I Just Want To Be Dead (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:20:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I Just Want To Be Dead (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I Just Want To Be Dead  (Read 4024 times)
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« on: March 26, 2015, 09:07:49 PM »

again, I'm the furthest thing from a fan of moderation, but threads like this should not be allowed.

99+% of the time the OP won't commit suicide, but if he did and the thread was discovered, this message board would get all sorts of attention that it doesn't need.

there are plenty of places on the internet where people w/suicidal ideation can 'talk things out' with others.  uselectionatlas.org doesn't need to be one of them.

God man, shut up with this. Let people have a space to reach out to others with similar experiences when they're having life issues.

If you're going to continue your whining, create a new thread. Don't post on this and guilt trip the guy when he's already down and out.
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 09:24:56 PM »

Anywho, OP: Yes, like so many others have said on this thread, life will get better in college.

I just graduated last June, after one of the worst years of my life. Three people related to the school died, teachers treated everyone like sh*t, there's the usual frustration with high school and the anticipation of a new beginning about to begin. All that stupid crap. High school is just noise, and you'll be done in 2? 3? months. Then you are free. Done! Liberated! Scot-free!

I promise you, you are going to be so, so, so, so, so happy and relieved and excited that you never have to see those assholes ever again if you don't want to! It's an enormously liberating experience to no longer feel the social pressure of high school crushing you. You may find that you like being alone (like me), or you will find a new group of friends in college that you will keep for a lifetime. All that crappy high school drama and angst will be gone, and everyone is so chill about everything.

On top of that, if you don't like school, you don't have to spend 7 hours a day in it if you don't want to. It's amazing how little time you have to spend in class (my longest day is just 9 - 12:20), and how much time you will have to make friends, work, spend time with yourself, do stuff, etc. Imagine having a half-day, every week day. I almost can't believe it myself, and I'm almost done with my first year!

And I'm telling you this as someone who, less than a year ago, was praying every night that tomorrow would be a better day.

You'll get over that girl eventually. Take the time you need to deal with it, and then you'll be back in action Smiley It will hurt so much, but it will make you feel alive, and will make you a wiser and stronger person in the future.

So no, you are NOT better off dead. Not yourself, not anyone. You are a valuable poster, and an even more valuable person. You are a thoughtful and intelligent guy, and one day (maybe tomorrow, maybe a couple years) you will discover someone who can appreciate all of that.

This is part of life and growing older. You have so many good times (and yes, plenty of bad times as well) ahead of you, and this is but one experience that will help you become a better person. Take the pain you're feeling and ignite it into positive changes to better yourself. Is there anything you want to be better in? Well, when you try to better yourself, think of this pain you're feeling. You'll feel like crap, but that will help you, and after some time it will all pay off.

Stay strong, friend Smiley Atlas Forum is cheering for you, and I promise in just a few months your life will be so much better.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies