FL-SEN: Is Rubio about to bungle it? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:41:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  FL-SEN: Is Rubio about to bungle it? (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: FL-SEN: Is Rubio about to bungle it?  (Read 103856 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« on: March 24, 2015, 04:25:11 PM »

I wouldn't mind Grayson running in the primary. He'd lose obviously, so Murphy would get to position himself as a mainstream Democrat facing off against the loony left. Plus we'd replace Grayson in the House with someone less insane.

The problem would be Grayson bloodying Murphy by accusing him of being a Taliban member or something. He'd have a lot of his own cash with which to do so.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 03:54:44 PM »

This seat will only flip in a wave anyways, Pa is the tipper, with Toomey and NH or OH will give Dems majority.

I thought FLa. was essential to 272 firewall.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2015, 08:05:33 PM »

How come none of the True Leftists are attacking Murphy for being a right wing Democrat?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 05:44:15 PM »

If Grayson believes a website poll on The Florida Squeeze is good evidence of primary support, Murphy may have an easier primary than I thought.

Reminds me of people who try to use Atlas Forum or MoveOn.org polls to "prove" that Democrats dislike Hillary. It seems Grayson may be delusional.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2015, 06:06:49 PM »

If FL Dems nominate Grayson, the party should probably just disband. Nothing of value would be lost. Nelson can run as an independent.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2015, 06:06:47 PM »

6. If Lincoln Chafee wins the nomination, she'd be an excellent pick. Even waltermitty agrees.

Very true. A Chafee/Schultz ticket would be unstoppable.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2015, 12:48:32 AM »

It's happening...Undecided
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2015, 03:42:56 PM »

There's a very annoying contingent of posters on Atlas: Hillary supporters who are constantly buttmad that people call her liberalism into question, and to counteract that they whine and moan any time a conservative Democrat is getting support.

I'm sorry pointing out hypocrisy annoys you. There's no logic whatsoever in bitching about Hillary being a "neoliberal right winger" or whatever then supporting Patrick Murphy who is objectively to her right on basically every issue. Florida is not that different from the country as a whole in terms of the D-R margin, so that excuse can't be used like it could be for someone like Manchin.

Granted, Clinton1996 made a good point in that Grayson would likely run a destructive scorched earth campaign whereas Hillary's opponents won't, but that would explain anti-Grayson views, not so much pro-Murphy views. Secondly, many of the Hillary haters would love it if a candidate ran an intensively negative campaign against her, so it's still an inconsistency.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2015, 04:59:40 PM »

There's a very annoying contingent of posters on Atlas: Hillary supporters who are constantly buttmad that people call her liberalism into question, and to counteract that they whine and moan any time a conservative Democrat is getting support.

I'm sorry pointing out hypocrisy annoys you. There's no logic whatsoever in bitching about Hillary being a "neoliberal right winger" or whatever then supporting Patrick Murphy who is objectively to her right on basically every issue. Florida is not that different from the country as a whole in terms of the D-R margin, so that excuse can't be used like it could be for someone like Manchin.

Granted, Clinton1996 made a good point in that Grayson would likely run a destructive scorched earth campaign whereas Hillary's opponents won't, but that would explain anti-Grayson views, not so much pro-Murphy views. Secondly, many of the Hillary haters would love it if a candidate ran an intensively negative campaign against her, so it's still an inconsistency.

For the record, I am a Hillary supporter who also supports Sanders run. I want to see Hillary challenged not because I dislike her or want someone else, but because the presidential primaries are very important events in which many issues get attention that wouldn't otherwise. There's a big difference between state primaries and national ones, I know you know that.

Also, equating Florida to the nation at large and saying they are just about equally liberal is misleading. Surely you recognize the difference being willing to vote for Barack Obama or Hillary Clinton, who while liberal are also restrained and pragmatic, and electing just any old Democrat.

And I cannot stress this enough: Alan Grayson will not lose because he's too liberal. Does everyone forget that he's involved in a messy divorce? That he called his opponent a member of the Taliban? If Alan Grayson were a Republican, I'd be salivating for him to get in the race. And at the same time, if Murphy were a Republican I'd be very scared of him.

I'm responding to you and not to Beet, because you seem more honest in your complaints whereas Beet is mostly a contrarian troll.

Well then in that case, I'm not referring to you specifically.

As for your second point, I'm not really sure what you mean by that. Can you elaborate?

And yes, I agree Grayson is an awful candidate in many ways. For the record, I do support Murphy, simply because he seems most electable and I don't think Grayson/DWS could win statewide barring a miracle or a huge wave. I tend to agree with the guy who said Castor would be a decent statewide candidate without the blue dog baggage, but she's probably not running.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2016, 02:10:04 AM »

So I wonder how badly Grayson is sh**tting himself after last night.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2016, 04:06:20 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/RESULTS/state.php?fips=12&year=2016&f=0&off=0&elect=1
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2016, 04:19:17 PM »

You realize we have timestamps, yes?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2016, 04:22:29 PM »

Oh, so you think it's funny and/or clever to point out how 2 AM is technically Thursday morning. Spoiler: it isn't.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2016, 12:55:51 AM »

Why would Jolly want to defend his now dark blue house seat? Also, upon reflecting on the FL Democratic Primary, I've realized that I can't fathom Grayson winning. How could there be so many Clinton/Grayson voters? Not to mention that there must be some Sanders/Murphy supporters.

He won't win.

But if by some miracle he did, it would be due to ultra low turnout bringing out only the True Believers. This is why presidential primaries and statewide primaries should always be on the same day.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2016, 11:37:54 PM »

What's with the Republicans trying to parachute in their failed presidential contenders? First Carson, now Rubio. Florida doesn't deserve the scraps!

Isn't Rubio unpopular in FL now anyway? He wouldn't even be a lock in the primary, much less the general.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2016, 01:28:56 PM »

The people convincing Rubio he'd be a lock if he ran again are the same people who convinced him he'd be a lock if he ran for president. lol
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2016, 01:31:04 PM »

Is Rubio's poll lead purely because of his name recognition?

Probably. Murphy has close to none, and neither do any of the Republicans, which is why the polls are meaningless.

I'd be pretty pissed about all this if I was DeSantis/CLC/Jolly. The media, pundits, and elite donor class loves to continue to shill for Rubio so nothing has changed there, but this is essentially a vote of no confidence in all of them by trying so desperately to get him in.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2016, 10:18:43 PM »

Rubio was shown to consistently lead Murphy, who is vastly overrated. And what's to say that Grayson won't win the primary?

Because of name recognition. He is not popular, particularly after his disastrous presidential run. I welcome his entrance.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2016, 01:34:43 PM »

Isn't the House seat Crist is running for a safe D seat? Why would Jolly volunteer to be slaughtered there?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2016, 12:45:46 PM »

I have to admit it, it would be pretty damn hilarious to see Crist lose again in such a Democratic district.

Maybe then he can move to a D+20 district and lose there too.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2016, 02:19:38 PM »

First David Rivera, then Jeb Bush...will Rubio throw yet another "friend" other the bus for political gain? Yikes!
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2016, 02:56:04 PM »

Ah, yes, because Hillary Clinton is such a majestic and loving human being.

Glad to see you've seen the light. Welcome on board! Wink
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2016, 11:43:37 PM »

March 15th was my favorite day of the primaries, for both sides. Smiley
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2016, 01:40:48 PM »

So you celebrate when Rubio doesn't run because you're afraid of him beating your golden child Murphy, but now that he's likely getting back in you're acting all cocky. Which is it??

I really couldn't care less. The race will be a toss up either way. The only difference is that now Rubio's much higher name rec may give him a phantom lead for a few months that DeSantis or CLC would not have had. Congrats to the GOP, I guess.

On the bright side, seeing him lose in the general would be amazing.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2016, 05:32:27 PM »

Murphy really isn't a shoe-in, Grayson could win.

And I could hit the lottery tomorrow. But it's not gonna happen.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies