IN-Sen: Coats retiring
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:03:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  IN-Sen: Coats retiring
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8
Author Topic: IN-Sen: Coats retiring  (Read 21947 times)
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2015, 10:04:32 PM »

http://talkbusiness.net/2014/12/beebe-discusses-early-career-legacy-and-retirement-with-brummett/
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2015, 10:07:23 PM »

As far as shutting down talk that you might run for a Senate seat, that's pretty weak tea.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2015, 10:15:38 PM »

Speaking for myself, I appreciated RogueBeaver posting those tweets here.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2015, 08:49:10 AM »

Hoosiers, who are the likeliest candidates?

Isn't asking this a bit pointless if you're just going to spam the thread with who is/isn't running?

It's not spam.  Spam is junk, RogueBeaver's posts were legitimate contributions to the thread.

RogueBeaver is doing a great job in both 2016 and Congressional boards. The forum is lucky to have him.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2015, 09:46:32 AM »

How strong is the Dem bench in IN-2?  Any chance we could retake it if Walorski runs for Senate (given the 2012 result I'd think it'd be a real possibility with the right type of candidate).
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2015, 02:17:56 PM »

Isn't asking this a bit pointless if you're just going to spam the thread with who is/isn't running?

Except that's actually important information.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2015, 03:55:47 PM »

Holcomb's resume is sufficient for a House seat, but it's difficult for me to see a party-chair/staffer get a non-sacrificial lamb Senate nomination. Stutzman seems likely to run too, but he's very TP and he's got a lot of enemies. There have to be more people coming. There's been some buzz around Todd Young, hasn't there?

I feel like there could be a very large clown-car emerging here on the Republican side
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2015, 04:01:20 PM »

Except that's actually important information.

Seriously. If what RogueBeaver is posting is spam, then the whole forum is spam.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2015, 04:21:44 PM »
« Edited: March 25, 2015, 04:30:38 PM by SMilo »

How strong is the Dem bench in IN-2?  Any chance we could retake it if Walorski runs for Senate (given the 2012 result I'd think it'd be a real possibility with the right type of candidate).

Can't pretend to know that much, but:

South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg has an extremely impressive resume: Harvard, Rhodes Scholar, Naval Lieutenant and got elected as Mayor just shy of his 30th birthday in 2011. Also a musician and hometown kid. Running for re-election later this year.

The two stains: Losing statewide to Richard Mourdock in 2010 (but it was 2010...) and tying Bloomberg for Mayor of the Year (sort of an accomplishment but he couldn't beat a statist Tongue)

Brendan Mullen didn't do too poorly in 2012 despite Walorski having pretty good name recognition from her 2010 loss. Donnelly and Walorski were both losers prior to their elections to this seat so there's some precedent there. Pro-life, pro-gun, could make it close.

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2015, 05:17:50 PM »

Holcomb's resume is sufficient for a House seat, but it's difficult for me to see a party-chair/staffer get a non-sacrificial lamb Senate nomination. Stutzman seems likely to run too, but he's very TP and he's got a lot of enemies. There have to be more people coming. There's been some buzz around Todd Young, hasn't there?

I feel like there could be a very large clown-car emerging here on the Republican side

From what I've read, it doesn't sound like Young is very interested.  On a different note, can someone please explain why the Democrats randomly stopped competing for IN-8?
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2015, 05:42:42 PM »

From what I've read, it doesn't sound like Young is very interested.  On a different note, can someone please explain why the Democrats randomly stopped competing for IN-8?
Under the 2012-2020 drawing, it's r+8. Only winnable in a 2006/8 style year, which 2014 was never going to be. Plus, Rep. Buchshon is popular and ran ahead of the PVI in both '12 and '14. Democrats have far better targets for 16, so no sense aiming at the Longshot IN-8.

RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2015, 05:49:57 PM »

Holcomb will announce tomorrow. Stutzman seems close to announcing, Hill seems likeliest to enter for Dems.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2015, 06:01:29 PM »

Under the 2012-2020 drawing, it's r+8. Only winnable in a 2006/8 style year, which 2014 was never going to be. Plus, Rep. Buchshon is popular and ran ahead of the PVI in both '12 and '14. Democrats have far better targets for 16, so no sense aiming at the Longshot IN-8.

From what I've heard and read Bucshon's a pretty meh incumbent, hardly a super-entrenched force to be reckoned with.  I also disagree about it being only on the table in a wave.  PVI isn't everything and a strong candidate like Ellsworth or Weinzapfel could certainly put it on the table in even a neutral year, especially with Presidential year turnout.
Senate Minority Leader Lord Voldemort
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: -5.91

« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2015, 06:03:08 PM »

From what I've heard and read Bucshon's a pretty meh incumbent, hardly a super-entrenched force to be reckoned with.  I also disagree about it being only on the table in a wave.  PVI isn't everything and a strong candidate like Ellsworth or Weinzapfel could certainly put it on the table in even a neutral year, especially with Presidential year turnout.

They don't call it the "Bloody Eighth" for nothing.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2015, 05:28:45 PM »

1.You left out that, in that article, it states that Bayh isn't interested in running.

2.For the last time, will you please stop spamming the thread! Cheesy
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2015, 05:34:01 PM »

Why the Bayh speculation? hasn't he already ruled out a return to politics? I guess he could change his mind but that's unlikely.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2015, 05:54:28 PM »

Coats retiring... again.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #67 on: March 26, 2015, 10:40:17 PM »

Why the Bayh speculation? hasn't he already ruled out a return to politics? I guess he could change his mind but that's unlikely.
He ruled out running for the Senate seat while it looked like Coats might not retire. Though, I am beginning to think he's going to sit it out as well. That 10 million bucks and popular candidate would have been sure useful next November though.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2015, 01:49:03 AM »

I'm backing Stutzman. He's been a solid congressman and a solid former state senator. Yes he's TP (so am I). I've spoken with him and we had a good conversation on currency issues. He's also a member of the Liberty Caucus (so is my congressman Rokita) and he'd be in good company in the senate (Rand Paul, Ted Cruz et al)
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #69 on: March 31, 2015, 01:55:30 AM »

I'm backing Stutzman. He's been a solid congressman and a solid former state senator. Yes he's TP (so am I). I've spoken with him and we had a good conversation on currency issues. He's also a member of the Liberty Caucus (so is my congressman Rokita) and he'd be in good company in the senate (Rand Paul, Ted Cruz et al)
That's terrifying.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #70 on: March 31, 2015, 09:40:47 PM »

That's terrifying.

How so
Brewer
BrewerPaul

Political Matrix
E: -6.90, S: -6.17

« Reply #71 on: March 31, 2015, 10:04:57 PM »

That's terrifying.

How so

Not really terrifying, he'll probably just get constantly overshadowed like poor Mike Lee.
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: March 31, 2015, 10:20:16 PM »

That's terrifying.

How so

The fact that Ted Cruz is considered "good company" is horrifying. Name literally any other senator and it wouldn't be terrifying.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #73 on: March 31, 2015, 10:25:59 PM »

That's terrifying.

How so

The fact that Ted Cruz is considered "good company" is horrifying. Name literally any other senator and it wouldn't be terrifying.

Inhofe? Crapo? Tillis (who never washes his hands)?
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #74 on: April 01, 2015, 01:57:26 AM »

That's terrifying.

How so

Inhofe? Crapo? Tillis (who never washes his hands)?

Tillis is just a schmuck and Crapo does nothing. But alright, Inhofe's pretty bad.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies