FL-SEN: Is Rubio about to bungle it?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:03:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  FL-SEN: Is Rubio about to bungle it?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 43
Author Topic: FL-SEN: Is Rubio about to bungle it?  (Read 104337 times)
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #725 on: June 17, 2016, 11:43:23 AM »

Looks like Rubio is running.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #726 on: June 17, 2016, 11:53:00 AM »

My theory is that Jolly put out that rumor this morning to give himself an excuse to drop out. I don't think Jolly really knows anything.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #727 on: June 17, 2016, 11:56:10 AM »

My theory is that Jolly put out that rumor this morning to give himself an excuse to drop out. I don't think Jolly really knows anything.

He was probably pleasantly surprised to see that poll very competitive with Crist, when he previously thought he was probably screwed due to redistricting. I don't think it was all Rubio, but I would be surprised if Rubio didn't come in now as the biggest name is out of the race.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #728 on: June 17, 2016, 02:11:10 PM »

There was talk about Jolly dropping out long before Rubio reentered the race. They started talking this up  after Rick Baker (the people who I worked for were very involved in drafting him, and I overheard them on a phone conference discussing his potential run once) declined. I wouldn't read too much into this. He's been the "ghost front-runner" this whole time, polling high but with little active support or infrastructure on the ground. CLC and DeSantis have a much better ground game and more momentum.

Could this mean that Rubio is running? Possibly,  but Castro is right-just as Rubio is exploiting a tragedy to seek reelection, Jolly is exploiting Rubio's hype to bow out.

publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #729 on: June 17, 2016, 02:24:56 PM »

I'm sure Jolly repeatedly saying "MARCO IS IN, HE'S RUNNING" while Rubio's camp says he's still undecided is pissing off everyone behind close doors.

I bet when Greg Walden has to start triaging House races 3-4 months from now, Jolly is one of the first incumbents to get screwed.
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #730 on: June 17, 2016, 05:33:59 PM »

Wow. Best election year ever.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #731 on: June 17, 2016, 05:40:24 PM »

I literally can't wait for him to lose the senate primary to Beruff after the RNSC gets everyone else out for him.

lmao...omfg that would be perfect!!!
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #732 on: June 17, 2016, 06:33:44 PM »

Rubio's all but in, and potential announcement sites are being scoped.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #733 on: June 17, 2016, 07:02:20 PM »

Rubio should run as pro-gun control as soon as he wins the nomination.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #734 on: June 17, 2016, 09:35:40 PM »
« Edited: June 17, 2016, 10:17:02 PM by ChairmanSanchez »

If he comes to Tallahassee, he can expect at least one heckler who is going to dish Tongue.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #735 on: June 17, 2016, 10:02:04 PM »

lol

Jolly is going to get eaten by CHARLIE CRIST of all people
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #736 on: June 17, 2016, 10:26:00 PM »

Should we contact Stone about our past...investigations...or do you think he knows all of what we know and more? I suspect he does.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #737 on: June 17, 2016, 10:28:29 PM »

Will we never get rid of this guy? -sigh-
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #738 on: June 17, 2016, 11:13:27 PM »

Should we contact Stone about our past...investigations...or do you think he knows all of what we know and more? I suspect he does.

I vote we do it anyways, just in case. Maybe us Atlasians will finally have an impact on the world.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #739 on: June 18, 2016, 06:24:24 AM »

http://patch.com/florida/landolakes/poll-sen-marco-rubio-favored-florida-republicans

You must be logged in to read this quote.

So much for Rubio having trouble in the primary....
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #740 on: June 18, 2016, 09:07:01 AM »

I literally can't wait for him to lose the senate primary to Beruff after the RNSC gets everyone else out for him.

Rubio will win the primary and start off with a meaningless general election lead purely do name-recognition.  Fortunately, Murphy should still beat him in the general.  I thought Rubio was beatable even before his Presidential campaign with the right candidate (he always struck me as a paper-tiger with too conservative a voting record for a Senator who isn't an institution in FL politics) and given that 1) the Democrats have an excellent candidate here for a change, 2) Rubio's brand has probably been irreparably damaged (especially in Florida), 3) Donald Trump will be on the ballot, and 4) Republican turnout will likely be unusually low this year, I certainly think that now.  Honestly, I think the Republicans would've been better off going with DeSantis.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #741 on: June 18, 2016, 09:33:34 AM »

Rubio will win the primary and start off with a meaningless general election lead purely do name-recognition.  Fortunately, Murphy should still beat him in the general.  I thought Rubio was beatable even before his Presidential campaign with the right candidate (he always struck me as a paper-tiger with too conservative a voting record for a Senator who isn't an institution in FL politics) and given that 1) the Democrats have an excellent candidate here for a change, 2) Rubio's brand has probably been irreparably damaged (especially in Florida), 3) Donald Trump will be on the ballot, and 4) Republican turnout will likely be unusually low this year, I certainly think that now.  Honestly, I think the Republicans would've been better off going with DeSantis.

Rubio will win the primary and start off with a meaningless general election lead purely do name-recognition.  Fortunately, Murphy should still beat him in the general.  I thought Rubio was beatable even before his Presidential campaign with the right candidate (he always struck me as a paper-tiger with too conservative a voting record for a Senator who isn't an institution in FL politics) and given that 1) the Democrats have an excellent candidate here for a change, 2) Rubio's brand has probably been irreparably damaged (especially in Florida), 3) Donald Trump will be on the ballot, and 4) Republican turnout will likely be unusually low this year, I certainly think that now.  Honestly, I think the Republicans would've been better off going with DeSantis.
^^^^^
De Santis was the best candidate they could have got.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #742 on: June 18, 2016, 11:46:36 AM »

So you celebrate when Rubio doesn't run because you're afraid of him beating your golden child Murphy, but now that he's likely getting back in you're acting all cocky. Which is it??
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #743 on: June 18, 2016, 12:24:11 PM »

So you celebrate when Rubio doesn't run because you're afraid of him beating your golden child Murphy, but now that he's likely getting back in you're acting all cocky. Which is it??

That'd be a great comeback if I had ever said I was afraid Rubio would beat Murphy if the former ran for re-election.  Alas, I never any such thing, but thanks for playing Smiley
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #744 on: June 18, 2016, 01:40:48 PM »

I really couldn't care less. The race will be a toss up either way. The only difference is that now Rubio's much higher name rec may give him a phantom lead for a few months that DeSantis or CLC would not have had. Congrats to the GOP, I guess.

On the bright side, seeing him lose in the general would be amazing.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #745 on: June 18, 2016, 02:07:49 PM »

If I were Rubio I would just lay low for a year or two and then ramp up the 2020 campaign. I don't think he's favored in a general election senate race, and losing would be the end of his political career.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #746 on: June 18, 2016, 02:12:16 PM »

If I were Rubio I would just lay low for a year or two and then ramp up the 2020 campaign. I don't think he's favored in a general election senate race, and losing would be the end of his political career.
Yes, but Marco is retarded, you see.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #747 on: June 18, 2016, 02:32:01 PM »

Murphy really isn't a shoe-in, Grayson could win.

Also, Rubio running is low reward and high risk for him. He loses, and he's done.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #748 on: June 18, 2016, 05:32:27 PM »

Murphy really isn't a shoe-in, Grayson could win.

And I could hit the lottery tomorrow. But it's not gonna happen.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #749 on: June 19, 2016, 07:57:15 AM »

John King just said that Rubio has told intimates he's running.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 43  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies