Arkansas bill would let bosses force employees to friend them on Facebook! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:16:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Arkansas bill would let bosses force employees to friend them on Facebook! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Arkansas bill would let bosses force employees to friend them on Facebook!  (Read 2051 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« on: March 26, 2015, 02:53:54 PM »

Yeah, you see, this is small government Lyndon. Because employers, not employees, set the terms of employment. I don't necessarily like this, but at the same time, if I had a company I should be able to retain the right to make sure the employees don't defame or damage the company.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 01:27:15 PM »

Yeah, you see, this is small government Lyndon. Because employers, not employees, set the terms of employment. I don't necessarily like this, but at the same time, if I had a company I should be able to retain the right to make sure the employees don't defame or damage the company.

You do realize that companies already have ways of doing that, such as making you sign a nondisclosure agreement or a code of conduct?

This is just an excuse for some fat old Arkansas businessman to make his 20 year old female secretary let him follow her on Instagram so he can creep on her spring break photos. Or perhaps for some sexually frustrated right-wing Republican state legislator to keep an eye on all those fresh-faced, strapping young college men who intern in his office.
Maybe. They have a right to demand that if they set the terms of employment.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 01:55:45 PM »

You do realize that companies already have ways of doing that, such as making you sign a nondisclosure agreement or a code of conduct?

This is just an excuse for some fat old Arkansas businessman to make his 20 year old female secretary let him follow her on Instagram so he can creep on her spring break photos. Or perhaps for some sexually frustrated right-wing Republican state legislator to keep an eye on all those fresh-faced, strapping young college men who intern in his office.
Maybe. They have a right to demand that if they set the terms of employment.

So, forcing someone to buy healthcare is tyranny and worse than Hitler.
But forcing someone to accept his/her boss snooping around his/her social media profile is liberty.
Thanks for clarifying that.
Your strawman is on fire, but I don't feel fond enough about you to bother putting it out. So you can just keep burning out in the cornfield.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies