FL-SEN: Is Rubio about to bungle it?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:34:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  FL-SEN: Is Rubio about to bungle it?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 43
Author Topic: FL-SEN: Is Rubio about to bungle it?  (Read 103656 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #525 on: May 21, 2016, 05:56:11 PM »

Explain this scandal, why Murphy's bad b/c of it, and why I should care in one (at the absolute most two) short/concise sentences using 3rd grade-level words.  If you can't then it won't matter.
Mommy and daddy are cheating! They hate all non-Dumbocrats, and they hate Florida too!

Whose mom and dad?  Doesn't even make sense.  The second sentence is just Roll Eyes so I'll do you a favor and ignore it.

Third. Grade. Words.

If it's too complicated to understand, then I'll just do you a favor and ignore it.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #526 on: May 21, 2016, 09:03:36 PM »

Explain this scandal, why Murphy's bad b/c of it, and why I should care in one (at the absolute most two) short/concise sentences using 3rd grade-level words.  If you can't then it won't matter.
Mommy and daddy are cheating! They hate all non-Dumbocrats, and they hate Florida too!

Whose mom and dad?  Doesn't even make sense.  The second sentence is just Roll Eyes so I'll do you a favor and ignore it.

Third. Grade. Words.

If it's too complicated to understand, then I'll just do you a favor and ignore it.

Seriously? When someone asks you to explain something in more understandable language, you explain it. You don't mock them for attempting to understand what you're going on about.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #527 on: May 25, 2016, 03:22:39 PM »

Carlos Beruff surges to lead in U.S. Senate primary among Republican activists in poll

You must be logged in to read this quote.

If Beruff wins the Republican nomination, Republicans can kiss this seat goodbye.
It would be the first time in 12 years Democrats hold both Florida Senate seats. Republicans need to attack Beruff. CLC should just drop out and prep for a run for the other seat in two years, he's not going anywhere this year. Then, unite behind Jolly or DeSantis (probably the latter).
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #528 on: May 25, 2016, 03:25:10 PM »

There is no circumstance where Grayson is electable.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #529 on: May 25, 2016, 03:31:40 PM »

Against a guy who called Obama an animal, said "“I don’t think it’s safe to allow anybody from the Middle East into this country." and lied about his biography??

Grayson would beat Beruff by 10 points. In fact, Grayson's ads and speeches are excellent, whether you agree with him or not. He is a very underrated candidate.
Fire-breathing Grayson can't beat Jolly, DeSantis, or CLC (but he won't lose by a margin as big as some people here would think), but he would easily beast Beruff. Beruff is the kind o candidate who can genuinely beat up like a piñata.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #530 on: May 25, 2016, 03:52:54 PM »

CLC has the strongest statewide campaign and organization. He's really underrated.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #531 on: May 25, 2016, 03:53:08 PM »

^The FL race is important because I consider Republicans slight underdogs in NH, IL and WI. If you add FL to the list and Clinton wins November, Republicans are basically guaranteed to lose the Senate, unless Heck wins in NV. Republicans must defeat Sharron Angle at all costs.
FL will probably be the tipping point of Senate control. Don't worry about Angle, she's getting destroyed by Koch Borthers favorite Heck. You got this Joe, 20 days until the primary. Just don't mess up.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #532 on: May 25, 2016, 05:02:42 PM »

CLC has the strongest statewide campaign and organization. He's really underrated.
Uh, no? Besides a strong base among college Republicans (no idea how that developed but it's definitely noticeable), I have not seen a single CLC supporter at any Republican event. He has the most endorsements, but that doesn't translate into the grassroots support that DeSantis has. I do suspect that CLC has a chance of supplanting Jolly for second if things continue the way they are.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #533 on: May 25, 2016, 05:23:01 PM »

Uh, no? Besides a strong base among college Republicans (no idea how that developed but it's definitely noticeable), I have not seen a single CLC supporter at any Republican event. He has the most endorsements, but that doesn't translate into the grassroots support that DeSantis has. I do suspect that CLC has a chance of supplanting Jolly for second if things continue the way they are.
While usually your connections to the FLGOP make me believe you, I find it doubtful that your personal anecdote supplants the fact that Lopez-Cantera has had two statewide runs with a campaign manager and team with experience in statewide bids. I would be very surprised if he does not outperform the polls by at least 5%.

I'm not talking about voters - I'm talking about campaign apparatus, the machine that led Cruz to his victory in Iowa.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #534 on: May 25, 2016, 09:27:33 PM »

Rubio facing pressure to jump back in from colleagues, donors, party officials but he's still saying no & that CLC is likely gonna win his endorsement.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #535 on: May 25, 2016, 09:31:56 PM »

The fact that party insiders don't seem especially enthused about any of the GOP candidates chances is certainly indicative of something.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #536 on: May 25, 2016, 10:03:16 PM »

Would also be hilarious if Rubio jumped back in only to lose the primary to Trump protege Beruff!
No. Charlie Crist protege. Beruff is an older backer of Crist.

As for the RPOF/GOP satisfaction, I have a feeling it has to do with personality rather than politics. DeSantis has the strongest organization, the money, the staff, and the national support to win in November. But he isn't particularly liked. I have one friend who ran one of his 2012 primary opponents campaign; said friend (he set me up with my internship) is a libertarian Republican who by and large should love DeSantis, though his apparent antics in 2012 has totally turned off my friend. He actually found DeSantis far more egregious of an opponent than Lois Frankel (we came to know each other on that campaign).

Likewise, CLC is viewed as an emptysuit and a Rubio 2.0. People are more stoked about him running for Congress against Annette Taddeo in 2018 than they are about his Senate campaign. Jolly's problems were stated in the article. And lastly, there isn't anyone who takes Wilcox seriously.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #537 on: May 25, 2016, 11:37:54 PM »

What's with the Republicans trying to parachute in their failed presidential contenders? First Carson, now Rubio. Florida doesn't deserve the scraps!

Isn't Rubio unpopular in FL now anyway? He wouldn't even be a lock in the primary, much less the general.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #538 on: May 26, 2016, 12:25:43 AM »

Rubio lost his home state primary to a comedian by 18 points. Total lightweight.

Of course, as a Murphy supporter, I'm not exactly an unbiased source here.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #539 on: May 26, 2016, 12:38:21 AM »
« Edited: May 26, 2016, 11:31:29 AM by Wolverine22 »

Against a guy who called Obama an animal, said "“I don’t think it’s safe to allow anybody from the Middle East into this country." and lied about his biography??

Grayson would beat Beruff by 10 points. In fact, Grayson's ads and speeches are excellent, whether you agree with him or not. He is a very underrated candidate.

Alan Grayson is a big blowhard who needs to fade into political obscurity after he gets crushed.

EDIT: God damn autocorrect.
moderatevoter
ModerateVAVoter

« Reply #540 on: May 26, 2016, 02:02:39 AM »

Isn't Rubio unpopular in FL now anyway? He wouldn't even be a lock in the primary, much less the general.

Haven't gotten a lot of polling, but the last batch of polls had him beating Murphy.

On the other hand, there's been polling showing him with strong approvals... and others with not so strong approvals. So it's kind of hard to say. Also, I thought he was flirting with endorsing CLC? That would be awkward, now wouldn't it.
standwrand
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.55, S: -2.74

« Reply #541 on: May 26, 2016, 11:17:53 AM »

Rubio is the only one that could beat Murphy w/o a crazy amount of money involved. If Rubio endorses CLC, he could win, but the Repubs would have to spend a lot of money and Rubio could risk CLC stealing his role in 2020.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #542 on: May 26, 2016, 11:34:55 AM »

lol CLC being a potential candidate in 2020 rofl lmao.

Even David Jolly would be a better pick.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #543 on: May 26, 2016, 07:29:26 PM »

Carlos Beruff leading in the polls???
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #544 on: May 26, 2016, 07:41:54 PM »

In one poll, after a YUGE ad blitz, and plenty of undecideds. Hopefully his lead collapses.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #545 on: May 26, 2016, 07:58:19 PM »

It will fold quickly when DeSantis launches his own ad blitz and outdoes Beruff.

lol CLC being a potential candidate in 2020 rofl lmao.

Even David Jolly would be a better pick.
CLC has a great future ahead of him as a Congressional backbencher from 2018 through 2034.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #546 on: May 26, 2016, 09:12:33 PM »

Donald J. Trump ✔ ‎@realDonaldTrump
Poll data shows that @marcorubio does by far the best in holding onto his Senate seat in Florida. Important to keep the MAJORITY. Run Marco!
9:09 PM - 26 May 2016

Will this get Rubio in the race?
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #547 on: May 26, 2016, 09:34:02 PM »

Poll data shows that @marcorubio does by far the best in holding onto his Senate seat in Florida. Important to keep the MAJORITY. Run Marco!

I like to think Rubio was considering entering the race, saw this tweet, and then called the NRSC and told them to go f**k themselves.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #548 on: May 26, 2016, 09:36:27 PM »

I like to think Rubio was considering entering the race, saw this tweet, and then called the NRSC and told them to go f**k themselves.
This isn't going to sit well with the others.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #549 on: May 26, 2016, 09:38:12 PM »

I don't care about his approval ratings right now. Rubio would by far be the best Republican candidate against Murphy or Grayson.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 43  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies