Presidential Survivor Discussion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:06:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Presidential Survivor Discussion (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Presidential Survivor Discussion  (Read 13694 times)
DanimalBr

« on: April 27, 2005, 01:08:19 PM »

Good Idea, Blue Rectangle.   Initially, I was going to vote for Andrew Jackson this round.  Then I got to thinking that Jesus was right with what he said about FDR.   If FDR makes it to the later stages of this game, he's going to be very difficult to eliminate, so that's why I voted for him this round.  I have nothing against him personally. 
DanimalBr

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2005, 09:12:04 PM »

Good Idea, Blue Rectangle.   Initially, I was going to vote for Andrew Jackson this round.  Then I got to thinking that Jesus was right with what he said about FDR.   If FDR makes it to the later stages of this game, he's going to be very difficult to eliminate, so that's why I voted for him this round.  I have nothing against him personally. 
Well, the "Save FDR" campaign seems to have pick up equal steam.

I figgured it would.    That's why I figgured it's best to go after him now whether than wait until the end of the game.  I have nothing against him personally, but he is not one I want to see win. 
DanimalBr

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2005, 10:32:46 AM »

For the most part, most of the board has been set asside their partisanship and agreed to get rid of the dead wood, no-name presidents of the 1800s first.   The only semi-big name to get ousted is Andrew Jackson.    We've had some smaller movements to try to get rid of George W. Bush, FDR, and Lincoln, but as of yet they haven't picked up enough steam.     I honestly don't know who's gonna win right now.   There's still to many left on the island to really get a feel for it.   

I must say though that I'm pretty surprised that not one vote has yet been cast for Richard Nixon or Bill Clinton.   Both are presidents whose legacies will forever be scorched by scandals.   Yet both men have so far gone under the radar in this game. 
DanimalBr

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2005, 05:54:15 PM »
« Edited: May 03, 2005, 07:14:22 PM by DanimalBr »

Okay.   I've done some first 9 round stats for you guys.       Anyways here they are. 

Of the 9 presidents who have been voted off the island so far, we've had:

3 Democrats
3 Whigs  &
3 Republicans.

Presidents that as of yet have not recieved even one single vote to be eliminated are:

Thomas Jefferson
James Madison
Martin Van Buren
James K. Polk
Chester A. Arthur
Grover Cleveland
Benjaman Harrison
William McKinley
Harry Truman
Dwight D. Eisenhower
John F. Kennedy
Gerald Ford
George H. W. Bush
Bill Clinton

DanimalBr

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2005, 06:13:11 PM »

Presidents that as of yet have not recieved even one single vote to be eliminated are:

Thomas Jefferson
James Madison
Martin Van Buren
James K. Polk
Chester A. Arthur
Grover Cleveland
Benjaman Harrison
William McKinley
Harry Truman
Dwight D. Eisenhower
John F. Kennedy
Gerald Ford
George H. W. Bush
Bill Clinton
Jefferson, Truman and Kennedy will make the final 5 (just a random prediction).

I agree about Jefferson and Truman.   But I don't know if JFK has enough appeal amongst the Republicans to make it that far.   The guys who will make it to the final 5 will be somebody that has appeal amongst both parties.   That's why FDR, Reagan, Lincoln, and GWB will not make it that far.   
DanimalBr

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2005, 07:10:41 PM »

Is anybody surprised by any of the results so far?  Is there anybody who has been voted out in the 1st 10 that you thought would last longer?   And is there anybody who's still in the game that you thought for sure would be out by now?
DanimalBr

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2005, 12:56:44 AM »

let's make our next attack Bill Clinton.  They'll never expect it :  )

One of my biggest surprises in this game so far is that Slick Willy has gone completly under the radar. 
DanimalBr

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2005, 02:11:52 AM »

Washington needs to go soon, along with Lincoln. Final will be Teddy Roosevelt and Harry Truman most likely.

Jake, out of curiosity, why do you want to get rid of George Washington?
DanimalBr

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2005, 11:27:17 AM »

Okay.   I've done some first 9 round stats for you guys.       Anyways here they are. 

Of the 9 presidents who have been voted off the island so far, we've had:

3 Democrats
3 Whigs  &
3 Republicans.
Seems like the Whigs don't have much support. Smiley

The only Whig President that's still in the game is Zachary Taylor, and he darn near got voted out in Round 8.   It took a tiebreaker with Andrew Johnson to save him.   
DanimalBr

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2005, 04:38:06 PM »

Thomas Jefferson
James Madison
Martin Van Buren
James K. Polk
Chester A. Arthur
Grover Cleveland
Benjaman Harrison
William McKinley
Harry Truman
Gerald Ford
George H. W. Bush
DanimalBr

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2005, 11:52:43 PM »

y'know, I'm about ready to vote off George W Bush next round.  We need the liberals to shut the hell up, and they won't go away until we do.  I suggest Republicans "take a fall" for round 15.  That way it'll be even for getting LBJ off last round, (and possibly FDR this one).

And what makes you think they'll stop with George W. Bush?   I'm almost positive once he's gone they'll go after Reagan and Bush Sr.   
DanimalBr

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2005, 12:13:14 PM »

Introducing the Liberty List! Now from time to time I'll issue lists of the top 5 presidents that need to be eliminated

4. Jackson - An unintelligent and highly rude bully

Jackson's been eliminated already.   
DanimalBr

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2005, 05:51:21 PM »

I'm rooting for Grover Cleveland, personally.

I ask again, do we need to vot ehim out twice?

No.  We do not need to vote him out twice.   Once is good enough. 
DanimalBr

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2005, 05:55:12 PM »

Tredrick, Grover Cleveland does not need to get eliminated twice.   I know he had two separate presidencies, but he is one man and only needs to get voted out once to be out of the game for good. 
DanimalBr

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2005, 10:39:31 PM »

DanimalBr:
Congrats, you found a way to make the History forum more popular; all it needed was some bitter partisanship Wink

Thanks, Blue Rectangle.  I think in the past 2 weeks, the history forum probably has gotten more hits then it has in the past year.   The funny thing was on the day I started it, I wasn't sure where to do it.   At first I went to the "Fantasy Elections" thread but was immediately run out of there, so I locked that thread and came to the history forum.  Turns out to be a perfect match for it.  Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies