538 Republican Presidential Odds: Bush, Walker, and Rubio at the top (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:19:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  538 Republican Presidential Odds: Bush, Walker, and Rubio at the top (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 538 Republican Presidential Odds: Bush, Walker, and Rubio at the top  (Read 4485 times)
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: March 25, 2015, 12:37:30 AM »

Where's Kasich? If they're going to give Bobby Jindal 3%, Kasich's gotta be at like 4 or 5.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 01:45:11 AM »

For the life of me, I can't even comprehend how absolutely delusional Rubio must be in order to give up his prominent Senate seat in order to make a quixotic charge at the Republican nomination that we all know he has no chance of winning. I know the presidency is alluring, but man. There must have been some good stuff in that Poland Spring water.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 02:04:22 AM »

Why anyone would want to be Vice President is beyond me.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 02:08:38 AM »

Yeah, I guess Joe Biden does get to eat a lot of vanilla ice cream.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 02:14:35 AM »

The thing is, Rubio is very young. Why can't he afford to wait one cycle and another totally ignored Republican autopsy to run?
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2015, 11:58:48 AM »

Is it 2012 again? Why is Rubio doing so well?

And please, not Jindal
Rubio is no one's first choice for the nomination, but I have a feeling that he is a lot of people's second or third choice. He does well among polls asking if you support so and so, but not among polls where you have to pick just one candidate to support.

Also, Jindal destroyed what was left of Louisiana after Katrina and replaced it with condos. He has about as much chance as Hillary Clinton of being the Republican nominee for the presidency.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2015, 12:14:14 PM »

Cruz is going to destroy Jeb and make Walker into the new establishment candidate. Add Rand Paul into the mix and Rubio has no angle for a candidacy.
As a Democrat, that is too much to hope for.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2015, 12:24:28 PM »
« Edited: March 25, 2015, 12:30:04 PM by Ebsy »

Cruz is going to destroy Jeb and make Walker into the new establishment candidate. Add Rand Paul into the mix and Rubio has no angle for a candidacy.
As a Democrat, that is too much to hope for.

Is it? Walker is the strongest candidate.
What's he going to run on? His record of bankrupting Wisconsin?

He might be the strongest candidate from this moment, but his rise in the polls looks like an early peak to me.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2015, 12:41:10 PM »

A federal balanced budget amendment would be perhaps the stupidest thing America ever could do, but I do agree that Kasich would be a very strong candidate, though he is currently being largely ignored by the press in favor of people with zero chance like Jindal, Cruz, and Rubio.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2015, 02:00:17 PM »

If Wisconsin is in such great shape then why are they about to cut 300 million dollars from the University of Wisconsin system in order to plug a gigantic 2 billion dollar budget hole caused by reckless tax cuts and poor planning with the unexpected revenue? All in a fiscal conservative's day's work, I would imagine.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies