Party Links and Explanations
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:53:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Party Links and Explanations
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Party Links and Explanations  (Read 1479 times)
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 14, 2005, 04:11:26 PM »

I would like to ask all party chairmans to provide a link to their party's site and a brief explanation of what their party's views are for me to post in the SoFA thread.  Thank you to all the party chairmen.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2005, 04:51:50 PM »

This will be really helpful because i dont know the difference between any of the parties here.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2005, 04:54:09 PM »

This will be really helpful because i dont know the difference between any of the parties here.

Then why did you register Independent Liberal?  Not that it's a bad choice, but why register with a party if you dont know anything about it?
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2005, 04:58:00 PM »

good question. The reason i registered this way is because i read over alot of Peter Bell has had to say on issues, and i agree with his views. I do not, however know much about most of the other parties. I should have clearer in original post.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2005, 05:27:34 PM »

Our website is not up yet but our forums are (only ACA members can access it).

http://afrnc.mikeassad.com/boards/index.php?c=1

The Atlasian Conservative Alliance believes in social and economic conservativism. Our main goals are for smaller government, responsible spending and traditional, common sense social policy.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2005, 05:31:13 PM »

The Atlasian Conservative Alliance believes in social and economic conservativism. Our main goals are for smaller government, responsible spending and traditional, common sense social policy.

Is that the explanation you want me to put in the SoFA thread?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2005, 05:33:36 PM »

Is that the explanation you want me to put in the SoFA thread?

Yes.
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2005, 11:23:53 PM »

As the unofficial Chairman of the Libertarians, I guess it’s my duty to write this *sigh*:

The Libertarians believe in Freedom, most importantly freedom from Government.  The Government shouldn’t intervene in your daily life.  We also believe that everyone should keep what is theirs and not take that which isn’t.

Oh, and we don’t have a website yet, but I asked someone to make something for us, so it shouldn’t be too long.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2005, 11:31:30 PM »

The Constitutional Union Party website is here:

http://union.idpt.com/

And the Constitutional Union Party forum is here:

http://king.serverbob.org/union/index.php

However, considering that the party's founder, htmldon, ran this website and no longer is active, the new chairman, Sam Spade, has been keeping our party information updated in this thread here:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=21061.0

For our explanation, I will simply quote from the beginning of the Union Party platform:

The Constitutional Union Party is a libertarian party of the center-right and we accentuate personal liberty, a strong national defense, and capitalism. Unlike other political organizations, though, we encourage our members to always support ideas that have strong merit and proof of effectiveness, regardless of their ideological foundations. We believe that ideology often gets in the way of progress and unnecessarily divides people by cultural, racial, and religious boundaries. Science, reason, and common sense are our primary values.

I would like for you to post all of this stuff, True Democrat.

If htmldon returns, hopefully we can count on his website.  If not, I will utilize the above-posted thread in the future, until I can put the Union Party stuff on a website myself or someone volunteers to do so.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2005, 01:34:47 AM »

There is no FP website, but I'll provide a link to our convention when it happens which will include a review of the platform and speeches from our leaders.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2005, 09:23:46 AM »

There is no FP website, but I'll provide a link to our convention when it happens which will include a review of the platform and speeches from our leaders.

I just need a short explanation.  Probably just a couple of lines i the SoFA thread to give new member an idea of what each party stands for.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2005, 01:44:21 PM »

Indpendent Liberal Party

The Independent Liberal Party stands for Social Liberalism in society combined with an economic policy that keeps a check on the size of government whilst providing fully for our nation's future through education. Independent Liberals stand to fight against corruption and for a healthy, active Atlasian government.

http://www.progressnj.com/atlaswiki/index.php/Independent_Liberal_Party

I'll generally put all the party stuff on the wiki article as I do with the Caucus.
Tory

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2005, 01:55:54 PM »
« Edited: May 15, 2005, 02:02:53 PM by Tory »

The Radical Party

http://www.freewebs.com/atlasradicalparty/

The party combines a strong commitment to social justice and social provision with a strong belief in economic freedom and a competitive, deregulated free-market.

Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2005, 02:36:13 PM »

Farmer Labor Party

The Farmer Labor Party is a Progressive Populist Party. We stand for social justice, helping those who can't help themselves and sticking up for the little guy. We don't have official positions on wedge issues and are happy to accept people with all kinds of views on them.
We have a democratic party structure (some recent changes aren't up on the website yet. They are on our forum, linked to on the site, though) and semi-regular Party Conferances.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2005, 05:28:50 PM »

Bump

I still need more party explanations.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2005, 10:18:25 AM »

BUMP

I still need more parties.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2005, 05:34:29 PM »

Get approval from Ford and Supersoulty before you use this, but this might be a good one for the Freedom Party:

The Freedom Party believes in promoting a fair and competive economy, giving all Atlasians opportunities to succeed, a strong national defense and a principled foreign policy, responsible and pro-family social values.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2005, 06:15:18 PM »

Get approval from Ford and Supersoulty before you use this, but this might be a good one for the Freedom Party:

The Freedom Party believes in promoting a fair and competive economy, giving all Atlasians opportunities to succeed, a strong national defense and a principled foreign policy, responsible and pro-family social values.

Preston I believe thats the description for the Cosmo Kramer Party not the Freedom Party.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies