I Just Want To Be Dead
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:59:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I Just Want To Be Dead
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: I Just Want To Be Dead  (Read 4001 times)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2015, 01:06:12 PM »

again, I'm the furthest thing from a fan of moderation, but threads like this should not be allowed.

99+% of the time the OP won't commit suicide, but if he did and the thread was discovered, this message board would get all sorts of attention that it doesn't need.

there are plenty of places on the internet where people w/suicidal ideation can 'talk things out' with others.  uselectionatlas.org doesn't need to be one of them.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2015, 01:26:32 PM »

pool full of liqour. dive in it.

(Sorry for not being helpful, that's just how I deal with these things)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2015, 01:48:26 PM »

I don't have anything to say that hasn't already been (much better) stated, so I will let you know that I am praying for you and that I too am struggling with depression. You have my sympathies and support Smiley.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2015, 02:41:12 PM »

My advice?

Get a Netflix subscription and watch all eleven seasons of Cheers.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2015, 02:42:37 PM »

My advice?

Get a Netflix subscription and watch all eleven seasons of Cheers.
Hands down best advice I've gotten.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2015, 02:47:28 PM »

At least you're not an obese black guy who can't get laid.

No, but seriously, stay away from Drake and drown your sorrows in Netflix until college. It gets better then.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2015, 05:29:50 PM »

As someone who will be... ugh... 32 next week, permit me some older person commentary.

Things aren't good at a timetable you determine, so while it feels terrible. Saying "I don't think things will ever get better"... when you're 18, while understandable, isn't the span of your life.

Sure, things aren't great now - but life isn't static, there are ups and downs ... most of the time, with the most inconvenient timing and not in a way you want or plan. But that's life.

What matters is how you respond to it.

And while aversion isn't always the best solution long-term, getting out of your head and a binge-watch of something light and fun always helps clear my head Smiley
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2015, 07:05:00 PM »

again, I'm the furthest thing from a fan of moderation, but threads like this should not be allowed.

99+% of the time the OP won't commit suicide, but if he did and the thread was discovered, this message board would get all sorts of attention that it doesn't need.

there are plenty of places on the internet where people w/suicidal ideation can 'talk things out' with others.  uselectionatlas.org doesn't need to be one of them.

This needs to be seen.
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2015, 09:07:49 PM »

God man, shut up with this. Let people have a space to reach out to others with similar experiences when they're having life issues.

If you're going to continue your whining, create a new thread. Don't post on this and guilt trip the guy when he's already down and out.
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2015, 09:24:56 PM »

Anywho, OP: Yes, like so many others have said on this thread, life will get better in college.

I just graduated last June, after one of the worst years of my life. Three people related to the school died, teachers treated everyone like sh*t, there's the usual frustration with high school and the anticipation of a new beginning about to begin. All that stupid crap. High school is just noise, and you'll be done in 2? 3? months. Then you are free. Done! Liberated! Scot-free!

I promise you, you are going to be so, so, so, so, so happy and relieved and excited that you never have to see those assholes ever again if you don't want to! It's an enormously liberating experience to no longer feel the social pressure of high school crushing you. You may find that you like being alone (like me), or you will find a new group of friends in college that you will keep for a lifetime. All that crappy high school drama and angst will be gone, and everyone is so chill about everything.

On top of that, if you don't like school, you don't have to spend 7 hours a day in it if you don't want to. It's amazing how little time you have to spend in class (my longest day is just 9 - 12:20), and how much time you will have to make friends, work, spend time with yourself, do stuff, etc. Imagine having a half-day, every week day. I almost can't believe it myself, and I'm almost done with my first year!

And I'm telling you this as someone who, less than a year ago, was praying every night that tomorrow would be a better day.

You'll get over that girl eventually. Take the time you need to deal with it, and then you'll be back in action Smiley It will hurt so much, but it will make you feel alive, and will make you a wiser and stronger person in the future.

So no, you are NOT better off dead. Not yourself, not anyone. You are a valuable poster, and an even more valuable person. You are a thoughtful and intelligent guy, and one day (maybe tomorrow, maybe a couple years) you will discover someone who can appreciate all of that.

This is part of life and growing older. You have so many good times (and yes, plenty of bad times as well) ahead of you, and this is but one experience that will help you become a better person. Take the pain you're feeling and ignite it into positive changes to better yourself. Is there anything you want to be better in? Well, when you try to better yourself, think of this pain you're feeling. You'll feel like crap, but that will help you, and after some time it will all pay off.

Stay strong, friend Smiley Atlas Forum is cheering for you, and I promise in just a few months your life will be so much better.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2015, 11:22:46 PM »

As someone who (actually unintentionally--I'd rather not tell the story) had to talk their sister out of suicide...tweed has a point. I wish no ill on Clinton1996 but this right now seems more like teenage angst than anything else.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2015, 11:52:19 PM »

As someone who (actually unintentionally--I'd rather not tell the story) had to talk their sister out of suicide...tweed has a point. I wish no ill on Clinton1996 but this right now seems more like teenage angst than anything else.

Even if it is, who is to say it's still not a substantial risk? As someone who has suffered from depression for many years, I know if things got bad and I asked for a lifeline from the folks here or anywhere else (and recently, they have been bad), I would hope just for someone to take it seriously enough to care.

Clinton, I know my advice may not mean much, but the first thing to do is take some time and reflect on this situation you find yourself in. Please don't do anything drastic until you have taken some time to get the angst out of your system. Take a day... Take a week... Most important thing right now should be just to look within yourself and see whether or not this is a problem that is permanent or temporary. Because let's be clear, dying is a permanent solution to your problem, and if it's a temporary problem, then why take the most drastic move? I promise you, you're not better off dead, because there are people who care about you out there. Take your time and really think about it.

I wish you the best.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2015, 08:36:08 AM »

there are plenty of places on the internet where people w/suicidal ideation can 'talk things out' with others.  uselectionatlas.org doesn't need to be one of them.

Those are actually some pretty good points.  You're probably right about this.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2015, 04:37:20 PM »
« Edited: March 28, 2015, 02:41:17 AM by Snowguy716 »

Yes..if what tweed proposes happened...his suggestion would be seen as nearly criminal in its perceived callousness and it would indeed bring a great amount of negative attention on him and those who agreed with him.

The last thing even a non genuine angsty teen contemplating or, as you implied tweed, threatening suicide, needs is to be told that if he made a thread about it, it would just mysteriously disappear or he'd be punished for it.  And he needs to take up his problem not here, where he apparently sees potential support...but somewhere else 'better' that is, most importantly, not here and not from you.

I can see it now.  Rather than letting the entire forum offer encouragement and compassion...Torie would delete the thread, infract the guy, and then offer links to pre approved 'help'.  This is help your way tweed...not his way. And when you look at it, you realize what a terrible suggestion it was.  I hope so anyway.

The way en employer offers money saving tips after they throw you to the curb 'eating from a dumpster is not below your dignity.  I've made sure of it!'

Clinton1996 you need to figure out if these terrible feelings are truly dangerous (have you contemplated ways to do it or if things just feel really bad and you feel trapped or like you cant get anything done.

If it's the former...only professional help will get you through.  If its the latter...its about escaping the worst (binge watch netflix if youre really down or force yourself to hang out with a friend or family member that you get aling with well).  Deal with the dealable.  You can handle this stress because 'this too shall pass' (it always does).  You're getting so close to the point where you meet tons of people from all around and you can be yourself and because the pool is large enough...someone will still like you.

If you're gay and in the closet like I was...much of this ciuld stem from alienation and perceived lack of acceptance.  But the fear of rejection will be ten times worse for you than the rejection itself...and the most likely outcome in todays world...acceptance...will completely ruin your dark mood and you'll wonder why you were ever so paralyzed in that closet.

And that lesson of rejection vs acceptance applies to anyone nearly anywhere at multiple points in their lives.  

Unfortunately when you're so close to a major change of venue in your life...it is easiest to wait and be honest from the beginning there.  But that doesn't help now at all.  Hence, Netflix and Atlas and actually researching ways others have overcome their own fear of rejection or alienation from the community around them.  

Literally try to find the most wordsy description of how you feel..get it into some keywords...and google 'how do i deal with feeling this and this, etc' and there'll be many others who will have first hand advice.  And just read.  

And always remember... If Tweed, Oakvale, and X agree on anything ever...its a bad sign.  Nothing against them individually...but angst meets cynicism meets modeate heroism...run from their collective advice.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies