Mid-2014 county population estimates out tomorrow, March 26 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:50:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Mid-2014 county population estimates out tomorrow, March 26 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mid-2014 county population estimates out tomorrow, March 26  (Read 28496 times)
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« on: August 28, 2015, 07:37:40 PM »

Have the new population stats been loaded into DRA?
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 08:31:34 PM »

Have the new population stats been loaded into DRA?

No, one needs to take the 7-1-14 census population estimates, extrapolate them thought to 4-1-2010 based on the annualized percentage change, and use the new county population numbers, and prorate for chopped counties. Using a spreadsheet, one can move county numbers from CD to CD, until the map "works" population wise, or gets close, without undue erosty, and then do the chops. At least that is the way I do it.
Yurggh, sounds boring. Tongue I hate redistricting using a spreadsheet; it takes all the fun out of it.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2015, 09:39:34 PM »

Grijalva, it should be noted, is a pretty liberal guy--he is one of the most left-wing members of Congress, and is co-chair of the Progressive Caucus. He would love a map where he were to lose his district's pubbie bits, particularly Yuma.

Of course, I imagine that Arizona's growth is going to be a little asymmetrical--the territory outside of Maricopa is growing slower than inside.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies