The Office of Harry S Truman (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:13:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of Harry S Truman (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Office of Harry S Truman  (Read 13309 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: August 24, 2015, 04:30:21 PM »

Victory on a write-in campaign!!! Congrats!!! Cheesy
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 04:33:44 PM »
« Edited: August 24, 2015, 04:36:28 PM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

This first time since August 2011, if the wiki is correct.

And thanks!

I know BRTD, I served with BRTD, You sir are no BRTD, because you will actually be a great Senator. Smiley

That also makes it far more glorious a triumph, because that was all bgwah and JCP machine in August of 2011 pushing BRTD through, to occupy a chair. You ran with a fractured third party's base and your own merits alone.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 01:58:00 AM »

As Federalists hold the majority of the senate membership, step aside for one of them. Yankee

If that standard mattered, I would have lost half of the times I won the PPT, including several 8-2 Leftist Senates thanks to votes of people like Antonio, Kalwejt and Napoleon, as well as many many others over the years.

If that standard had been applied in 2013, TNF would have been Senator from the outset of Duke's administration onward.

Also, I am no longer a Senator. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 03:42:06 AM »

Thank-you, Mr. President!

As Federalists hold the majority of the senate membership, step aside for one of them. Yankee

If that standard mattered, I would have lost half of the times I won the PPT, including several 8-2 Leftist Senates thanks to votes of people like Antonio, Kalwejt and Napoleon, as well as many many others over the years.

If that standard had been applied in 2013, TNF would have been Senator from the outset of Duke's administration onward.
See, Yankee gets it! The Senate has a long history of giving party politics the finger when it comes to choosing its officers, and I'm proud to help continue that tradition.

The PPT was suppose to be a non-partisan office, but frequently the elections for such became partisan affairs, with the JCP voting me out twice when they achieved the numbers to do so. However, they ran the place under pretty much the same manner as I did. Bacon King and Bgwah just wanted the office, not to change the ball game.

Labor spent two whole years seeking to transform the office, thanks to a combination of TNF's outrageous demands (basically that he dominate the floor even after I bended the rules to get him an extra bill on the floor as it was) and Labor's much vaunted party unity over all meant a blind quest to elect him as PPT and transform the Senate's leadership method to a partisan one. The structure was never changed and TNF's time as PPT was a disaster long predicted and quickly dispensed with. However, I don't doubt that Nix hoped the creation of the Speakership and destruction of the PPT (as well as once again making the VP useless) would eventually lead to people naturally moving in that direction. But a good kind providence always seems to shine on us in this regard. Some might call it luck, in this case, I called it Speaker Windjammer. Evil

I hope that the new SEnate is organized similiarly with it's (as yet unamed officer, but hopefully something akin to President or Presiding Officer) leadership and rules. It would help provide an important constrast and differentiation with the House. THis was the present in the Duke Plan back in 2013 as well, with a partisan House leadership and a non-partisan Senate administration.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2016, 03:39:23 PM »

I never really considered Ebowed to be a full on radical, just eccentric and militantly environmentalist (ELP afterall). Tongue Talleyrand and Oakvale were the last two "true" Radical Senators. Ebowed and Barnes would fit in a category just below their level.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies