FL-SEN: Is Rubio about to bungle it? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:02:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  FL-SEN: Is Rubio about to bungle it? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL-SEN: Is Rubio about to bungle it?  (Read 103781 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« on: April 11, 2015, 08:15:26 PM »

The FLDems are coalescing around a strong nominee with wide appeal and a proven track record of victory and the RPOF appears set to descend into a pissing match between a bunch of B-list-at-best candidates?

Is this opposite world?

Almost like when the Democrats had an A-list candidate with a track record of victory and the GOP had a pissing match between a bunch of C-list candidates.
Well Bailey imploded spectacularly on the campaign trail (using one of your state's main occupations as an insult tends to not win you any favor) and the national tide turned hard against Democrats in general, two circumstances which (hopefully) will not be repeated here...

I'll dispute that it was just that quote that killed Braley's campaign (he came off as petulant and negative at every appearance and Joni Ernst, for all the crazy talk, had a winning personality and was likable). But my main point is that the look on the outset looks good for the Democrats, but things change. Murphy had a drunk driving arrest, and though I don't think that scandal won't matter much, there are probably other things. Don't get too cocky is all.

Also I don't think the Democrats strategy of putting all of their eggs in one basket is a good one, but that's a conversation for another day.

Braley's biggest mistake was that he didn't follow Harry Reid's strategy to pounce Ernst mercilessly 24/7 for all the crazy things she said. Instead of that he run a rudderless and vacillating campaign allowing his opponent to define herself.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 08:29:10 PM »

Nah he was plenty aggressive toward Ernst. The problem is being aggressive does not work for a guy who comes off as petulant and dickish doing it.

He became aggressive too late when it seemed like desperation. At the beginning he attacked Ernst as if she was a typical Republican.
I remember the guys as DKE being frustrated with Braley's unwillingness to call her out for the crazy things she said in the past and during the campaign.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2016, 05:41:52 PM »

Rubio himself has admitted he hates the senate.
How can he go now and ask Florida's voters with a straight face to send him back where he hates to be?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 06:29:56 PM »

Um, maybe it's just me but I think a candidate saying on tape that he hates being in the senate or that he will vote for TRUMP despite the fact that he doesn't trust him with the nuclear football is a bit more devastating politically that arguing semantics about accounting and whether one is a small business "owner" or not.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2016, 03:24:20 PM »

So, it seems that the bombshell story on Murphy isn't so devastating after all.

http://www.politifact.com/florida/article/2016/jun/29/guide-attacks-patrick-murphys-resume/
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2016, 12:56:48 AM »

Well, that escalated quickly.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2016, 05:10:24 PM »

LOL at Rubio still being considered a rising star. Some people never learn.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2016, 01:02:00 PM »

^^^ Why is Chuck Schumer running ads for his own race? He's up by about 40 points, why run any ads at all? Why even campaign with a lead that big?

I'm guessing his logic is that the larger the marigin of victory, the less chance he draws a strong challenger in 2022. Being majority/minority leader will likely tank his favorables this term.

It's New York. Republicans could run George Washington against him and Schumer would still win in a landslide.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies