538 Republican Presidential Odds: Bush, Walker, and Rubio at the top
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:47:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  538 Republican Presidential Odds: Bush, Walker, and Rubio at the top
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: 538 Republican Presidential Odds: Bush, Walker, and Rubio at the top  (Read 4456 times)
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2015, 12:39:04 PM »

For those of us who have discussed Kasich, I follow him on Facebook and he's been touring the country promoting the Balanced Budget Amendment and just yesterday (I think?) North Dakota ratified it to be state #27.

It's possible that he's quietly setting himself up behind the scenes with establishment support to come out of nowhere if an opening for him comes up, with a Balanced Budget Amendment being a centerpiece of his campaign (and the moment he jumps in, he'll have an extremely convincing argument for conservatives that would blunt attacks on more moderate initiatives in his record, and the momentum and attention could lead to more states rapidly ratifying it, which could lead to a reinforcing cycle of conservative credentials, a constitutional amendment, primary wins, etc.) He's also been touring Ohio, touting his economic record and he is very, very popular.

Of course, that's all wishful thinking on my part Roll Eyes Just thought I'd share
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2015, 12:41:10 PM »

A federal balanced budget amendment would be perhaps the stupidest thing America ever could do, but I do agree that Kasich would be a very strong candidate, though he is currently being largely ignored by the press in favor of people with zero chance like Jindal, Cruz, and Rubio.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2015, 12:42:11 PM »

Cruz is going to destroy Jeb and make Walker into the new establishment candidate. Add Rand Paul into the mix and Rubio has no angle for a candidacy.
As a Democrat, that is too much to hope for.

Is it? Walker is the strongest candidate.
What's he going to run on? His record of bankrupting Wisconsin?

He might be the strongest candidate from this moment, but his rise in the polls looks like an early peak to me.

Nobody votes on record. He's the best candidate.
hopper
United States

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2015, 01:19:22 PM »

Cruz is going to destroy Jeb and make Walker into the new establishment candidate. Add Rand Paul into the mix and Rubio has no angle for a candidacy.

Huh Huh no Cruz is like Obama he can give a great speech and be a great campaigner but Obama had actually good spoken policy proposals in 2008 with substance which Cruz really doesn't have. Cruz's proposals are very short on substance. Abolish the IRS? Ok who will read all those postcard receipts of taxes that he is proposing? Abolish Obama Care? Ok where is the replacement bill?

I agree with you on Rubio it would be very hard for Rubio to win the nomination.
hopper
United States

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2015, 01:21:54 PM »

A federal balanced budget amendment would be perhaps the stupidest thing America ever could do, but I do agree that Kasich would be a very strong candidate, though he is currently being largely ignored by the press in favor of people with zero chance like Jindal, Cruz, and Rubio.
Rubio is way better than Cruz or Jindal though.

Balanced Budget Amendment-Well a phased-in balanced budget over a 15-20 year period might be doable.
hopper
United States

« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2015, 01:24:46 PM »
« Edited: March 25, 2015, 01:31:52 PM by hopper »

As a Democrat, that is too much to hope for.

Is it? Walker is the strongest candidate.
What's he going to run on? His record of bankrupting Wisconsin?

He might be the strongest candidate from this moment, but his rise in the polls looks like an early peak to me.
Wisconsin has a surplus.

So Walker in 2015-2016 is the Rudy Guliani of 2007-2008 you think in terms of early polling?
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2015, 02:00:17 PM »

If Wisconsin is in such great shape then why are they about to cut 300 million dollars from the University of Wisconsin system in order to plug a gigantic 2 billion dollar budget hole caused by reckless tax cuts and poor planning with the unexpected revenue? All in a fiscal conservative's day's work, I would imagine.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies