How would you replace/fix ObamaCare? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:11:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  How would you replace/fix ObamaCare? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How would you replace/fix ObamaCare?  (Read 7439 times)
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: March 24, 2015, 06:35:33 PM »

I'm reasonably happy with Obamacare. My only criticism is that it relies too much on employer provided health insurance, which can cause problems with job loss, tying employees down etc. Therefore I'd make the following changes.

1) Remove the requirement for employer provided insurance for companies over X employees
2) Remove corporate tax credits for health insurance
3) Encourage employers to provide health benefits by subsidizing insurance bought individually on exchanges rather than providing their own policies.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 03:34:22 PM »

How many people at >400% of poverty don't receive subsidized insurance through their jobs? I make less than that and I get my insurance through my employer.

It would be a salary just over $60,000 for a single-person household, and higher for any more people than that, so I doubt it's very common. Still, though, a plumber in business for himself who makes $61,500 a year may have to spend well over 9% of his income to buy insurance on the Exchange, especially if he's older.

This. The trades and professions have plenty of highish earners who are self-employed/belong to small firms.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies