Ted Cruz to use ObamaCare
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:09:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Ted Cruz to use ObamaCare
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ted Cruz to use ObamaCare  (Read 827 times)
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 24, 2015, 03:57:48 PM »

Ted Cruz going on Obamacare
http://www.cnn.com//2015/03/24/politics/ted-cruz-obamacare/index.html

LOL
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 04:02:42 PM »

he'll probably be one of the first at the death panels
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 04:24:42 PM »

Terrible journalism by CNN. Cruz makes too much money to qualify for a subsidy and he doesn't buy through the exchanges if he's getting insurance through an employer.

The media is awful at explaining what Obamacare is to the people because they're too busy following Asian plane crashes and flying video drones to research it themselves.
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 05:10:27 PM »

Terrible journalism by CNN. Cruz makes too much money to qualify for a subsidy and he doesn't buy through the exchanges if he's getting insurance through an employer.

Members of Congress and their staffers are required to purchase their insurance on the federal marketplace. This purchase is partially covered by an employer subsidy. ("In 2014,
the maximum government contribution for full-time employees is $426.14 per month for self only
coverage and $948.18 per month for self and family coverage.") The story behind this provision of the law is an odd one:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

It's still a stupid question to badger a candidate over, particularly one like Cruz who has said (and seems to believe) plenty of questionable things that deserve the public's attention.

More worryingly, this is the first time that I've ever heard the expression "going on Obamacare." I'm hoping that's a CNN innovation ("Is Ebola the ISIS of biological agents?") and not something that ordinary people actually say.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2015, 06:29:06 PM »

Members of Congress and their staffers are required to purchase their insurance on the federal marketplace. This purchase is partially covered by an employer subsidy. ("In 2014,
the maximum government contribution for full-time employees is $426.14 per month for self only
coverage and $948.18 per month for self and family coverage.") The story behind this provision of the law is an odd one:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

It's still a stupid question to badger a candidate over, particularly one like Cruz who has said (and seems to believe) plenty of questionable things that deserve the public's attention.

More worryingly, this is the first time that I've ever heard the expression "going on Obamacare." I'm hoping that's a CNN innovation ("Is Ebola the ISIS of biological agents?") and not something that ordinary people actually say.

Unfortunately, I know at least one person who has said his family was "enrolling in Obamacare."
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2015, 07:19:07 PM »

Ah yes. I remember that has more of a weird threat than something that actually got into the bill, but so it did. Still, the idea of being "on the exchange" and "on Obamacare" is totally false.
AggregateDemand
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2015, 07:36:46 PM »

Everyone is on Obamacare. That's the point. You must participate, unless you're able to fake a religious exemption.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2015, 08:32:50 PM »

this is the best day ever
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2015, 11:32:39 PM »

Everyone is on Obamacare. That's the point. You must participate, unless you're able to fake a religious exemption.

Saying you're on Obamacare is like saying you had an oven for lunch. The oven isn't actually your lunch, the pizza that you get from the oven is.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2015, 01:09:30 AM »

I'll happily vote for "Republican Primary Debate Stage Struck by Meteor - No Survivors", but failing that, I'll probably end up voting for "whoever the Greens run" unless the Republican is really scary. In the latter case, because I do live in a swing state, I'll reluctantly vote for the lesser evil.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2015, 01:11:36 AM »

BREAKING: Ted Cruz found licking subway-poles, in bold and brave attempt to get very sick and bankrupt Obamacare once and for all
bobloblaw
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2015, 03:19:04 PM »

Unlike Obama, Cruz obeys the law. Lots of people are stuck with Obamacare because they have been threatened by the government if they dont sign up for expensive, high deductible unnecessary coverage insurance. Doesnt mean they like it or support it.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies