Traveling to Denver this weekend, so advice being asked:
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:09:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Traveling to Denver this weekend, so advice being asked:
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Traveling to Denver this weekend, so advice being asked:  (Read 709 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 22, 2015, 10:55:46 PM »

-I'm considering looking for other jobs now, so how long should I wait after returning before applying? Like how long would it have to be to make sure to pass a drug test? I've been told it's only around a month.
-What are the best type of edibles? I've been told that lollipops are f[inks]ing amazing. I imagine brownies probably vary a bunch. I've never had any edibles actually since I've never actually bought weed, only bummed it from people I'm around.
-Anyone been there for that matter? How much is the typical price?
Murica!
whyshouldigiveyoumyname?
Angola

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -10.00

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 11:00:05 PM »

lolthread
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 11:12:06 PM »
« Edited: March 22, 2015, 11:25:42 PM by Boris »

- Depends on your weight and the frequency of usage. I'd give it a couple weeks, at least.
- Just buy what you normally without THC. IF you like non-THC brownies, you'll probably like THC brownies. Everything is labeled with dosage amounts so I'm not quite sure what you mean by "vary a bunch." Check out some of the sodas too if they're around. When I visited last month though, the 'budtender' said they were being phased out due to dosage issues.  
- An eighth (3.5 grams) of top shelf stuff goes for about ~$45, which is $15 cheaper than Midwest black market prices. You can buy up to a quad (7 grams) with an out of state ID, but that can obviously be easily subverted by simply going to a different shop. Or just going to the same shop the next day. All the dispensaries have websites with their current strains available and prices.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 11:23:03 PM »
« Edited: March 22, 2015, 11:31:27 PM by Lief 🐋 »

One month is usually what people are told to be safe, but if you're worried you can buy a kit to test yourself online for not that much (a friend of mine did that).

Something to keep in mind with edibles is that they take a while to kick in, and they can "kick in" in different ways too. When I bought "space cakes" in Amsterdam, I didn't feel anything for about 30 minutes, and then I got a very light head high for about five minutes, then nothing again for 30 minutes, and then it all hit very suddenly. But I've also had edibles where I just slowly eased into it over about an hour or so. So (unlike with smoking for instance) it can be more difficult to regulate how high you get, so be careful.

Another very important thing with edibles is what you eat before or with them. Like if you buy a brownie don't wash it down with milk, because the milk coats your stomach and prevents you from absorbing as much THC, so you won't get as high (or high at all). Whether or not you are eating the edibles on a full stomach also affects things. Once I ate a brownie after not eating anything the whole day (I was starving) and it affected me almost immediately (like within five minutes which was terrifying). But if I have a large meal beforehand it can take one or two hours for anything to happen.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2015, 11:31:03 PM »

I heard that shaving your head works from a friend.  I've never smoked pot.
Kushahontas
floating_to_sea
Kenya

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2015, 02:22:58 PM »

watching this thead for edible recs since I'm in the middle of planning a getaway to Denver myself later on this year.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2015, 03:41:43 PM »

Denver's awesome but I was there before pot legalization.  Sad
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2015, 04:02:58 PM »

I've only had the lollipops but they are INDEED awesome.  Go for those. 
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2015, 04:28:19 PM »

Brownies, man. Though I myself would just buy a bag to smoke and make sure I had a hotel within walking distance to a taco bell or a five guys.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies