FL-SEN: Is Rubio about to bungle it?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 09:25:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  FL-SEN: Is Rubio about to bungle it?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 43
Author Topic: FL-SEN: Is Rubio about to bungle it?  (Read 103663 times)
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #600 on: June 04, 2016, 03:09:04 PM »

Donors are being frozen by Draft Rubio.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #601 on: June 04, 2016, 03:17:01 PM »

Jolly says all signs are pointing to him running again
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #602 on: June 04, 2016, 03:46:21 PM »

Rubio's gonna lose to Murphy, you know that, right?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #603 on: June 04, 2016, 03:47:04 PM »

If elected, I guarantee Marco Rubio will be as useless in the Senate for the next 6 years as he was the last. Our usual suspects, I'm sure, will love it.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #604 on: June 04, 2016, 03:49:04 PM »

Rubio was shown to consistently lead Murphy, who is vastly overrated. And what's to say that Grayson won't win the primary?
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #605 on: June 04, 2016, 03:51:40 PM »

Murphy profile from TBT.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #606 on: June 04, 2016, 04:01:49 PM »

I will bookmark this and quote you on Nov. 9. Then we'll see which one of us got it right Tongue  Anyway, assuming Rubio runs, this is a Tossup/tilt R race IMO, regardless of whether Grayson or Murphy wins the Democratic primary. Grayson is vastly underrated, while Murphy is really overrated.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #607 on: June 04, 2016, 04:09:01 PM »

I will bookmark this and quote you on Nov. 9. Then we'll see which one of us got it right Tongue  Anyway, assuming Rubio runs, this is a Tossup/tilt R race IMO, regardless of whether Grayson or Murphy wins the Democratic primary. Grayson is vastly underrated, while Murphy is really overrated.

I guess Rubio is banking on the Happy Florida Men vote.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #608 on: June 04, 2016, 04:10:36 PM »

Rubio was shown to consistently lead Murphy, who is vastly overrated. And what's to say that Grayson won't win the primary?
I agree. Also, I know Jolly says he'll drop out if Rubio jumps in. What about DeSantis and CLC?
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #609 on: June 04, 2016, 07:49:06 PM »

All signs except Rubio showing a willingness to enter.

Jolly might be talking out of his ass. Should Rubio enter, Jolly could back out of his embarrassing Senate run and run for his House seat instead (Where he would be the only person to make it a race against Crist).
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #610 on: June 04, 2016, 10:18:43 PM »

Because of name recognition. He is not popular, particularly after his disastrous presidential run. I welcome his entrance.
JMT

« Reply #611 on: June 04, 2016, 10:21:02 PM »

Jolly is probably saying this to prep himself to run for his house seat against Charlie Crist, in the event that Rubio actually does jump in. Maybe it's possible Rubio has warned Jolly of the possibility of him jumping back in the senate race, so Jolly can file to run for the house seat? I doubt it, but maybe.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #612 on: June 05, 2016, 08:52:12 AM »

Rubio himself has admitted he hates the senate.
How can he go now and ask Florida's voters with a straight face to send him back where he hates to be?
It's not just this; in a presidential debate earlier this hear, he "justified" his Senate absences by saying, "I'm not running for reelection."
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #613 on: June 05, 2016, 06:38:58 PM »
« Edited: June 05, 2016, 06:40:51 PM by ChairmanSanchez »

Rubio's not gonna run unless CLC drops out too. Jolly leaving the race won't change much besides the composition of the polls.

I visited briefly with one of the Senate candidates campaign managers on Friday (not naming names) and the answer I received on Rubio is that there is little buzz outside of the media hype. The party certainly isn't begging him to run, that's for sure.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #614 on: June 05, 2016, 08:17:33 PM »

Rubio's not gonna run unless CLC drops out too. Jolly leaving the race won't change much besides the composition of the polls.

I visited briefly with one of the Senate candidates campaign managers on Friday (not naming names) and the answer I received on Rubio is that there is little buzz outside of the media hype. The party certainly isn't begging him to run, that's for sure.

Are we talking about the State party or the National one? Because the latter certainly is begging him to run.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #615 on: June 05, 2016, 09:47:01 PM »

Are we talking about the State party or the National one? Because the latter certainly is begging him to run.
The state party. They'd be happy to have him, but they aren't desperate for him either. Reports of internal dissatisfaction with Jolly, DeSantis, CLC and so forth are greatly exaggerated.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #616 on: June 06, 2016, 02:28:00 PM »

About two weeks ago, former Congressional and Senate candidate Dan Bongino from Maryland was in FL-22 talking about a possible campaign for Congress in FL-18. Now he suddenly has decided to run for Clawson's seat on the west coast. He's been in Florida for like less than a year. Carpetbagging POS.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #617 on: June 06, 2016, 02:31:30 PM »

If Jolly drops out, I'd rate this Lean D.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #618 on: June 06, 2016, 02:54:17 PM »

Jolly has turned out to be a slight FF in the past few months.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #619 on: June 06, 2016, 02:54:58 PM »

About two weeks ago, former Congressional and Senate candidate Dan Bongino from Maryland was in FL-22 talking about a possible campaign for Congress in FL-18. Now he suddenly has decided to run for Clawson's seat on the west coast. He's been in Florida for like less than a year. Carpetbagging POS.
Any good Republican candidates for FL-18? It's a rare pickup opportunity for the GOP this year, but I think there's a ton of people running. Since you seem to know a lot, who do you think will get the nomination? And how do you rate the general?

Also, the GOP really, really, REALLY needs to coalesce around one of the three establishment candidates if Rubio doesn't jump back in. They can't afford to let Beruff win the nomination and blow this seat.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #620 on: June 06, 2016, 02:59:14 PM »

...you know that two thirds of the state population would count as carpetbaggers, right? People move to Florida for better lives and opportunities; I don't see why that shouldn't apply to politicians when it applies to everyone else.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #621 on: June 06, 2016, 03:14:34 PM »

Any good Republican candidates for FL-18? It's a rare pickup opportunity for the GOP this year, but I think there's a ton of people running. Since you seem to know a lot, who do you think will get the nomination? And how do you rate the general?

Also, the GOP really, really, REALLY needs to coalesce around one of the three establishment candidates if Rubio doesn't jump back in. They can't afford to let Beruff win the nomination and blow this seat.
FL-18 is a neat district-the most interesting race in Florida, IMO. It's a lean GOP district, yet Patrick Murphy took a 0.8% victory in 2012 and turned it into a 20% one in 2014-a year in which he was among the most, if not the most endangered incumbent in the nation. He's a gifted retail politician and quickly immersed himself into a district in which he wasn't from until the year he was elected. He might be slightly overrated as a statewide candidate, but he certainly isn't one to underestimate.

Personally, I want Rebecca Negron to be the nominee. She's a longtime community activist and a School Board member. Her husband is slated to be the State Senate President next year, and the two of them have been involved politically in the area for years. She's not the favorite of the base, however, though she is still widely liked from what I can tell from anecdotal evidence. Her common core position is her biggest strength.

Sadly, many GOP primary voters in the area seem to lean towards Brian Mast, who basically is Allen West without the legs (literally, he's an IED survivor and a war hero) and with slightly turned down rhetoric. Those active within the Palm Beach and Martin County GOP organization seem to prefer him or Kozell, who used to be President of the Republican Club that I was formally a member of. He was, of course, on hand to campaign when I saw Bongino. Then there is that woman from Fox News, Noelle Nikpour, who seems to have a lot of traction on the various Tea Party FB pages but from what I can tell doesn't have any campaign infrastructure in place what-so-ever. She's sort of a wild card in that regard, and I think the less she campaigns, the better Mast does.

Then there are the others (like farmer Rick Roth, perennial candidate and 2014 nominee Carl Domino, former FL-22 '14 nominee Paul Spain, and Mark Freeman, who is self funding his bid) who are the middle/lower tier candidates.

The Democrats are more or less united behind Randy Perkins, a Republican-turned-Democrat millionaire who donated to Scott. Oddly enough, Beruff was the same in the sense that he, while always a Republican as far as I know, remained loyal to Crist for years. That is hurting him now. Anywho, some more progressive minded businessman named Chane is running and has a respectable war chest. I suspect the Democratic primary will be much quieter.

...you know that two thirds of the state population would count as carpetbaggers, right? People move to Florida for better lives and opportunities; I don't see why that shouldn't apply to politicians when it applies to everyone else.
He can run in Florida, sure, but I think it's shameless that in the last year he's been looking at any electoral opportunity available to him. He started talking up a Senate bid the day he got down here, then flirted with FL-18 and FL-22, and now is heading to the other side of the state to run over there. He's here for one and one reason alone: he has nowhere further to go in Maryland.   
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #622 on: June 06, 2016, 06:43:51 PM »

Rubio is hosting a Carlos Lopez-Cantera fundraiser. The date? June 24th.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #623 on: June 06, 2016, 07:16:57 PM »

^^ Well, I guess he's serious about not running.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #624 on: June 06, 2016, 07:18:41 PM »

Rubio is hosting a Carlos Lopez-Cantera fundraiser. The date? June 24th.

So, the hopes for him to run are dead, unless he pulls some sort of move where CLC drops out at that big fundraiser.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 43  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies