FL-SEN: Is Rubio about to bungle it?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:01:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  FL-SEN: Is Rubio about to bungle it?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 ... 43
Author Topic: FL-SEN: Is Rubio about to bungle it?  (Read 103639 times)
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #800 on: June 22, 2016, 09:14:19 AM »

Well this is happening. Lol.
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #801 on: June 22, 2016, 09:15:46 AM »

Best election EVER.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #802 on: June 22, 2016, 09:17:40 AM »

I would give anything to see Rubio lose to Beruff in the primary.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #803 on: June 22, 2016, 09:44:38 AM »

Lopez-Cantera OUT

https://twitter.com/PatriciaMazzei/status/745623150839357440
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #804 on: June 22, 2016, 09:45:58 AM »

As is DeSantis.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #805 on: June 22, 2016, 10:07:06 AM »

That tweet isn't about Desantis.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #806 on: June 22, 2016, 10:10:51 AM »

Wow, Rubio must really love getting pounded! Murphy=ENDORSED
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #807 on: June 22, 2016, 10:51:11 AM »

HoR scramble: candidates switch to 4th district to avoid DeSantis war chest in the 6th.

http://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/rubios-decision-scrambles-florida-house-races
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #808 on: June 22, 2016, 05:11:21 PM »

I don't care about his approval ratings right now. Rubio would by far be the best Republican candidate against Murphy or Grayson.
Stop trying to make Rubio happen. Rubio is not happening.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #809 on: June 22, 2016, 05:26:15 PM »

I don't care about his approval ratings right now. Rubio would by far be the best Republican candidate against Murphy or Grayson.

Careful not to choke on your own d**k.

Also Sanchez was also saying that Rubio is a paper tiger, which is still correct.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #810 on: June 22, 2016, 06:02:05 PM »

Trumps biggest problem in Florida is Cubans, who also happen to be Rubio's base in Florida.  He's gonna over-perform Trump BIG TIME in South Florida, just look at the primary map.  I'm not worried at all.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #811 on: June 22, 2016, 06:04:37 PM »

^Chill. I'm just glad that I can move this race from Safe D to Tossup now. Sorry, but Beruff (lol), Wilcox, Jolly, DeSantis and CLC would have all lost by double or high single digits to Murphy or Grayson. Rubio vs. Murphy is a tossup, and of course Republicans shouldn't get too cocky about this race. Both Murphy and Grayson CAN beat Rubio.

Anyway, IMO the FL Senate race now becomes a must win for the GOP, since Democrats are already guaranteed to win in NH (Safe D), heavily favored to win WI (Lean D) and slightly favored to win IL (Tilt D).

It's hard to chill when talking about flamin' Marco.  He gets me going.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #812 on: June 22, 2016, 06:12:53 PM »

Trumps biggest problem in Florida is Cubans, who also happen to be Rubio's base in Florida.  He's gonna over-perform Trump BIG TIME in South Florida, just look at the primary map.  I'm not worried at all.
Right. Many of the Trump primary voters will come home to Rubio in the general; Florida is a closed primary state, I believe. And Cubans in Miami-Dade County will push him over the top (I think).
^Chill. I'm just glad that I can move this race from Safe D to Tossup now. Sorry, but Beruff (lol), Wilcox, Jolly, DeSantis and CLC would have all lost by double or high single digits to Murphy or Grayson. Rubio vs. Murphy is a tossup, and of course Republicans shouldn't get too cocky about this race. Both Murphy and Grayson CAN beat Rubio.

Anyway, IMO the FL Senate race now becomes a must win for the GOP, since Democrats are already guaranteed to win in NH (Safe D), heavily favored to win WI (Lean D) and slightly favored to win IL (Tilt D).
I agree. Rubio clearly is the strongest Republican for this seat, and now, instead of having a fractured field, the Establishment and donors can rally around an incumbent. The three you mentioned will give Democrats 3 of the 4 seats for the majority (since they're favored to win the presidency at this point). Republicans blew the Class 3 seat from Colorado (as they always do), and have to win all the other competitive races (unless they pick up Nevada, which is a toss up). Arizona is probably gone if McCain falls, IMO.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #813 on: June 22, 2016, 06:33:42 PM »

Right. Many of the Trump primary voters will come home to Rubio in the general; Florida is a closed primary state, I believe. And Cubans in Miami-Dade County will push him over the top (I think).

I agree. Rubio clearly is the strongest Republican for this seat, and now, instead of having a fractured field, the Establishment and donors can rally around an incumbent. The three you mentioned will give Democrats 3 of the 4 seats for the majority (since they're favored to win the presidency at this point). Republicans blew the Class 3 seat from Colorado (as they always do), and have to win all the other competitive races (unless they pick up Nevada, which is a toss up). Arizona is probably gone if McCain falls, IMO.
What, you don't think Kelli Chemtrail can hold that seat?
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #814 on: June 22, 2016, 06:48:56 PM »

What, you don't think Kelli Chemtrail can hold that seat?
Are you joking? McCain already has far more statewide recognition, and seems to do much better in the polls. He also does better with moderates and Hispanics, who I doubt would be too fond of Kelli Ward. If McCqin is down by 2 (even in a D internal poll), Ward is a weak candidate.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #815 on: June 22, 2016, 07:05:50 PM »

That was before Rubio exploited a terrorist attack to run for reelection. I didn't think that he could sink that low. Nice try.

Careful not to choke on your own d**k.

Also Sanchez was also saying that Rubio is a paper tiger, which is still correct.
Indeed. The RPOF is pissing away a winnable race. DeSantis is now seeking reelection, which screws over Alex Mooney. Santiago endorses DeSantis for reelection, runs for his State House sea, screwing over those who were trying to replace him. CLC is now running for CFO, which screws over several state legislators who planned on making a bid. Pretty much everyone loses here/goes down a notch.

Rubio ought to be nicknamed the Tallahassee Ripper, because he pretty much stabs everyone in the back. Ask Jeb! or his friends at the Warsaw Ballroom.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #816 on: June 22, 2016, 07:05:51 PM »

TN Volunteer, please quit posting about Florida politics until you manage to sit outside one of the top Florida politicos office for eight months. Then you'll know what is going on.

I had it on good authority as of June 9th that Rubio was firmly out. That was before Orlando.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #817 on: June 22, 2016, 07:59:03 PM »

CBS Miami Investigation Reveals Patrick Murphy Lied About Resume
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #818 on: June 22, 2016, 08:10:15 PM »

TN Volunteer, please quit posting about Florida politics until you manage to sit outside one of the top Florida politicos office for eight months. Then you'll know what is going on.

Fix'd

No wait.

That's better.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #819 on: June 22, 2016, 08:12:42 PM »
« Edited: June 22, 2016, 08:17:49 PM by TN volunteer »

@angry: Ouch... damn, that was too much. Now you really hurt my feelings. Cry

That was before Rubio exploited a terrorist attack to run for reelection. I didn't think that he could sink that low. Nice try.

Rubio has been considering running for reelection since May.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #820 on: June 22, 2016, 08:17:43 PM »

Turns our Murphy is a fraud.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #821 on: June 22, 2016, 08:18:34 PM »

Now that Murphy's campaign has imploded, is there enough time for Graham to jump in?  I hope not.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #822 on: June 22, 2016, 08:36:09 PM »

Now that Murphy's campaign has imploded, is there enough time for Graham to jump in?  I hope not.
I wouldn't go that far just yet.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #823 on: June 22, 2016, 08:52:47 PM »

She (or anyone else) has 50 hours to file. But it sounds like she's sitting out to run for governor in 2018.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #824 on: June 22, 2016, 08:56:39 PM »
« Edited: June 22, 2016, 08:58:11 PM by Dereich »

Good god, this so much. TNVolunteer nearly all of your Florida posts have been wildly wrong and completely baseless.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 ... 43  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies