Presidential Survivor Discussion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:44:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Presidential Survivor Discussion (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Presidential Survivor Discussion  (Read 13716 times)
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« on: April 28, 2005, 05:41:34 PM »

Good Idea, Blue Rectangle.   Initially, I was going to vote for Andrew Jackson this round.  Then I got to thinking that Jesus was right with what he said about FDR.   If FDR makes it to the later stages of this game, he's going to be very difficult to eliminate, so that's why I voted for him this round.  I have nothing against him personally. 
Well, the "Save FDR" campaign seems to have pick up equal steam.
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2005, 08:13:58 AM »

prediction for winner, Gerald Ford, George Washington, William McKinley, James Garfield, or Harry Truman.  Probably one of the five.
I certainly hope that we can have something more creative than a Washington, Jefferson, or Lincoln victory.
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2005, 03:51:58 PM »

they must not under any circumstances list any 20th or early 21 century presidents (from Theodore Roosevelt to George W. Bush) until those presidents from the preceding centuries had already been dealt with.
Wouldn't that effectively be equivalent to just eliminating all the 19th century presidents, and leaving only the 20th century presidents to be voted on?
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2005, 04:33:08 PM »

The mentally unstable partisanship of Democrats shows again, as they contine to deny the greatness of Reagan.  The toppling of the USSR without a war is the greatest single accomplishment of any President with the exception of Lincoln's winning the Civil War.
That is a narrow and parochial view. He permitted an enormous increase in the national debt; his administration was involved in the Iran-Contra affair; his economic policies were largely unsuccesful.

So even though I am right-of-center on fiscal policy, I still voted for Ronald Reagan.
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2005, 08:33:00 PM »

The national debt did not increase as fast as it did under Democrat hero FDR.
I never implied that I had any particular affection for Roosevelt's presidency.

While I applaud Reagan for his tax cuts, his economic policy was, in my view, undermined by the ridiculous increases in defense spending. These absurdly high increases were far from necessary.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Nevertheless, the actions involved contravened the law and the will of Congress.
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2005, 08:41:41 PM »

Meaningless, FDR had to end the Great Depression and win WWII.
Well, to be fair, the increased deficit spending did not end the Great Depression.
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2005, 03:45:58 PM »

Absolutely correct.  Certain Democrats on this board have been on a single-minded crusade to eliminate George W. Bush from day one.
I completely agree, but I wish to add that there have been members of the other party "crusading" to eliminate Democratic Presidents, too. Neither side should bear all of the blame.

We still have some 19th century presidential deadwood to get rid of, e.g. Chester Arthur.

Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2005, 04:16:50 PM »

Some Democrats (EarlAW, jfraud, etc) have voted exclusively for Bush throughout the entire game. The only Republicans who has done that has been StatesRights, ironically, voting for a Republican.
Well, for what it's worth, Lincoln was practically a RINO.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies