The Office of Harry S Truman
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:46:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of Harry S Truman
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: The Office of Harry S Truman  (Read 13084 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2015, 02:41:12 PM »

Congratulations my friend you'll do great in the senate!!!

Thanks!
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2015, 02:42:20 PM »

Congratulations on your victory!
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2015, 02:43:21 PM »

Thanks, Clarence!
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2015, 02:51:18 PM »

Congratulations, Senator Truman! Well deserved win for one of our most active members!
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2015, 03:00:55 PM »

Congratulations, Senator Truman! Well deserved win for one of our most active members!
Thanks, Mr. Governor-elect!
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2015, 03:18:56 PM »

About bloody time.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2015, 04:21:26 PM »

Praise the gods!
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2015, 04:29:57 PM »

Thanks, Senators.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2015, 04:30:21 PM »

Victory on a write-in campaign!!! Congrats!!! Cheesy
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #59 on: August 24, 2015, 04:31:37 PM »

This first time since August 2011, if the wiki is correct.

And thanks!
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2015, 04:33:44 PM »
« Edited: August 24, 2015, 04:36:28 PM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

This first time since August 2011, if the wiki is correct.

And thanks!

I know BRTD, I served with BRTD, You sir are no BRTD, because you will actually be a great Senator. Smiley

That also makes it far more glorious a triumph, because that was all bgwah and JCP machine in August of 2011 pushing BRTD through, to occupy a chair. You ran with a fractured third party's base and your own merits alone.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2015, 08:58:16 PM »

Congrats Truman. While we differ on issues you've been one of the driving forces of reform and it was an honor to work with you in the assembly. Hopefully I'll be able to join you in October after the Federal elections.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2015, 11:06:23 PM »

Congrats Truman. While we differ on issues you've been one of the driving forces of reform and it was an honor to work with you in the assembly. Hopefully I'll be able to join you in October after the Federal elections.
Thanks, JCL (for the kind words and the press leak Wink).
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #63 on: August 25, 2015, 12:30:09 AM »

Thanks, JCL (for the kind words and the press leak Wink).

Besides, you're a fellow Hoosier. 😝
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #64 on: August 25, 2015, 10:31:54 AM »

Congratulations Senator.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #65 on: August 25, 2015, 11:13:37 AM »

Thanks very much, Winfield!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #66 on: August 25, 2015, 04:26:27 PM »

Congrats my friend. I'm glad we were able to pull this off. The Party isn't dead quite yet!

Now onward. Represent The People and let's shape the future!
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #67 on: August 25, 2015, 06:28:47 PM »

Congrats my friend. I'm glad we were able to pull this off. The Party isn't dead quite yet!

Now onward. Represent The People and let's shape the future!

Thanks, Duke. If Atlasia fails, it won't be because The People's representatives shied away from the fray.
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #68 on: August 25, 2015, 06:42:41 PM »

Congratulations! Cheesy I'm glad we'll serve together in the Senate Smiley
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #69 on: August 25, 2015, 07:34:56 PM »

Congratulations! Cheesy I'm glad we'll serve together in the Senate Smiley

As am I. Thanks!
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #70 on: September 04, 2015, 05:56:40 PM »

Representative Harry S Truman
43rd Assembly Statistics

Voting Record
43rd Speakership Election: Harry S Truman (Elected 4-0-0)
Family Farming Regulatory Relief Act: AYE (Passed 3-0-0)
West Virginia Relief Act: AYE (Passed 2-0-0)
Abortion Liberalization Act: AYE (Passed 2-1-1; VETOED)
Veto Override Motion (Abortion Liberalization Act): AYE (Passed 3-1-0)

Bills Proposed
West Virginia Relief Act (Passed)
Abortion Liberalization Act (Passed over veto)
2nd Amendment to the Constitution (Debating)

Remarks
The Crisis (7/22)
On the State of Reform (7/27)
Running for Senate, Again (8/4)
Platform: On Game Reform (8/5)
Domestic & Foreign Policy Planks (8/6)
Cris-Rpryor Amendment (8/17)
Write-in Truman for Senate! (8/20)
The 3rd Time's the Charm (8/24)
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #71 on: September 05, 2015, 10:10:08 PM »

Happy to have you serving Atlasia.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #72 on: September 10, 2015, 04:30:14 PM »

Senator Truman reviews proposed legislation to organize a Constitutional Convention

In Nyman, the work of organizing the Constitutional Convention continues. The Senate recently adopted an amendment (which I drafted) to the Regulations bill establishing the method for selecting delegates to the Convention. Under the proposed system, there would be 25 delegates in total: the Regions would elect 15, distributed according to population, by popular vote; while the Senate would select five senators and five delegates distributed evenly between the left-leaning and right-leaning parties. This system ensures that both the Regions and the national electorate at-large is represented in the drafting process, just as our federal system of government prevents either the Regions or the national government from getting out of hand. With the cooperation of all involved, I hope that the Regulations Act will be passed by the end of next week, so that we can begin the work of rebuilding our national government as soon as possible.

Turning homeward, I would like to congratulate Vivaportugalhabs on succeeding me as Speaker of the Mideast Assembly and to offer him my endorsement in the upcoming gubernatorial election. In the three months we spent as fellow representatives in our Region's legislature, I never knew him to be anything but an active, conscientious, hard-working representative of the people. When others bemoaned the inevitable decline of Atlasia, Representative VPH worked stoically in the Assembly to lead his Region through the storm. Not only has he been a reliable voice for liberty and activity in the Regional government, he has repeatedly taken the helm himself, drafting legislation like the Family Farming Regulatory Relief Act that was credited by Game Moderator Dkrolga with giving the Mideast the lowest unemployment rate in the nation. As the ship of state approaches even more challenging straights, we need men like VPH at the head of our Region, and I implore my fellow citizens to elect VPH Governor of the Mideast on September 17! On a similar note, I wholeheartedly endorse Never Again for a full term as Mideast Representative, and hope that my fellow Mideasterners will have the good sense to return such an engaged, forward-thinking legislator to the halls of Peter's Park.

Long Live the Republic!

Harry S Truman, Senator At-Large
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #73 on: September 23, 2015, 04:22:57 PM »

Senator Truman discusses his plan for the new Constitution

In a few days, the Constitutional Convention will be in full swing, with delegates from the Regions due to officially take office shortly. As one of five Senators elected to attend the Convention, I am publishing a short summary of some of the things I will be pushing for once the Convention is underway. As always, feel free to make suggestions or to ask any questions you may have. I look forward to representing you in this critical hour!

I. A Three-Region Map
Anyone who has listened to anything I've said over the past three months knows that I am a strong supporter of Regional Consolidation. I support Consolidation for one reason and one reason alone: at the present time, Atlasia does not have enough active citizens to sustain five Regional governments. We can see this in the Midwest, where Regional government has effectively collapsed; in the South, where no citizen filed to run for Legislature this month; and in my native Mideast, where a grand total of one citizen filed to run in an election for five seats in the Assembly. As a former three-term member of the Mideast Assembly, I am proud of my Region; but as much as I love the Mideast, I love Atlasia more. The fact of the matter is that, if we do not decrease the number of Regions, Atlasia will be unable to survive. I will therefore fight tirelessly to institute a three-Region map.

II. Fewer Offices Nationally
One of the biggest problems facing Atlasia today is that we have more positions than citizens interested in filling them. Currently, two of our most important cabinet offices - the SoEA and the Game Moderator - sit vacant, while elections in which the number of candidates exceeds the number of available seats are few and far between. Not only does this excess of offices keep our government from functioning smoothly; it makes interesting, competitive elections virtually impossible. Therefore, I will work to shrink the size of our federal institutions and encourage the Regions to do the same.

III. Devolution
As a former Speaker of my Region's Assembly, I understand the importance of carefully balancing power between Nyman and the Regions. I therefore support efforts to vest more powers in the hands of the Regions, which will encourage interest in local offices and force parties to actively contest Regional elections. As we saw from the Roe vs. ZuWo decision, granting Regions the power to legislate on certain issues is a boon for activity and makes Atlasia more interesting.

IV. Minor Points
Abolish the Vice Presidency   With the passage of legislation removing him as the Senate's presiding officer, there's really nothing left for the VP to do. As Adam pointed out in his own reform plan, the tiebreaking power could easily be transferred to the president, while the vice president's other powers could be assumed either by the Speaker of the Senate or by various cabinet officers. Furthermore, abolishing the VP post allows us to reduce the number of offices and eliminates the need for an otherwise active player to languish in Asphodel for four months hoping that his boss resigns.

The Senate   Both Senator Cris and RG Griffin have proposed eliminating the At-Large seats and allowing each Region to elect two Senators. I support this plan. We know from experience that Regional elections are vastly more interesting and competitive than At-Large elections, and I fully support this effort to grant more responsibilities to the Regions. (Note that, if adopted, this proposal would put me out of a job. I'm supporting this anyway because I feel that it is best for Atlasia.)

Regional Government   While I support allowing the Regions to establish their own systems of government, I encourage Regional leaders to establish lean, efficient governments under the new three-Region system. Ideally, each Region would have 5 elected officials: 1 governor, 3 legislators, and 1 CJO.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #74 on: September 23, 2015, 04:24:56 PM »

I completely support your plan.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies