FL-PPP: Hillary leads all Pubs
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 08:06:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  FL-PPP: Hillary leads all Pubs
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: FL-PPP: Hillary leads all Pubs  (Read 16427 times)
Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2015, 12:59:37 PM »

I would put it:
PA
NH
WI
VA
IA
CO
OH
FL
NC
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2015, 04:51:30 PM »

Florida could be to the left of the national average in 2016 without Jeb as the nominee. Hillary is a perfect fit for Florida , while Obama was a bad one. All those transplanted New Yorkers and old people will love her.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2015, 10:34:31 AM »

I'm surprised that in a sample of voters in which a majority disapprove of Hillary Clinton, 47% would still vote for her over Jeb Bush.

A majority of Kentucky voters disapproved of Mitch McConnell and he had very low favorables, yet the Bluegrass State still elected him by 15-16 points. Not that surprising. High favorabilities (if that's even a word) does not guarantee a safe election.

I find it hilarious how despite how "polarizing" she is, she still defeats the establishment candidate.

It is Barack Obama who is so polarizing. That becomes much less of a factor in 2016.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2015, 03:05:52 PM »

I would put it:
PA
NH
WI
VA
IA
CO
OH
FL
NC

Depending on candidate, Wisconsin and Virginia might be interchangeable.
bobloblaw
« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2015, 04:20:20 PM »

More like he got out of Dodge right before Florida's housing market collapsed, so Floridians don't remember that he did nothing to prevent the bubble from forming in the first place.

That isnt the Governor's job. The Gov doesnt control mortgage rates, the money supply or leadning rules on federally chartered banks
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2016, 10:48:03 PM »

Her favorability is 41/51. She has to do something about that or it will be lethal against a non-joke candidate.

Both Biden and Obama are now more popular. In a few months, former Hillary supporters will be saying "I never said she was inevitable".

LOL. I think I'm gonna bookmark this comment for future comedic value. I hope you like eggs, because you'll be having a lot of them on your face this time next year.

By the way, you're objectively incorrect. According to Pollster, Hillary is in the green while Obama and Biden are in the red.

(Also, I just noticed these posts were made at the same exact time AM/PM. Weird.)

Well, I did have it bookmarked, but didn't notice it until now. jfern, where art thou?

RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2016, 07:06:15 PM »

Her favorability is 41/51. She has to do something about that or it will be lethal against a non-joke candidate.

Both Biden and Obama are now more popular. In a few months, former Hillary supporters will be saying "I never said she was inevitable".

LOL. I think I'm gonna bookmark this comment for future comedic value. I hope you like eggs, because you'll be having a lot of them on your face this time next year.

By the way, you're objectively incorrect. According to Pollster, Hillary is in the green while Obama and Biden are in the red.

(Also, I just noticed these posts were made at the same exact time AM/PM. Weird.)

Well, I did have it bookmarked, but didn't notice it until now. jfern, where art thou?

Make it raw eggs.  That looks too tasty. Tongue
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2017, 06:38:34 AM »

LOL
BundouYMB

« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2017, 11:24:34 AM »

LOL

Dunno why you quoted this since IceSpear was right and you were wrong. You said "in a few months" and he posted that after you were proved wrong.
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2017, 04:06:17 PM »

Christ on a Cracker.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2017, 04:10:07 PM »

LOL

Dunno why you quoted this since IceSpear was right and you were wrong. You said "in a few months" and he posted that after you were proved wrong.

I just love that image. Good old IceSpear, in his defense, while he always said Clinton would win the nomination, he also steadfastly maintained that Trump very well could win the General.
Keep cool-idge
Benjamin Harrison he is w
United States

« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2017, 11:23:43 PM »

Hillary's not going to do as well with any minority group when compared to Obama because she is not a minority. I don't know why this is so hard to understand. Even other black candidates for statewide and federal office haven't been able to pull the numbers that Obama did nationally (93-96%, depending on the election and state). Virtually every non-Obama candidate in recent history gets 90% of the black vote. Hillary will too. The whole shtick of "the Republicans have been super bad toward blacks in the past few years and Obama levels of support are going to hold" (not necessarily mentioned in this thread, but it's out there) is ridiculous. They've been bad toward them for decades. The real question is: what will turnout look like?

Latinos and Asians are going to swing back, too, so let's not kid ourselves. It might only be to 2008 levels, but we're way out of sync with where their levels of support should be. These groups are not on their way to becoming new equivalents of the black vote in terms of support. Especially if the Republicans nominate someone who isn't a complete racist in appearance, the combination of party fatigue, her stuffiness, her race, her gender (which will affect non-white male voters to a degree, just as it will white male voters), and the historical deviation from the mean all paint the same picture.

The real question, perhaps, is whether a potential swing towards Hillary in the white female vote (and to a lesser degree, the non-white female vote) will cancel out these effects, and if not entirely, by how much.
Congrats you were right.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies