Downdate I: The Saga Begins
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:10:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Downdate I: The Saga Begins
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Downdate I: The Saga Begins  (Read 363 times)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 25, 2015, 09:37:32 PM »

Today in Moore, Oklahoma, an F1 tornado touched down in the middle of a busy street and proceeded to destroy a dozen or so powerlines, renovate a 7/11 that was opened in 1985, and remind everyone still living in Moore, Oklahoma that they still are a bunch of Morons.

More to come.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 09:48:26 PM »

Also, friends and relatives advise against cheap places to live, noting that such places are usually ghetto.  However, expensive places filled much with rich white asshole.  Please advise.
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 10:05:30 PM »
« Edited: March 25, 2015, 10:09:29 PM by traininthedistance »

Also, friends and relatives advise against cheap places to live, noting that such places are usually ghetto.  However, expensive places filled much with rich white asshole.  Please advise.

"Ghetto" is of course prejudiced BS, even if it served as a practical safety tip in 1980 it was still super sh*tty and is certainly not worth paying attention to today in an age of low and falling crime.  I'd pay it no mind.

Though there of course is the risk that if you move into a cheap enough place *you* become the rich asshole, and is that what you want to be?

My stock answer is of course "move to one of Philly/Pittsburgh/Baltimore" but I imagine that's not super helpful in your situation.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 10:33:54 PM »

Also, friends and relatives advise against cheap places to live, noting that such places are usually ghetto.  However, expensive places filled much with rich white asshole.  Please advise.

"Ghetto" is of course prejudiced BS, even if it served as a practical safety tip in 1980 it was still super sh*tty and is certainly not worth paying attention to today in an age of low and falling crime.  I'd pay it no mind.

Though there of course is the risk that if you move into a cheap enough place *you* become the rich asshole, and is that what you want to be?

My stock answer is of course "move to one of Philly/Pittsburgh/Baltimore" but I imagine that's not super helpful in your situation.

So are you saying I should become an innercity urbanite and avoid lame suburbs?

Wow, that's actually really good advice.

I can't imagine where I would be in my house search if I didn't hear this.  Thank you my friend, I will strongly consider this when I am looking at Zillow.com for places to rent when my lease at my overpriced apartment is up.

Thank goodness I have an openmind and can take honest advice!
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 11:00:47 PM »

I can't imagine where I would be in my house search if I didn't hear this.  Thank you my friend, I will strongly consider this when I am looking at Zillow.com for places to rent when my lease at my overpriced apartment is up.

I can tell from your completely non-sarcastic reply that I've opened your mind up to a whole new world!  You're oh so very welcome!

(Seriously, hope things are alright for you out there.)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 05:21:32 AM »

I can tell from your completely non-sarcastic reply that I've opened your mind up to a whole new world!  You're oh so very welcome!

(Seriously, hope things are alright for you out there.)

No actually this is good advice and should be kept on here for future posterity.  My tone was largely an anti-parody of a well known entity on the forum

(Back into troll mode)

I have the opportunity to come in early and get some valuable work done.  I woke up around 4:30 needing to address a pending bodily function.  It is currently 5:16.  The office opens at 5:30 but most people don't bother coming in until about 7.  However, I could spend the next couple of hours watching Netflix or having a somewhat brief relaxation.  What should I do?
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2015, 05:27:06 AM »

Also, somebody died last night in a mobile home in Sand Springs after the roof collapsed on them during a tornadic storm.  Let us have a moment of silence as we mourn the loss of affordable housing in America.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies