FL-SEN: Is Rubio about to bungle it?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:48:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  FL-SEN: Is Rubio about to bungle it?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 43
Author Topic: FL-SEN: Is Rubio about to bungle it?  (Read 103535 times)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: April 21, 2015, 03:26:35 PM »

Are we still pretending like picking a person from a swing state matters?
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #151 on: April 21, 2015, 03:31:17 PM »

lolbeet
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #152 on: April 21, 2015, 03:35:42 PM »

1. Swing State - Florida is the most important swing state, and if she wants to pick someone from that state, there are no statewide office holders except Nelson, who is 5 years older than Hillary. Schultz is the highest ranking Congresscritter otherwise.

2. The Jewish vote. Democrats are hemorrhaging the Jewish vote which is critical in the state.

3. Youth. Schultz is still relatively young which would balance out Hillary's age.

4. You have no idea who she'd appeal to because she's never run a statewide race. She's always done well in her district.

5. Cancer survivor. Excellent personal story of overcoming adversity.

6. If Lincoln Chafee wins the nomination, she'd be an excellent pick. Even waltermitty agrees.

The fact that you refer to WalterMitty as if he is a wise sage is the dumbest part of your post.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #153 on: April 21, 2015, 03:43:54 PM »

is this dawg serious
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #154 on: April 21, 2015, 03:54:11 PM »

Bless your heart
Oak Hills
United States

« Reply #155 on: April 21, 2015, 05:46:49 PM »

Are you people actually taking Beet's post in this thread seriously?
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #156 on: April 21, 2015, 05:49:58 PM »

"Democrats are losing the Jews!!!!1!!!11!" is a tried and true GOP talking point. The only problem is that the Democrats wrack up large margins among Jewish voters each election and all GOP outreach is for naught.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #157 on: April 21, 2015, 06:06:47 PM »

6. If Lincoln Chafee wins the nomination, she'd be an excellent pick. Even waltermitty agrees.

Very true. A Chafee/Schultz ticket would be unstoppable.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #158 on: April 21, 2015, 08:19:50 PM »

Beet has expressed unironic support for Schultz many times, so it isn't really that far off that he's being serious.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #159 on: April 22, 2015, 04:41:23 AM »

Beet has expressed unironic support for Schultz many times, so it isn't really that far off that he's being serious.

And that's the concern. The most hated Democrat, period, whom basically got you guys slaughtered in 2010/14, does not deserve any support.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #160 on: April 22, 2015, 12:39:15 PM »

And that's the concern. The most hated Democrat, period, whom basically got you guys slaughtered in 2010/14, does not deserve any support.

Tim Kaine was the DNC head in 2010.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #161 on: April 25, 2015, 12:21:24 AM »

Exactly, and look at how many people want Tim Kaine for VP! Unironically!
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #162 on: April 25, 2015, 12:58:28 AM »

Neither of them should be near the presidency/vice presidency tbh
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #163 on: April 25, 2015, 01:58:48 AM »

Well, Tim Kaine makes the ticket slightly more generic since he's a bland white guy, and having been elected statewide twice, he can actually be good for locking down Virginia. That's why people overlook 2010.

And hey, in the end, at least Kaine was able to keep hold on the Senate and get embattled incumbents reelected in CO, NV, WV, CA, and WA. Schultz was only able to get Shaheen reelected due to her opponent being Scott Brown, and Warner only got reelected because Republicans didn't spend any money there due to misleading junk polls. Every other senate democrat who won was in absolutely no danger of losing.

Schultz has only won election in her safe D congressional district that would probably elect Ed Fitzgerald, is anything but bland, and wouldn't win Clinton a single extra vote.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #164 on: April 25, 2015, 02:15:34 AM »

Well, Tim Kaine makes the ticket slightly more generic since he's a bland white guy, and having been elected statewide twice, he can actually be good for locking down Virginia. That's why people overlook 2010.

And hey, in the end, at least Kaine was able to keep hold on the Senate and get embattled incumbents reelected in CO, NV, WV, CA, and WA. Schultz was only able to get Shaheen reelected due to her opponent being Scott Brown, and Warner only got reelected because Republicans didn't spend any money there due to misleading junk polls. Every other senate democrat who won was in absolutely no danger of losing.

Schultz has only won election in her safe D congressional district that would probably elect Ed Fitzgerald, is anything but bland, and wouldn't win Clinton a single extra vote.

Just because 2014 managed to be worse doesn't make 2010 not be a total disaster.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #165 on: April 26, 2015, 04:36:37 PM »

Is Beet ok?
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #166 on: April 26, 2015, 04:39:03 PM »

I assure you guys, I am fine. One person suggesting DWS as VP is not the end of the world.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #167 on: April 26, 2015, 07:20:55 PM »

I assure you guys, I am fine. One person suggesting DWS as VP is not the end of the world.
The end of the world? No. The end of serious discussion? Yes.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #168 on: April 27, 2015, 04:05:26 AM »

Guys, please don't act as if Murphy would beat CLC by 20 points and Grayson would lose by the same margin. CLC and Grayson are not to be underestimated and Murphy is not inevitable.
We are not saying that. It will be close, but I suspect Murphy could beat CLC 52-48%.

That's what I was thking. I can't help but wonder if the gay rumors will hurt Murphy in the general in a state like Florida.
International Brotherhood of Bernard
interstate73

« Reply #169 on: April 27, 2015, 06:15:24 AM »

Guys, please don't act as if Murphy would beat CLC by 20 points and Grayson would lose by the same margin. CLC and Grayson are not to be underestimated and Murphy is not inevitable.
We are not saying that. It will be close, but I suspect Murphy could beat CLC 52-48%.

That's what I was thking. I can't help but wonder if the gay rumors will hurt Murphy in the general in a state like Florida.
It's not 2004 anymore, I don't think that kind of rumor would hurt someone anywhere but the most backwards, hyper-religious/conservative environments, of which Florida is not one. (Also I've heard no such rumors, got a "source" on that?)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #170 on: April 27, 2015, 01:42:08 PM »

I haven't heard any gay rumors about Murphy at all. He was arrested at a strip club for God's sake!
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #171 on: April 27, 2015, 11:06:38 PM »

Didn't they elect Charlie Crist?
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #172 on: April 27, 2015, 11:17:11 PM »

Not anymore.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #173 on: April 28, 2015, 04:11:50 PM »

Not anymore.
The gay rumors didn't effect Crist in a year when opposing gay marriage was still acceptable.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #174 on: April 30, 2015, 02:15:37 PM »

Buchanan not going to be in the race.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 43  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies