Presidential Survivor Discussion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:33:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Presidential Survivor Discussion (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Presidential Survivor Discussion  (Read 13692 times)
Schmitz in 1972
Liberty
United States

« on: May 03, 2005, 04:19:23 PM »

It looks like my man (Pierce) is safe for at least one more round as Grant has the large lead. However, the amount of people who have voted for him nonetheless is distressing.

Do you really want to vote off:

The man who made the 500k residents of Tucson Americans (via the gadsden purchase)?

The man who allowed important WWII islands like Midway to be claimed (via the Guano act)?

The man who made the United States the first western nation to have trade with Japan (via Perry's voyage)?

The man who didn't need a teleprompter (or any notes whatsoever) for his inaugural speech?

The man who actually vetoed bills when they were unconstitutional? (note: the Kansas-Nebraska act may have been morally corrupt, but it was constitutional)

The man whose Navy secretary and Postmaster general made invaluable contributions to their departments which still exist today?

The man who gave his level best a president despite his last living child being killed in a train wreck on the way to Washington?

The man who STOOD ON PRINCIPLE rather than act on what was popular?
Schmitz in 1972
Liberty
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2005, 03:35:55 PM »

Okay.   I've done some first 9 round stats for you guys.       Anyways here they are. 

Of the 9 presidents who have been voted off the island so far, we've had:

3 Democrats
3 Whigs  &
3 Republicans.
Seems like the Whigs don't have much support. Smiley

The only Whig President that's still in the game is Zachary Taylor, and he darn near got voted out in Round 8.   It took a tiebreaker with Andrew Johnson to save him.   

Zachary Taylor is rapidly gaining votes even though Wilson still has a large lead. For my vote I'd probably give the nod to Wilson but for the moment I'll just hold back and watch some more votes come in before I make up my mind. At the moment I'm just glad that Pierce appears safe for at least one more round
Schmitz in 1972
Liberty
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2005, 09:39:49 AM »

Introducing the Liberty List! Now from time to time I'll issue lists of the top 5 presidents that need to be eliminated

1. F Roosevelt - I think this one needs no explanation
2. W Bush - Bono's right, the Bush worshipping from the right has to stop
3. Lincoln - Not as bad as some make him out to be, but still among the worst
4. Jackson - An unintelligent and highly rude bully
5. T Roosevelt - A much more intelligent and polite bully

As for the final five, I'm going to be the first to suggest that Cleveland and Mckinley may be dark horses.
Schmitz in 1972
Liberty
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2005, 11:37:14 PM »

Looks like my list of presidents that need to be voted out needs an update

1. Clinton (While it's true he was mostly good as president, he's too devoid of principle to deserve to stay)
2. Lincoln (Face it, he's got to go sometime)
3. Taft (after all, the 16th amendment was added under his watch)
4. Polk (a bully who dragged us into the unnecessary Mexican War)
5. Jefferson (surprising how the entire stretch from Washington to JQA has flown completely under the radar)
Schmitz in 1972
Liberty
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2005, 05:36:16 PM »

No! Coolidge was a principled decent man and a good president. Vote off Kennedy or Eisenhower or someone like that

BTW I think we have a new winner for the closest, most intense round ever
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies