FL-SEN: Is Rubio about to bungle it? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:30:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  FL-SEN: Is Rubio about to bungle it? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL-SEN: Is Rubio about to bungle it?  (Read 103769 times)
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: May 20, 2015, 03:47:16 PM »

Grayson seems like a pretty despicable person in person. His politics are the only decent thing about him.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 10:30:17 AM »

I don't think Rubioo would necessarily win the general if he drops his presidential bid. It would be a tougher fight, but still.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 07:41:13 PM »

A hot rumor a while back - not sure how much credibility it still has - was that Rubio was interested in being in Tally in 2018.

I mean, I guess he can try, but I doubt he will.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2016, 11:06:59 PM »

I see no reason why he shouldn't run, from his perspective. If he loses, he can blame it on Trump being the nominee and other unfavorable circumstances. He can also say he only took it at his party's behest, and was just trying to help.

And let's be honest, he has at least a 50-50 chance of winning it.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2016, 09:35:02 AM »

If Crist were to drop into the Senate race, and Rubio were to run, that would be a nice 2010 redux with a twist.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2016, 08:17:33 PM »

Rubio's not gonna run unless CLC drops out too. Jolly leaving the race won't change much besides the composition of the polls.

I visited briefly with one of the Senate candidates campaign managers on Friday (not naming names) and the answer I received on Rubio is that there is little buzz outside of the media hype. The party certainly isn't begging him to run, that's for sure.

Are we talking about the State party or the National one? Because the latter certainly is begging him to run.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2016, 02:54:17 PM »

Jolly has turned out to be a slight FF in the past few months.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2016, 07:18:41 PM »

Rubio is hosting a Carlos Lopez-Cantera fundraiser. The date? June 24th.

So, the hopes for him to run are dead, unless he pulls some sort of move where CLC drops out at that big fundraiser.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2016, 12:18:22 PM »

Charlie Crist is an insanely good campaigner, so there still is much faith in that race.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2016, 07:18:55 PM »

I have to admit it, it would be pretty damn hilarious to see Crist lose again in such a Democratic district.

Maybe then he can move to a D+20 district and lose there too.

I like Crist, but he's lost too much credibility.  To be on John McCain's VP short list, then to become a moderate Independent, then to be a liberal Democrat is too much for some to believe.

The good thing is that he can't afford to change political parties again, so he's locked into being a Democrat for the rest of his political life.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2016, 09:15:43 AM »

Unless he plans on running as the pro-gun control candidate, there wouldn't be much point to saying that if he's getting back in.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2016, 10:45:47 PM »
« Edited: June 14, 2016, 10:47:26 PM by Vega »

Apparently. He isn't exactly a strong candidate and he isn't a very unifying figure. A lot of people in the party don't care for him either, though they are more than willing to unite around him in the end because he isn't an asshole like Rubio.

I think Scott needs to retire. He isn't really fit personality wise for politics as it stands and I don't see him being an effective Senator at all. He waffles a lot, but not in a nuanced way. He's way too indecisive on even big issues like Medicaid Expansion. He needs to retire off into the sunset, enjoy time with his wife and grandkids, and build a new mansion somewhere.

What makes Rubio a bigger asshole compared to Rick Scott? I have trouble understanding how even an honest or average Republican could like him (Scott). He seems like such an thoroughly dislikable person, even when leaving politics at the door.

You could say the same for Charlie Crist personally, but at least he feigns being likeable or pleasant.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2016, 02:31:23 PM »

First David Rivera, then Jeb Bush...will Rubio throw yet another "friend" other the bus for political gain? Yikes!

He does it in such a kindly manner though.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2016, 01:25:21 AM »

Considering how both Democratic candidates are close to duds, it would be pretty great to see another Crist-Rubio Senate election.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2016, 07:02:20 PM »

Rubio should run as pro-gun control as soon as he wins the nomination.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2016, 02:32:01 PM »

Murphy really isn't a shoe-in, Grayson could win.

Also, Rubio running is low reward and high risk for him. He loses, and he's done.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2016, 10:22:44 AM »

Trying is nice, but if Rubio does lose, his career is over.

He could always blame his losing on Trump, and still run in 2018 for Governor or President in 2020.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2016, 10:53:54 AM »

Can't wait to see Little Marco get emasculated in his home state twice in one election year.

I believe that the joy of seeing Little Marco lose is something that Hillary supporters, Bernie supporters, Trump supporters, and Cruz supporters can all love.

I guess I'll make the joke about there being no Rubio supporters.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2016, 12:54:47 AM »

Murphy was an idiot for giving them any documents when it was clear how bad it would be. Best to have them speculate based on nothing then to given them the source to claim how much you've been over hyping the record.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2016, 06:12:44 PM »

It would be really nice if in the remaining 4+ hours if Crist were to drop out and run for Senate. Another Rubio-Crist match-up would be golden.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2016, 02:55:58 PM »

The thing is that Alan Grayson isn't Todd Akin has serious viral appeal.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2016, 02:28:01 AM »

Republicans have done equally loathsome things as Grayson and have held elected office again, as I suspect he will, but he'd best drop out from the Senate primary to save himself from being embarrassed.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies