FL-SEN: Is Rubio about to bungle it?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 05:26:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  FL-SEN: Is Rubio about to bungle it?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 ... 43
Author Topic: FL-SEN: Is Rubio about to bungle it?  (Read 103641 times)
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #850 on: June 23, 2016, 02:44:47 PM »

^We'll see on election day whose posts were more ridiculous. Smiley

Okay, so who would a sane, logical person trust more? The myriad of posters who live in or near FL who know for a fact that your inane accusations are false, or a Tennessean who has never been to Florida and just enjoys sharing his conspiracy theories?

Also applicable.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #851 on: June 23, 2016, 02:46:17 PM »

Okay, so who would a sane, logical person trust more? The myriad of posters who live in or near FL who know for a fact that your inane accusations are false, or a Tennessean who has never been to Florida and just enjoys sharing his conspiracy theories?

Also applicable.

It's pretty sad that despite not living in Florida TNVolunteer still knows more about Florida politics than most of you!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #852 on: June 23, 2016, 03:32:40 PM »

>calls Murphy story yellow journalism/hatch job
>calls Trump a rapist in same post
>is Canadian and has no stake in race either way
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #853 on: June 23, 2016, 04:18:19 PM »

Also applicable.

It's pretty sad that despite not living in Florida TNVolunteer still knows more about Florida politics than most of you!

If that was true it would be sad! Luckily it's an absurd suggestion.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #854 on: June 24, 2016, 04:22:29 AM »
« Edited: June 24, 2016, 04:24:06 AM by Adam T »

>calls Murphy story yellow journalism/hatch job
>calls Trump a rapist in same post
>is Canadian and has no stake in race either way

1.I said part of the story was yellow journalism.  That part is a textbook definition of yellow journalism.  I similarly only said it was possible the whole story is a hatchet job.

2.I've explained this a number of times.  My referring to Rapist Trump as 'Rapist Trump' is a comment on him giving people nicknames and accusing them of things for which he has no evidence. It isn't meant to be taken literally.

That said, given Ivana Trump's affidavit that he committed statutory rape against her, and her later supposed recanting of that affidavit that is one of the most bizarre statements I've ever read and that her divorce from Rapist Trump was granted on the grounds of his  "cruel and inhuman treatment" of her I think it is highly likely that he did rape her.   Of course, he was never charged yet alone convicted.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #855 on: June 24, 2016, 08:13:05 AM »

Wilcox drops out.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #856 on: June 24, 2016, 03:48:53 PM »

New Rubio super-PAC launches with brutal attack ad; not wasting any time

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #857 on: June 24, 2016, 04:02:29 PM »

Great ad.  Murphy really shot himself in the foot.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #858 on: June 24, 2016, 04:16:20 PM »

Interesting article about Beruff's ties to Changing Charlie and past support for liberals. He supported Crist over Rubio in 2010 after he left the GOP to run to the left of Rubio, and promising to caucus with the Democrats if elected. Which is strange because now, Beruff is running to the right of Rubio. He also supported Christine Jennings, a very liberal (unsuccessful) Democratic candidate for the House a while back. Hopefully Rubio can cruise to reelection.
http://www.weeklystandard.com/rubio-challenger-supported-pro-choice-democrat-for-congress/article/2003025
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #859 on: June 24, 2016, 04:45:41 PM »

Rubio will do as much for Florida as a vacancy in the Senate would. In the entire time period between the Gang of 8 and his presidential campaign, he pretty much did nothing.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #860 on: June 24, 2016, 06:12:44 PM »

It would be really nice if in the remaining 4+ hours if Crist were to drop out and run for Senate. Another Rubio-Crist match-up would be golden.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #861 on: June 24, 2016, 06:29:56 PM »

Um, maybe it's just me but I think a candidate saying on tape that he hates being in the senate or that he will vote for TRUMP despite the fact that he doesn't trust him with the nuclear football is a bit more devastating politically that arguing semantics about accounting and whether one is a small business "owner" or not.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #862 on: June 24, 2016, 06:56:51 PM »

Um, maybe it's just me but I think a candidate saying on tape that he hates being in the senate or that he will vote for TRUMP despite the fact that he doesn't trust him with the nuclear football is a bit more devastating politically that arguing semantics about accounting and whether one is a small business "owner" or not.
He's never said on tape that he hates the Senate, to my knowledge. I couldn't find anything to back that up. Of course many things he's said seem to imply that, but explicitly saying he hates it, no.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #863 on: June 24, 2016, 07:55:00 PM »

Ugh. With Wilcox out, I'll be voting for Donald DeRenzo, who ran for State House and apparently is running for Senate (not sure if he'll be on the ballot). He's a friend of an old boss of mine.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #864 on: June 26, 2016, 04:36:25 PM »

I'll never understand why people who fail smaller races think they'll do better statewide.
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #865 on: June 26, 2016, 07:12:17 PM »

I'm not sure who I'd support in the Dem primary.
My preferred matchup is Grayson vs Beruff.
But if Beruff loses, then I'd rather have Murphy.
JMT

« Reply #866 on: June 26, 2016, 07:16:09 PM »

I'll never understand why people who fail smaller races think they'll do better statewide.

Generally speaking this makes sense, and I'm sure you are right in the sense many candidates wouldn't do better statewide if they failed a smaller races. One candidate I can think of that successfully did this, however, is Maggie Hassan. Hassan lost reelection to her state senate seat in 2010, then successfully ran for governor two years later.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #867 on: June 26, 2016, 10:43:42 PM »

Generally speaking this makes sense, and I'm sure you are right in the sense many candidates wouldn't do better statewide if they failed a smaller races. One candidate I can think of that successfully did this, however, is Maggie Hassan. Hassan lost reelection to her state senate seat in 2010, then successfully ran for governor two years later.

Oh, now you've done it.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #868 on: June 26, 2016, 10:52:50 PM »

Oh, now you've done it.
Hassan really doesn't fit that description. She was already elected to the seat before. She probably lost only because of the wave. In 2012 she successfully ran for governor, was reelected in 2014, and will likely win the Senate seat this year.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #869 on: June 27, 2016, 09:49:22 AM »

TNVolunteer, I really don't think Maggie Hassan will ever even attempt a run for president.
JMT

« Reply #870 on: June 27, 2016, 10:06:28 AM »

TNVolunteer, I really don't think Maggie Hassan will ever even attempt a run for president.

I agree, I think Hassan will win the Senate seat and probably be a Senate lifer (or if she retires from the Senate / loses reelection at some point, she'll be done with politics)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #871 on: June 29, 2016, 03:24:20 PM »

So, it seems that the bombshell story on Murphy isn't so devastating after all.

http://www.politifact.com/florida/article/2016/jun/29/guide-attacks-patrick-murphys-resume/
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #872 on: July 02, 2016, 08:29:54 AM »

Yes, generally political parties attack the other party's nominees in competitive races.  What's your point?
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #873 on: July 02, 2016, 09:24:31 AM »

Does anyone else think that TNVolunteer will start ranting conspiracy theory nonsense about 'angry Florida [demographic group]' if Rubio loses the general election?
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #874 on: July 02, 2016, 11:27:07 AM »

Does anyone else think that TNVolunteer will start ranting conspiracy theory nonsense about 'angry Florida [demographic group]' if Rubio loses the general election?
No. The "angry New Hampshire women" at least have a little evidence of existing (if you look at subgroups in the polls).
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 ... 43  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies