Oklahomans deal with some...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:06:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Oklahomans deal with some...
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Oklahomans deal with some...  (Read 586 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 25, 2015, 05:47:47 AM »
« edited: March 25, 2015, 06:19:13 AM by Snowguy716 »

http://youtu.be/Q7X3fyId2U0

A well made video documenting a tornado that at one point was two and a half miles wide.

Luckily this season has been the quietest ever recorded so far for severe weather.  But that can change.  Tornado season ramps up in March and the season peaks in April through June.  The US averages 1400 tornadoes each year...far and away the most of anywhere else on earth.

http://youtu.be/NgkTdIECYtk

A terrifying recreation of what the 5 worst natural disasters sound like from a first person perspective.  You can guess which earned number one.

What I don't get is Oklahomans' fear of ISIS, for example, when that experience is literally one of the most terrifying things you can subject a human to...and they live with it year after year.

But then maybe ISIS should be quarantined in Moore, OK for the rest of their lives with no basements or storm shelters. 
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 07:58:17 AM »

Bushie?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 08:33:41 AM »

The bad thing is we're used to the sound of tornadoes, so we've become somewhat numb to it.  Nowadays, some people, especially rednecks, will sit on their front porch with a lemonade and watch the tornado go by instead of taking the proper tornado precautions.  That's not too much of an exaggeration, either.  Most of Oklahoma respects Mother Nature, but are no longer terrified by her.  We have some of the best trained meteorologists in the country in both Oklahoma City and Tulsa as well as one of the premiere meteorology schools in the country at the University of Oklahoma.  You really can't go wrong with any of the channels (NBC, ABC, CBS, or FOX) in Oklahoma to follow severe weather.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 04:22:25 PM »

I would absolutely kill to go storm chasing in Oklahoma and the rest of Tornado Alley for one spring.  My god that would be absolutely exhilarating.  I've had a fascination with severe weather and specifically tornado since I was a child.  I used to draw pictures of the them and my parents got me a VHS tape that showed footage from dozens of different storms dating from the 1950s to the early 90s.  I yet to see a tornado or even a waterspout in person, although I cleaned up debris at my local swim club from a very, very minor one that touched down in my town for a few seconds.   
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 11:04:51 PM »

A tornado was supposed to be near my area... That's why I drank so much.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 07:25:16 AM »

God is punishing them for being a boil on the asshole of the nation.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies