this. You found these two posts from the past where I can just point to four posts in this thread Smilo, Goldwater, stegosaurus, and Torie, three Republicans that said that they would prefer Hillary and one that is undecided. And that's just in this thread - ignore all of the ones that I would have to go back and find in other threads, as you had to do because you had zero examples in this one.

So if by "prove" you wrong, you meant find more than two posts of Republicans saying that they would prefer Hillary to Cruz, it's right in front of your face.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2015, 05:30:36 PM »

I don't like Hillary and I plan on voting third party if she is the nominee, but that said, I would sooner see her President than Ted friggin Cruz...
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2015, 07:46:44 PM »

Roll Eyes

Please stop playing a game with this. You found these two posts from the past where I can just point to four posts in this thread Smilo, Goldwater, stegosaurus, and Torie, three Republicans that said that they would prefer Hillary and one that is undecided. And that's just in this thread - ignore all of the ones that I would have to go back and find in other threads, as you had to do because you had zero examples in this one.

So if by "prove" you wrong, you meant find more than two posts of Republicans saying that they would prefer Hillary to Cruz, it's right in front of your face.

Three posts is not compelling evidence, particularly when there's 80 votes in the poll. I do agree with you that I think there are more Republicans voting for Hillary than leftists voting for Cruz in this poll based on what little evidence is available. But it's not conclusive. And it was even less conclusive when I originally posted that message, considering only two Republicans had indicated their support for Hillary at the time. Therefore your absolute confidence that it is true is unwarranted.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2015, 08:41:55 PM »

Roll Eyes

Three posts is not compelling evidence, particularly when there's 80 votes in the poll. I do agree with you that I think there are more Republicans voting for Hillary than leftists voting for Cruz in this poll based on what little evidence is available. But it's not conclusive. And it was even less conclusive when I originally posted that message, considering only two Republicans had indicated their support for Hillary at the time. Therefore your absolute confidence that it is true is unwarranted.

I'm using the standard of evidence that you have produced, seeing as you paraded out two posts from other threads (not even this one).
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2015, 10:11:51 PM »

Roll Eyes

I'm using the standard of evidence that you have produced, seeing as you paraded out two posts from other threads (not even this one).

That wasn't evidence that there were possibly more leftists voting for Cruz than Republicans voting for Hillary, it was evidence that the former actually existed and not something I made up out of thin air.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2015, 11:23:10 PM »
« Edited: March 25, 2015, 11:26:00 PM by Mr. Illini »

Roll Eyes

That wasn't evidence that there were possibly more leftists voting for Cruz than Republicans voting for Hillary, it was evidence that the former actually existed and not something I made up out of thin air.

I don't remember ever suggesting that they did not exist.

So basically what you're arguing at this point is that because neither of us have the evidence to prove respectively that we are right, it is therefore a fair question. What an inconsistent assertion.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2015, 03:07:04 AM »

Roll Eyes

So basically what you're arguing at this point is that because neither of us have the evidence to prove respectively that we are right, it is therefore a fair question. What an inconsistent assertion.

Indeed, that is what I've been arguing the whole time. Glad we finally see eye to eye. Wink
t_host1

« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2015, 07:47:25 AM »

This poll is a good illustration of what it was like with the passengers screaming and its captain banging on the door of insanity. 
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2015, 11:49:51 AM »

Roll Eyes

Indeed, that is what I've been arguing the whole time. Glad we finally see eye to eye. Wink

Yes and as I said, that is an inconsistent assertion. Is it a fair question to wonder whether Jill Stein received more votes from registered Republicans or registered Greens in 2012? No? Prove it then.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2015, 04:51:43 PM »

Roll Eyes

Yes and as I said, that is an inconsistent assertion. Is it a fair question to wonder whether Jill Stein received more votes from registered Republicans or registered Greens in 2012? No? Prove it then.

There's far more uncertainty in a low turnout election. On a small niche forum such as Atlas, the difference between which side is larger could literally come down to a few votes.

However, if you really wanted to know, you could look at the places where Stein did best. They tended to be areas where Republicans are essentially irrelevant (such as the SF Bay Area), so that would be an extremely unlikely proposition. We have no such data to sort through for an Atlas Forum poll.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2015, 05:50:43 PM »

Even though I am definitely not a huge fan of Hillary Clinton, Ted Cruz is probably the politician that I disagree with the most ideologically.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies