I'm Backing Blair: Campaign for At-Large Senate seat (Policing Reform)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:48:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  I'm Backing Blair: Campaign for At-Large Senate seat (Policing Reform)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: I'm Backing Blair: Campaign for At-Large Senate seat (Policing Reform)  (Read 2679 times)
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2015, 02:38:34 PM »

Forgot to re-post these kinds comments from Truman.

Mr. Blair, meanwhile, has the potential to bring new ideas and energy to a chamber filled with old faces. His campaign has been marked by articulate, bold proposals for Atlasia's future, and his time as Speaker of the Northeast Assembly provides credence to his ability to taking a leading role in debate. While still somewhat rough around the edges, Mr. Blair promises to be a fine senator and public servant. We have no doubt that he will do his country proud.

DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2015, 02:45:41 PM »

You've been awesome, Blair. You have my full support!
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2015, 12:33:22 PM »

'Friends, we've come a long way in this campaign. We've fought a good fight, and we've taken our vision  for a fairer more just society around the nation. This is the finest tradition of our nation-democracy. Voters from across the lane will be coming to the polls to decide who governs our nation. We need to make sure that we have a Senate that understands the needs of real people. I've been standing up for you for the last 3 months-I'd love to have another opportunity to do that. But more importantly, I say to all those across the nation let's go out and vote for progress. Let's go out and vote Labor. Godspeed friends'

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2015, 12:36:07 PM »

Lumine: And now we move to an interview with another officeholder, Senator Blair, currently fighting the At-Large Senate race.

An interview with At-Large Senator Blair:

At- Large Senator Blair (Lab-MA), running for a full term in the Senate

Lumine: Senator, thanks for accepting this request.

Blair: It's fine, I appreciate having the opportunity.

Lumine: First of all, how do you feel a few hours before the election? Are you confident about the potential result?

Blair: Well the first results are coming in, and it looks like it's going to a tight race. I always expected it would be competitive with so many good faces involved. I'm hoping that we can start to pull ahead not just in the senate race but also in the Northeast Assembly. You never feel great on election night, but I'm a happy warrior.

Lumine: In a contrast with other At-Large elections there hasn’t been a debate or a lot of polling, and yet most candidates have released some detailed agendas. How would you describe your experience in the campaign trail?

Blair: It's been a low key campaign from me, but I've been the only candidate to stake out a clear policy on the big issues that face our society. We hear a lot of generalizations in the campaign, about how people want to re-define politics. My campaigns been focused on areas of policy that I feel I can deliver on. Hopefully if elected I can put this into action because really that's what people want. They don't want a campaign that ends on sunday night.

Lumine: A bit of a cliché question, I know, but what is your view of the other five candidates?

Blair: Well I'm a relative newcomer to this so I'm still getting to know people. Lief's a very able senator, and I hugely respect him for all his work for labor both in the senate and in the party. If I lose, at the very least I can thank him for giving me a month in the senate-which I'm grateful for.

I've think Cris is a very able senator, I mean we have disagreements on policy but I have to praise him for keeping such a high profile throughout his service. I always appreciate it when people post updates about their senate work because sometimes people feel isolated from the Senate.

Polnut is a popular dedicated senator, he's doing well in the polls. He's always been friendly with me, and happy to talk. I just hope we can get to work on police reform if we both get re-elected because I honestly feel that there's some progress to be made on that bill. I'd say the same with Yankee, he's a dedicated senator and has committed himself well to public service. I hope both of them will continue this hard work if they get re-elected.

With Poirot I hope he's recovered from his time behind bars. He's one of the good guys in this race, and everyone loves a perennial candidate.

Lumine: There has been some controversy regarding current candidate Poirot and his incident in the Pacific, his current status a bit confusing. How do you feel about this situation?

Blair: I think it's awful, everyone should have a right to campaign peacefully no matter what party they belong to. I'll leave the legal arguments for the lawyers but there's a whole host of stuff going on after the recent election there which ended in controversy. I'm glad that they released Poirot on bail, at the least.

Lumine: I would like to move to your current job now, seeing as you have served in Nyman for two weeks already. How would you describe your time in the Senate so far?

Blair: It's been exciting. It's given me some meat to put on the bone, and I hope people know now that I've got the experience I need to serve another term in the Senate. I've got lots of ideas if I get re-elected, I just hope the Senate could move a bit faster in getting stuff through. It's stupid that it's taking 4-6 weeks to pass a bill when we've got real issues like HIV/Aids that need to be discussed.

Lumine: It has been said, Senator, that you are a rising star in the Labor Party, especially considering your quick rise to Speaker and Senator.  Do you share that assessment?

Blair: Haha hopefully I won't be a dying star after this weekend. Everyone in labor has been beyond amazing to me, that's all I can really say. They've helped me get settled in quickly, and I'm happy that I've had the opportunity to serve now. We need more fresh faces in Atlasia, and I think that's part of my appeal-I'm not the old guard.

Lumine: Thank you, Senator.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2015, 07:45:17 AM »

Congratulations on your election.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2015, 07:48:41 AM »

Congratulations on your victory!
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2015, 09:29:04 AM »

Blair congratulations for getting elected to a full Senate term.  You can shake up Nyman.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2015, 09:33:57 AM »

Congrats!
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2015, 11:41:46 AM »

Many thanks to all those who voted, and thank you to all those who voted for me. I'm delighted to get re-elected to my first full term as Senator, and I'd like to congratulate my fellow senators who also won- Yankee, Lief, Polnut and Cris I hope I can work well with you over the next 2 months. We've managed to achieve a good victory not just in the Senate race, but also in the Northeast Assembly where Cynic and Clyde have both been elected. They'll both be excellent voices for the Northeast.

I hope Poirot has recovered from his awful arrest, and I'd like to praise him for running a good and energetic campaign. You can't always win in politics, but you can always put up a good fight-he's done that in this campaign. Now Friends, lets get on to the pressing business that is the senate, and ensure that we get to work tackling the big issues that face this fine nation. I've been elected as a progressive, and I intend to serve as one. The work does not end here friends. Thank you.   
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2015, 02:28:45 PM »

Congratulations, friend, on your victory.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2015, 04:03:00 PM »

Congratulations!
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies