Female VP Choices for Hillary? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:34:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Female VP Choices for Hillary? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Female VP Choices for Hillary?  (Read 3547 times)
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: March 25, 2015, 06:57:07 PM »
« edited: March 25, 2015, 07:06:27 PM by Ebsy »

Warren, Hassan, McCaskill, or Klobuchar.

Gillibrand is unconstitutional (The President and VP have to be from different states).
No they don't. New York would be the only state that could not cast electoral votes for Gilibrand, as per article 12, states must choose a President and Vice President, "one of whom, at least, shall not be an inhabitant of the same state with themselves;"
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 07:14:00 PM »
« Edited: March 25, 2015, 09:14:30 PM by Ebsy »

Yes, I totally agree. I don't think Clinton will choose Gilibrand.

Also, there is no chance in hell of McCaskill becoming VP. Democrats need her in the Senate and are we so quick to forget McCaskill and Clinton's very public feud during the 2008 primary when McCaskill(along with Granholm and Napolitano) endorsed Obama over Clinton, which really was the point in which the nomination fight started moving decisively against Clinton. Sure, Claire might have endorsed Clinton and they've largely made up, but it would be quite a stretch for Hillary to put her ont he ticket as VP.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 09:34:59 PM »

I think if Hillary would choose another woman, she'd choose Kirsten Gillibrand: she's young, she's liberal, she's a fresh face. Like hurricanehink said, Cheney lived in Texas, but he changed his residence to Wyoming in 2000. Hillary could just as easily change hers to Arkansas.
I think that would leave a bad taste in everyone's mouth, especially after she basically ran a campaign for a US Senate seat in New York out of the White House way back in 1999-2000. My father is still angry about that. The optics of switching back to Arkansas will be extremely negative.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 09:38:11 AM »

There's been talk of Klobuchar for one of the upcoming Supreme Court vacancies.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2015, 09:58:19 AM »

I think putting Klobuchar in RBG's seat would be an acceptable loss for Democrats in the Senate.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies